How much do you miss Mike Rob?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Oh my god, please I will pay money to have RRR back
28%
I am very sad, but I trust John and Pete in what they are doing
47%
It was necessary, Coleman can fill the role in his position
21%
No Opinion
4%

Total votes : 127

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 pm
  • How much do you miss Mike Rob? I know that he was ill before (maybe during) we released him, but does anyone know the current status on him?
    CaptBennett
    NET Rookie

Re: How much do you miss Mike Rob?
Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm
  • Don't miss him at all. Never met him.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Not at all.

I like the dude but its football, guys come and go.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm
  • He supposedly made a visit to the Titans, but nothing came of it. Supposed to be on NFLN today at some point, as a guest analyst.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:27 pm
  • Why are we supposed to miss people most of us have never met?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:30 pm
  • about 7
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:32 pm
  • I miss him, RRR was unprecedented AFAIK plus he made most of you guys hate Kearse before he started showing up in the stat columns.
    Though I did wish him luck in Bellevue before last year's Greenbay game.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:37 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Why are we supposed to miss people most of us have never met?

I kinda was referring to the RRR too.
    CaptBennett
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm
  • I miss the RRR, maybe we can get Scruggs to do the Scruggs Report
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm
  • While I don't cry myself to sleep at night because of his departure, I really enjoyed watching the RRR and I will miss MikeRob and his videos. Despite never having met the guy, I think that it was quite apparent that he was a person of character and a positive influence in that locker room.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Why are we supposed to miss people most of us have never met?

Because we are Seattle and this is typical of our fan mentality up here.

You wait till they actually cut bait with a big name player. This city is gonna shit.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:45 pm
  • I chose No Opinion, because, after one game, frankly it's just too early.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 pm
  • Get back to me after seeing how Lynch does this Sunday without him.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:04 pm
  • look at everybody playing dumb "why would I miss him, I've never met him??".

As if I should have to point out the fact that you don't have to know someone personally to miss them. you can miss inanimate objects, or television shows, or players on a team.

I'll miss him. Hard nosed player, and I really think Marshawns play will be lesser this year than it has been in the last 2, without him. Plus the RRR was awesome...
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:08 pm
  • He still updates his twitter and Facebook...
    CaptBennett
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:25 pm
  • I have another question.

How pissed would you be if a better player was released because of salary cap issues due to paying every MRob that comes down the pike?
    Mick063
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:38 pm
  • Did anyone catch him on NFL Network today? I guess he was a guest analyst. I'm still re-watching the Carolina game but it seems like I remember Coleman not opening any holes for Lynch. I'd totally pay $2.99 a month for RRR and him blocking for Lynch.
    RussellMania
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:40 pm
  • RussellMania wrote:Did anyone catch him on NFL Network today? I guess he was a guest analyst. I'm still re-watching the Carolina game but it seems like I remember Coleman not opening any holes for Lynch. I'd totally pay $2.99 a month for RRR and him blocking for Lynch.

Coleman actually did really well when they lined him up to block.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:50 pm
  • I think it's really funny that a bunch of people are blaming the absence of Robinson for our issue running the ball against Carolina.

Unless you are willing to look at each run there is no way you can say the fullback position was at fault.

We just aren't using the fullback that much. On lynch's 14 yard run to ice the game we ran out of a single back, two TE, two WR formation. Robinson would have had no impact on that play, yet it was our best run, as he wasn't part of the personnel package.

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:06 pm
  • He's my 5th most favoritest player that was in this team. //sadface

I like what Coleman brings but he doesn't bring the leadership or experience that they can rely on with certainty. The post-TD hushing of the crowd in DC was a moment ill never forget.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 pm
  • Yeah you're right. Just finished rewatching the game (boy does the condensed version on Game Pass make this easy) and Coleman is only in about half a dozen times. 2 of those times Coleman picks up a first down catching the ball, and one one of those times Coleman blocks for Turbin allowing him to get about 15 yards. Maybe we should use a FB more because at this rate Lynch won't even have 800 yards this season.
    RussellMania
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:32 pm
  • Dom Said:
    You wait till they actually cut bait with a big name player. This city is gonna shit.

No kidding - we still passionately hate ARod for signing that mega contract with Texas. I don't even care about his recent stuff, I'm just relieved the rest of the country caught up to what a giant douche he is for not staying with Mariners.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Mick063 wrote:I have another question.

How pissed would you be if a better player was released because of salary cap issues due to paying every MRob that comes down the pike?

Define better. He's a pro-bowl FB that was well liked in the locker room as well as by the fans. What's wrong with fans becoming attached to a player here and there? I haven't read any posts about people being "pissed" but dissapointed? Yes...

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:15 pm
  • I miss him a lot.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:41 pm
  • Of course we miss him.

Tell you what, go back last year and compare the average YPC with Robinson blocking to the average YPC without him this year.

Maybe we can compare the average YPC this year to last, but the problem is that the sample size is low and the results are skewed because Carolina does have a great front 7. Is that ridiculous? Because we have such a small sample size and it is the first game?

Just as ridiculous as looking at the # of times we used a FB in the last game as justification for why our running game was not affected by the lack of a FB. All else being equal, removing a FB is going to hurt a running game because you have one less blocker.

You cannot just say "Well we didn't use a FB but a few times so that means we didn't miss him" because the comparison is with how you would have done if you had used a FB. Clearly, since our FB is less experienced we are going to look for formations that do not rely as much on a FB. That does not mean that using a FB or more specifically using Robinson as a FB would not have helped us.

FBs make it easier on the RB. Hell, I believe that even Barry Sanders, one of the greatest RB of all time, did not get his first 2000 yard season until they used a FB. It makes a difference.

Add that Robinson was a vocal team leader and an effective weapon in the passing game - and I am not sure how you can make the case we are not going to have negative effects from that loss.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 am
  • After the first preseason game I told my son he was gone. Coleman is impressive. This offense needs someone who can do it all. Holmy settled for receivers who couldn't catch, runners who couldn't catch or block. No more. Coleman is solid on special teams and can run, block and catch. Onward and upward.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:50 am
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Mick063 wrote:I have another question.

Define better. He's a pro-bowl FB that was well liked in the locker room as well as by the fans. What's wrong with fans becoming attached to a player here and there? I haven't read any posts about people being "pissed" but dissapointed? Yes...

Yeah, I miss him. As far as dollars, maybe he wasn't the best value, but if MRobs just came down the pike all the time, every team would have one. We can move on, but I won't pretend that what he and Lynch had wasn't special.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:04 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Of course we miss him.

Tell you what, go back last year and compare the average YPC with Robinson blocking to the average YPC without him this year.

Maybe we can compare the average YPC this year to last, but the problem is that the sample size is low and the results are skewed because Carolina does have a great front 7. Is that ridiculous? Because we have such a small sample size and it is the first game?

Just as ridiculous as looking at the # of times we used a FB in the last game as justification for why our running game was not affected by the lack of a FB. All else being equal, removing a FB is going to hurt a running game because you have one less blocker.

You cannot just say "Well we didn't use a FB but a few times so that means we didn't miss him" because the comparison is with how you would have done if you had used a FB. Clearly, since our FB is less experienced we are going to look for formations that do not rely as much on a FB. That does not mean that using a FB or more specifically using Robinson as a FB would not have helped us.

FBs make it easier on the RB. Hell, I believe that even Barry Sanders, one of the greatest RB of all time, did not get his first 2000 yard season until they used a FB. It makes a difference.

Add that Robinson was a vocal team leader and an effective weapon in the passing game - and I am not sure how you can make the case we are not going to have negative effects from that loss.

That's actually not true in all cases. There are plenty of RB's who prefer the 1-back system. Who thrive in those kind of offenses. Also are you aware of the fact that Seattle had a significantly higher rushing average (YPA) when Robinson WASN'T on the field? The fact is Coleman graded out well for his first time (according PFF (IIRC)).

So will we miss him a little sure, but is it enough to justify his significant salary and his age? All that has to factor into the decision.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:55 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Don't miss him at all. Never met him.

why do you care if the Seahawks win a game? you don't play for them
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:58 am
  • themunn wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Don't miss him at all. Never met him.

Because I root for the team not the players.

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 am
  • From what I've seen out of Coleman I definitely miss Mike Rob. And I can tell you another character on the team who didnt take the move well, BEAST MODE. Watching him play at Carolina was saddening, it literally looked like he was lost and didn't have the physical aspect to his game like last year. Coleman is going to have to block the very best this week in Patrick Willis and unfortunately I don't see that going over well. Mike Rob had a hard time blocking Willis for most of last years game therefore its really hard to imagine Coleman doing any better(worse if anything). This Sunday will be a huge test for our run game. Excited to be there in person
    Dabhawk
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:53 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Why are we supposed to miss people most of us have never met?

Because we are Seattle and this is typical of our fan mentality up here.

:13:
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:55 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Don't miss him at all. Never met him.

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:01 am
  • themunn wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    themunn wrote:[quote="Tech Worlds"]Don't miss him at all. Never met him.

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?[/quote]

Yep.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want law breakers. Those guys won't last on the team anyhow. But as long as we remain competitive, and continue to win, I won't fret 1 iota over losing players.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:08 am
  • Don't miss him at all. Never met him.[/quote]

why do you care if the Seahawks win a game? you don't play for them[/quote]

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.[/quote]

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?[/quote]

Yep.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want law breakers. Those guys won't last on the team anyhow. But as long as we remain competitive, and continue to win, I won't fret 1 iota over losing players.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?[/quote]

That said, I suppose you don't wear anybody's jersey unless it's #12? Why bother picking a player's jersey if they're just cogs in a machine...

I don't understand that kind of "team" loyalty if you don't have at least one player that endears you that much more to your team.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:15 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    themunn wrote:So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?

Yep.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?

I'm not from Seattle, I'm not a Mariners fan, I'm not even a baseball fan, so I have literally no idea what you're talking about.
    I don't understand the logic in "supporting" a team just because you're from the same place if you don't have any affinity for the people who actually play for the team, then really there's no point in actually watching the sport, you might as well just check out the box score at the end and celebrate.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 am
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.[/quote]

Yep.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?[/quote]

That said, I suppose you don't wear anybody's jersey unless it's #12? Why bother picking a player's jersey if they're just cogs in a machine...

I don't understand that kind of "team" loyalty if you don't have at least one player that endears you that much more to your team.[/quote]

I got favorite players, I wear jerseys. But I ain't gonna get all butt hurt if they leave. I can't control that.

I got a Wilson Jersey. Will I be upset if they dump him? Of course. I won't miss him and get all wishy washy. They ain't the Beatles and I ain't no teen aged girl fainting when I see them.
    But I rooted for the team long before Wilson came and I'll root for it long after he's gone.
    Last edited by Tech Worlds on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:33 am
  • Seems as though the offense has evolved since the early Bevell days. For some reason, the team has moved away from a MRob type or the big banger John Connor/Bruce Miller FB, which is kind of surprising to me.

I think the team misses MRob, but they also tend to close the ranks quickly and move on. As a fan, I just worry about things that can keep the team from winning. If his voice as a veteran is missed at a key point in a critical game, well I just hope it was replaced with a level-headed guy that can command respect in a time of uncertainty.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 am
  • Tech Worlds, mind fixing your post so it doesn't look like I said that about MikeRob? Particularly since I was arguing exactly the opposite of that statement...

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:15 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:Tech Worlds, mind fixing your post so it doesn't look like I said that about MikeRob? Particularly since I was arguing exactly the opposite of that statement...

The forum did it. I just quoted you. I played with it to get what I think you wanted conveyed. Didn't mean to mislead anyone
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm
  • I cry myself to sleep every night.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]