Seattle will win this week

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Yup. You heard it here first (from a 49er fan anyways (actually, plently 49ers fans on this board have revealed their doubts regarding a 49ers win)).

Wilson is legit. Our Defense has trouble stopping competent QBs. Especially when the QB has time to scan the field. Sure, I expect the 49ers to routinely collapse the pocket on Wilson. But Wilson knows how to escape, and he is the best in the league when throwing on the run. Doesn't bode well for our D.

In terms of offense, you guys are too good at the CLINK. Kap will struggle to get the play in and, most importantly, he will struggle to orchestrate the complex motions our offense runs. Our WRs will be buried by your secondary. I can't see Boldin doing well against Sherman. And Kyle Williams' only threat is downfield, but ET is more than capable of breaking up the big pass play. You guys will double and even triple team Davis.

I think the only way the 49ers have a chance is if Kap targets players like TE Vance McDonald, FB Bruce Miller, or 3rd WR Patton (he only had a handful of snaps against GB).

Honestly, I don't see a victory here. Probably something like 31-17 Seattle. Hopefully it will be a clean, injure free game though

davidonmi

Reaction score
thanks. I think both teams will win in their respective home games in the series this year

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the Hawks will win, but I always pick the Hawks to win at home.

I do expect this game to be much much closer than last year's 49'er beat down at home though, especially if Kaep doesn't turn the ball over. So I expect a more conservative game plan out of Harbaugh than he brought in last year. He's not going to put too much on Kaepernick's plate, expect a lot of running and playing the field position game unless you get behind early.

Cartire

Reaction score
This screams karma rekindling.

As if its a superstitious ploy.

Im not buying this as a fair rivalry if the fans are acting like this. Its like chemical warfare.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Cartire":3byvl6ix said:
This screams karma rekindling.

As if its a superstitious ploy.

Im not buying this as a fair rivalry if the fans are acting like this. Its like chemical warfare.

lol.

It's being realistic. That home field advantage is good for at least one touchdown in point differential every game. The NFL has never seen anything like it, except maybe Lambeau Field in winter during the late 90s. The fans are a huge part of it, but the stadium itself is so perfect for acoustics, and now there is such a specter about it that it even has an additional mental effect that only compounds things more.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If the Niners hope to compete in this game, it will lie on Frank Gores shoulders to do so. Though I am sure Harbaugh has plenty of film on our secondary, not a lot he can do to counter that omnipresent force. Kaepernick will be hard pressed to get anything long going, so that leaves him to either dink and dunk or to run the ball with either himself or Gore. If he maintains his composure and doesn't try to force something into Boldin or Davis he should be alright. If he does lose composure, god help him! Gore has always been solid against us but like my comment on our secondary the Hawks have plenty of Film on these guys too, so I can only assume that Dan Quinn has been emphasizing the containment this week. Our Oline is the biggest area of concern at the moment and I am sure Harbaugh will try to take advantage of this but ultimately I think it is going to be an area of major improvement after our last outing. LSS I think this will be a tighter game than last fall but I still see us winning this game by 7.

Veilside

Reaction score
Just the fact that Justin Smith is healthy this time tells me it won't be a blowout like before, but I think you're right about most of that. Clink is a hard place to play and Kaep just looked straight out lost on offense. He probably won't look quite as bad this time, but I don't see him commanding the offense good enough to pull off a win.

No way Boldin gets as open as he did against GB either, even if they move him around like Carolina did with Smith. Sherman isn't the only DB who can cover and Boldin isn't exactly known for his ability to get separation. I don't know what GB's defense was doing, but it really dropped the ball on covering Boldin.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I wasn't feeling comfortable about this game before. Now three 9er fans are predicting a Hawks win, I feel positively nervous.

Ugh.

When's the Jags game?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stop it with this reverse psychological voodoo you guys got going on...its freaking me out

TaterHawk

Reaction score
If a team ever takes a dive in the regular season (to preserve) it will happen here. Honestly not being able to communicate at all is dangerous for a team. Not saying a team can’t come in and win, but they can’t do it conventionally any more. Only shot is to take huge risk early and try to get the Hawks to play from behind, and the fans to calm a bit (good luck with that) I actually feel bad for other teams…a little bit. And this experience is going to suck for the 9ers. # 12 is going to eat your team.

Seriously do you think Kaepernick will sign a Dolphins cap for me?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
trap.jpg

60niners

Reaction score
I won't be all broken up if the Niners don't come away with a win. These teams are fairly even and the home team should win 9/10 times.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":eg6lcb30 said:
Yup. You heard it here first (from a 49er fan anyways (actually, plently 49ers fans on this board have revealed their doubts regarding a 49ers win)).

Wilson is legit. Our Defense has trouble stopping competent QBs. Especially when the QB has time to scan the field. Sure, I expect the 49ers to routinely collapse the pocket on Wilson. But Wilson knows how to escape, and he is the best in the league when throwing on the run. Doesn't bode well for our D.

In terms of offense, you guys are too good at the CLINK. Kap will struggle to get the play in and, most importantly, he will struggle to orchestrate the complex motions our offense runs. Our WRs will be buried by your secondary. I can't see Boldin doing well against Sherman. And Kyle Williams' only threat is downfield, but ET is more than capable of breaking up the big pass play. You guys will double and even triple team Davis.

I think the only way the 49ers have a chance is if Kap targets players like TE Vance McDonald, FB Bruce Miller, or 3rd WR Patton (he only had a handful of snaps against GB).

Honestly, I don't see a victory here. Probably something like 31-17 Seattle. Hopefully it will be a clean, injure free game though

I think it'll be a closer game than that, but for the most part I agree.

Going into that game in Seattle...thats a tall order.

I'm predicting another season of the home team wins. Divisional split. If the Niners do win in Seattles back yard tho....that would be HUGE.

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1wljpq34 said:
Stop it with this reverse psychological voodoo you guys got going on...its freaking me out

LOL. Nah. Just being honest.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
So, basically this is a no-lose proposition.

If you win, you get to rub it in our faces under the guise of: "I never thought."

And if you lose, you can avoid eating crow.