Seattle will win this week

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Seattle will win this week
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I think you're overestimating our early season offense. I would be shocked if we scored 31 points

I just don't see Carpenter or Sweezy having much success against SF. I dont think the offense is going to roll like last year.

If Carroll and Bevell come out and continue to stubbornly try to run the ball against a defense that is clearly set on stopping the run like they did for 3 quarters in Carolina? Then yes, you're right.

Carroll at his presser yesterday; "We didn’t zero in early enough, where we could make the adjustments that we normally make. It just took us a while. At the end of the game, we were able to run the ball enough to make the drives that we needed and things worked out. It just took us longer than we needed in that game in particular.”

So yeah if we get off to another slow start like we seem to always do, then this is going to be a dog fight til the end. But if Pete let's Russell come out throwing downfield and make pass plays? Then that'll loosen up the run game, and we should win going away.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 am
  • hawker84 wrote:Just win baby, don't care if it's by a last second field goal down by two, just win.

Word.

Although another 29 point victory would be choice. :th2thumbs: :49ersmall:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:08 am
  • Totally a trap. I would know since I do the exact same thing to my friends when I'm concerned about a game and don't wanna listen to all their trash talking after the fact. You cover yourself either way, either your team loses due to the reasons you presented ahead of time, or your team wins and then get to brag about it TWICE as much due to the reasons you presented ahead of time why they shouldn't be winning the game. I was already doing it this past Sunday watching at my buddy's house who's a diehard Panthers fan. I must've brought up 4 missing defensive starters, 10 am start, and 90 degree heat 5 times each prior to kickoff. Lol
    12thManNorth
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 am
  • I think Kaepernick handled last year's game about as poorly as he could. He's come a long way since then, so my gut feeling is that SF is good for 2, maybe 3 TDs. I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Seattle has the matchup advantage and is at home. They will probably win. But I think it will be a very competitive game, and I expect the 49ers will hold leads during the game.

I hope Boldin gets locked down by Browner and does jack diddly poo as Jim Mora Sr. would say. Not only because it would be huge for a Seattle win, but it might coax his fantasy owner from my league into trading him off his bench. Having watched that Packers game, I think Boldin is very much back to his old form. He looked like a 1400 yard, 13 TD WR to me.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:19 am
  • kearly wrote:I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Guy doesn't like to lose. I'd be surprised if he didn't have something planned. Am I crazy for not worrying that much about the 49er passing game this week? My only concern is whether or not our line play will be good enough to get the job done.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:So, basically this is a no-lose proposition.

If you win, you get to rub it in our faces under the guise of: "I never thought."

And if you lose, you can avoid eating crow.

That is it exactly. This is the classic no lose set up. If they lose, oh well, they were supposed to. But if they win, that's it. Season's over. 2-0 vs the Hawks. Division's clinched. ;)

Go Hawks.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 pm
  • You guys are funny.

"Niners are going to win" = Homer
    "Seahawks are going to win" = Trap

LOL.

Not much wiggle room there.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm
  • kearly wrote:I think Kaepernick handled last year's game about as poorly as he could. He's come a long way since then, so my gut feeling is that SF is good for 2, maybe 3 TDs. I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Agree with this. Like him or not, Kaepernick improved a lot this offseason. He won't be as rattled this time, and has a better rapport with Davis.

And yes Douchebaugh is going to try to run a trick play or fake punt to take the crowd out of the game early. Too bad it won't work.

:49ersmall:
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:41 pm
  • kearly wrote: I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

I really sincerely strongly doubt that. In now way whatsoever do I think Harbaugh or the 9ers were holding things back and looking past the Packers. I can say for certain the fanbase wasn't. The Packers last year, like the Seahawks, finished 11-5 and lost in the diviosonal round. Why in the world would you not do everything you possibly could to beat them?

As far Harb's "secret weapons" and 9ers fans trying to "trap" Hawks fans by saying the Hawks have a great chance of winning this weekend and are rightly the favorites -- and I say this in good spirit and lovingly -- your guys' (deserved) very high expectations and dueling Seattle-Sports-Victim-Complexes are SUPER entertaining. Like, seriously, it's really entertaining, and I'm seriously not poking fun or trying to be a jerk about it. It's as endearing as it is bizarre.

As for the actual game, and again this is not a trap, I'd be surprised if the 9ers win. I'm hoping the 9ers go 3-2 through these first 5 games, and I wouldn't even be too upset if they go 2-3. I've always had this game penciled in as a loss for the 9ers. I think the only thing that would really concern me is if the 9ers get blown out. If they just lose though, I'm fine with that, and I'm expecting them to win at home later this year.

The one thing I will say though is that if the Hawks do end up losing this game, I think the team, and in particular the fanbase, has waaaayyyy tooooo muuuuccchhhhh invested right now in what is ultimately just a regular season game. Any given Sunday, right? I think in your excitement you guys might emotionally have too much riding on this one, particularly given that a team that's rightly supposed to win (such as the Hawks this weekend) can routinely end up losing over something as meaningless as a few bounces randomly not going their way.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    kearly wrote: I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

I really sincerely strongly doubt that. In now way whatsoever do I think Harbaugh or the 9ers were holding things back and looking past the Packers. I can say for certain the fanbase wasn't. The Packers last year, like the Seahawks, finished 11-5 and lost in the diviosonal round. Why in the world would you not do everything you possibly could to beat them?

As far Harb's "secret weapons" and 9ers fans trying to "trap" Hawks fans by saying the Hawks have a great chance of winning this weekend and are rightly the favorites -- and I say this in good spirit and lovingly -- your guys' (deserved) very high expectations and dueling Seattle-Sports-Victim-Complexes are SUPER entertaining. Like, seriously, it's really entertaining, and I'm seriously not poking fun or trying to be a jerk about it. It's as endearing as it is bizarre.

As for the actual game, and again this is not a trap, I'd be surprised if the 9ers win. I'm hoping the 9ers go 3-2 through these first 5 games, and I wouldn't even be too upset if they go 2-3. I've always had this game penciled in as a loss for the 9ers. I think the only thing that would really concern me is if the 9ers get blown out. If they just lose though, I'm fine with that, and I'm expecting them to win at home later this year.

The one thing I will say though is that if the Hawks do end up losing this game, I think the team, and in particular the fanbase, has waaaayyyy tooooo muuuuccchhhhh invested right now in what is ultimately just a regular season game. Any given Sunday, right? I think in your excitement you guys might emotionally have too much riding on this one, particularly given that a team that's rightly supposed to win (such as the Hawks this weekend) can routinely end up losing over something as meaningless as a few bounces randomly not going their way.

Actually I'm pretty damn sure there will be a surprise. Roman does it almost EVERY week.

From rolling our the Pistol in the playoffs (ran it earlier as well but nowhere near as often as in the playoffs), throwing passes to Isaac Sopoaga or Joe Staley, running a bootleg with Alex Smith...something. They always have something different planned every week.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Nobody knows how this game will play out.

That is why it is the game of the week.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 pm
  • This is my 1st post since the OP.. My belief that the Hawks are going to win and the expression of that belief isn't a "trap." It's just the truth. Sure, if the 49ers win I am going to come on this board and claim that the 49ers are better than I and the rest of the Hawks fans thought. This is by far the 49ers hardest game on the schedule. It's only reasonable to expect a loss. If the 49ers miraculously pull off a victory, I think you are looking at a 13-3 finish for the 49ers. Maybe even better.

But the whole point of this thread is to make 3 points:
    (1) 49ers fans on this board get a ton of hate. Some of it is justified: like when we derail threads. Nevertheless, we also get accused of not knowing anything about football and being blind homers. Which is pretty ridiculous. The 49ers fans on this board are fairly objective when it comes the Seahawks. We know you are great team. We know RW is your franchise QB and he could be a top5 QB in the near future. We know your secondary is absurd and Bobby Wagner is a football player. Us 49ers fans rarely hate or question the talent of the Seahawks. We don't spread misinformation about your team or point out ever tiny flaw or mistake in the Seahawks organization. Seeing the trend here? Yes I'm accusing Seahawks fans of doing this things. Conversely, the 49ers fans are objective enough to know this upcoming game is 90% likely a loss, which leads me to my next point..

(2) a lot of posters on this board do not respect the 49ers. I know that statement makes me sound like a Whiner. I know I shouldn't expect respect on a rival board. I know respect on the Internet is truly pointless and obsolete when it comes to the real world. But the 49ers have proven over the years that they are the class of the NFL. I realize that the Seahawks might assume that role after this season plays out, but for a lot of posters on this board to downplay and even ignore the 49ers impressive success and talented roster (in every unit. yes, even our secondary is good) is just lame.
    The 49ers are good. Kap is just as good as RW. Jim Harbaugh is arguably the best football mind in the world. I get it, you don't like their personas. You don't want them to be winners because they are the biggest roadblock to your SB dreams, but you just have to accept it. It's a fact. Not an opinion (But Kap is only a one-read QB!!!1!1!!!1!one!!!--- sorry, get over it) Nonetheless, this bring me to my third point.

(3) The Hawks match up well with the 49ers. Your team is designed to beat the 49ers. Your toughness and intensity matches the 49ers. You guys not only will win this game but you will probably win in Candlestick. The Seahawks advantages over the 49ers is not solely attributed to the venue of the game. So, yeah, congrats. When the 49ers and Seahawks are on a neutral field you guys will win. Does that mean you're the better team? I guess so. But, and this is what is unfortunate for the Hawks, it's a 17 week season and to assure a SB birth the Hawks will probably have to secure home field throughout in order to make it. There's to big of a risk for the Hawks if they have to go to say Green Bay or to Atlanta/New Orleans. And, again unfortunately for the Hawks, I'm not convinced you guys will win this division. Even if (more like when) you win this weekend. The Hawks got screwed by the schedule.

So, when Marvin49er says this game isn't as important for the
    49ers as it is for the Seahawks, he's absolutely right.
    Last edited by SoHo9erFan on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 pm
  • I think the Seahawks will be a much stronger team in the second half of the season than it is going into this weekend.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Man....I hope your right. I do not want to lose to the Niners.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:13 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Actually I'm pretty damn sure there will be a surprise. Roman does it almost EVERY week.

From rolling our the Pistol in the playoffs (ran it earlier as well but nowhere near as often as in the playoffs), throwing passes to Isaac Sopoaga or Joe Staley, running a bootleg with Alex Smith...something. They always have something different planned every week.

Yes, to the frequent consternation of 9ers fans. :D

I was objecting to the implication that Roman designed something in the off-season and held it back just for this super special Seahawks game, which I totally don't buy for a second.

Truth be told, while I think this is obviously a very big and exciting game, I think it's also quite clearly much more special for Hawks fans than for 9ers fans, and takes on an outsized degree of importance for them that it doesn't for us. We see that in a myriad of ways, even in this thread (the suspicion that 9ers fans thinking the Hawks and 9ers will split games this year is a "trap" (LOL) or that the 9ers were holding things back against an 11-5 divisional round team in order to have a better chance at later playing another 11-5 divisional round team).
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:20 pm
  • SoHo9erFan wrote: Us 49ers fans rarely hate or question the talent of the Seahawks. We don't spread misinformation about your team or point out ever tiny flaw or mistake in the Seahawks organization. Seeing the trend here? Yes I'm accusing Seahawks fans of doing this things.

Not really a fare comparison, IMO, because this is ultimately a Hawks board, and the 9ers fans that come here are very different from the bulk of the 9ers fans on the Webzone.

Go to the Webzone and you'll see 9ers fans doing all the exact same crud on their own forum that you're accusing Hawks fans of doing more frequently.

And really, that type of low hanging fruit exists for every team. I also think it dominates the Webzone in a way it doesn't dominate hawks.net.

Heck, I started posting here not only because I love the rivalry, but also because the Webzone (obviously not everyone) is spammed so heavily with idiocy that it makes it hard to wade through, even for a 9ers fan.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:36 pm
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:This is my 1st post since the OP.. My belief that the Hawks are going to win and the expression of that belief isn't a "trap." It's just the truth. Sure, if the 49ers win I am going to come on this board and claim that the 49ers are better than I and the rest of the Hawks fans thought. This is by far the 49ers hardest game on the schedule. It's only reasonable to expect a loss. If the 49ers miraculously pull off a victory, I think you are looking at a 13-3 finish for the 49ers. Maybe even better.

It's not a trap, per se. And one can do so while still honestly talking about the game. But it is a nice convenient stance to take. Nothing better than creating win-win scenarios for yourself on a rival's board. ;)

SoHo9erFan wrote:49ers fans on this board get a ton of hate. Some of it is justified: like when we derail threads. Nevertheless, we also get accused of not knowing anything about football and being blind homers. Which is pretty ridiculous. The 49ers fans on this board are fairly objective when it comes the Seahawks. We know you are great team. We know RW is your franchise QB and he could be a top5 QB in the near future. We know your secondary is absurd and Bobby Wagner is a football player. Us 49ers fans rarely hate or question the talent of the Seahawks. We don't spread misinformation about your team or point out ever tiny flaw or mistake in the Seahawks organization. Seeing the trend here? Yes I'm accusing Seahawks fans of doing this things. Conversely, the 49ers fans are objective enough to know this upcoming game is 90% likely a loss

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone here for a second. Stop talking about 49ers fans as if you yourself and Marvin are indicative of the fan base in any way whatsoever. You do realize that the reason there are a couple respectful, knowledgeable Niner fans on this site is because you guys are the only ones who haven't been banned, correct? So before you get all sanctimonious on us, keep in mind that there have been MANY to come before you, and many who you never notice as they're immediately banned.

And you are not in any way allowed to go off about Seattle fans disrespecting your team or not taking them serious when your fans do the exact same thing, if not much worse.

http://www.49erswebzone.com

And before you say that site isn't good or full of idiots, I don't care what you think of it. That is your most popular site on the internet. It is the equivalent of Seahawks.Net. The fact that smart Niners fans know better than to go there doesn't mean those aren't your fans. They represent your fan base 1,000 times more than a couple smart, rational dudes on our site.

I highly doubt you want us Seattle fans on this site holding all of the dumb things said on webzone held against you. So do us a favor and quit with the hypocritical sanctimony. Most on this site respect the few decent Niners posters we have, as evidenced by the fact that you're still allowed to post. That should be all the respect you need. And you'd be well off not lumping all Seattle fans in as one when on their site. There are plenty of Hawks fans on here who think your team is quite good, and who throw a lot of praise their way. Not all, but more than enough. We just don't like them. You're gonna have to learn to deal with it.

SoHo9erFan wrote:a lot of posters on this board do not respect the 49ers. I know that statement makes me sound like a Whiner. I know I shouldn't expect respect on a rival board.

Yes. Yes, you should.

SoHo9erFan wrote:The Hawks match up well with the 49ers. Your team is designed to beat the 49ers. Your toughness and intensity matches the 49ers. You guys not only will win this game but you will probably win in Candlestick. The Seahawks advantages over the 49ers is not solely attributed to the venue of the game. So, yeah, congrats. When the 49ers and Seahawks are on a neutral field you guys will win. Does that mean you're the better team? I guess so. But, and this is what is unfortunate for the Hawks, it's a 17 week season and to assure a SB birth the Hawks will probably have to secure home field throughout in order to make it. There's to big of a risk for the Hawks if they have to go to say Green Bay or to Atlanta/New Orleans. And, again unfortunately for the Hawks, I'm not convinced you guys will win this division. Even if (more like when) you win this weekend. The Hawks got screwed by the schedule.

Agree just about 100%. And if I was to be entirely honest, going into the season and before we see how the teams look after more than one game, I agree that the Niners should actually be the favorites. I think both teams are VERY evenly matched in terms of talent and coaching. If they play 10 games, I'm almost certain it ends up 5-5, 6-4 at the very most. So when trying to break down the season before we see much more, one of the only things you can look at is the schedule. And SF got a huge break in that regard. They get the good teams at home, we get them on the road. Hawks have to travel back East more. And the Niners get the home game against us late in the season when it will most certainly count a lot more than this week's game. The schedule is most definitely something that falls in SF's favor.

Still though, doesn't change much in terms of how each respective fan base feels about their team. Niners fans like their chances. Hawks fans like ours. We both got two great teams. It's going to be a great fight all season long. Can't wait for Sunday.

Go Hawks.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:
    kearly wrote:I think Kaepernick handled last year's game about as poorly as he could. He's come a long way since then, so my gut feeling is that SF is good for 2, maybe 3 TDs. I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Agree with this. Like him or not, Kaepernick improved a lot this offseason. He won't be as rattled this time, and has a better rapport with Davis.

And yes Douchebaugh is going to try to run a trick play or fake punt to take the crowd out of the game early. Too bad it won't work.

:49ersmall:

Regarding Harbaugh and his personality, I agree he will rub opposing fans the wrong way - he's brash and confident in himself and his players. He'll defend them, as he should, as any coach would, and I totally understand the hateraid sent his way from this fan base - and it's totally understandable here. Not a biggie for me.

What I think is a more interesting discussion point is how Dan Quinn, Travis Jones, and Tom Cable do against the 49er coaching staff. I have doubts about Dan, Travis and Cable. I really do. Dan wasn't the best D-line coach we've had, and Travis comes from the Saints bounty gate situation, and Cable wasn't that great a head coach with the Raiders. Pete is a good DC, but 4 games over .500 doesn't point to beiing an eilte coach - this late in his career.

I think Bevell is an outstanding offensive coach, and I think Schnider and McCloughan are outstanding front office guys. McCloughan had a hand in building much of the 49ers that will be currently playing against you on sunday. Anyway, I will be watching - like a Hawk :mrgreen: - your D line and defensive adjustments to see how your coaches are coping with the problem sets the Roman offense gives them. Man it's going to be a good game - win or lose.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:16 pm
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:Yup. You heard it here first (from a 49er fan anyways (actually, plently 49ers fans on this board have revealed their doubts regarding a 49ers win)).

Wilson is legit. Our Defense has trouble stopping competent QBs. Especially when the QB has time to scan the field. Sure, I expect the 49ers to routinely collapse the pocket on Wilson. But Wilson knows how to escape, and he is the best in the league when throwing on the run. Doesn't bode well for our D.

In terms of offense, you guys are too good at the CLINK. Kap will struggle to get the play in and, most importantly, he will struggle to orchestrate the complex motions our offense runs. Our WRs will be buried by your secondary. I can't see Boldin doing well against Sherman. And Kyle Williams' only threat is downfield, but ET is more than capable of breaking up the big pass play. You guys will double and even triple team Davis.

I think the only way the 49ers have a chance is if Kap targets players like TE Vance McDonald, FB Bruce Miller, or 3rd WR Patton (he only had a handful of snaps against GB).

Honestly, I don't see a victory here. Probably something like 31-17 Seattle. Hopefully it will be a clean, injure free game though

Much respect. I think it will be closer than that though. What baffles me is the way everyone today portrays a win or a loss as some kind of uber statement to a teams ability to win next week. The SF-GB game score was only 6 point difference, and while I didn't see the game, that isn't a whole lot there.

The highlights I have seen it looks like Kape has progressed in his throwing but like someone said, they are still darts, no arc to them which might be problematic.

Should be a good game, and I expect us to win this one.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:38 pm
  • All this rational football civility sucks.
    Niners by 3 TDs as the run game goes wild.
    Weadoption
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 pm
  • I just think this is a bad matchup for the 49ers. I also have full confidence in our coaches. Dan Quinn's defense just gave up seven points on the road. That's it.

I don't even know if the Niners are good for two or three touchdowns this week. If they can get the run game going, maybe they can get to 21, but their WRs against our secondary is a bad, bad mismatch for them. If Kam has even a decent day keeping Vernon Davis from running wild, they might have a hard enough time getting to 14.

I'm not necessarily super-confident in this game because I am really unsure about our offense, but we seemed pretty vanilla. We didn't run any read-option or anything that looked really different last weekend. I'm assuming we have something ready to unleash on the 49ers at home this week.

One thing I liked is that Gore looked old. Sure, the Pack was also selling out a bit to stop the run, but the Niners averaged less than three YPC last weekend. If Seattle just stops the run, I like our corners to shut down their passing game.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:43 pm
  • I agree with the OP...
    Hawks ARE going to win this game at home.
    And the one at the Stick...
    And the playoffs go through the Clink!
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:45 pm
  • Can we get the webzone stricken from any further references? It is so blatantly, and obviously full of immature posters. It's akin to using youtube comments to sum up a group of people... Total bad representation.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 pm
  • I wasn't feeling comfortable about this game before. Now three 9er fans are predicting a Hawks win, I feel positively nervous.

Ugh.

When's the Jags game?

I think this is a plan by harbaugh looking for clues on how to win. sshhhhh.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Cartire wrote:This screams karma rekindling.

As if its a superstitious ploy.

Im not buying this as a fair rivalry if the fans are acting like this. Its like chemical warfare.

lol.

It's being realistic. That home field advantage is good for at least one touchdown in point differential every game. The NFL has never seen anything like it, except maybe Lambeau Field in winter during the late 90s. The fans are a huge part of it, but the stadium itself is so perfect for acoustics, and now there is such a specter about it that it even has an additional mental effect that only compounds things more.

Realistic and 49er fan does not compute....it's a trap.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 pm
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:I think the only way the 49ers have a chance is if Kap targets players like TE Vance McDonald, FB Bruce Miller, or 3rd WR Patton (he only had a handful of snaps against GB).

This is how the 49ers will be relevant in this game... 49er fans missing anyone in particular this year? Who has been a Seahawk succubus in years past?? You got it, DELANIE WALKER.... he was an unsung hero in many games against us. He would have big plays that force us to respect his ability which opened opportunities for other players. I think he is the key to the game - and finding this year's Delanie Walker will be the key to victory for the 49ers.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 am
  • 60niners wrote:Can we get the webzone stricken from any further references? It is so blatantly, and obviously full of immature posters. It's akin to using youtube comments to sum up a group of people... Total bad representation.

I resemble that remark.

Come on now...lets lighten up on the 'zone. There are loons on every forum.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:10 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    60niners wrote:Can we get the webzone stricken from any further references? It is so blatantly, and obviously full of immature posters. It's akin to using youtube comments to sum up a group of people... Total bad representation.

I resemble that remark.

Come on now...lets lighten up on the 'zone. There are loons on every forum.

You look like that remark? Ugly...
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    60niners wrote:I won't be all broken up if the Niners don't come away with a win. These teams are fairly even and the home team should win 9/10 times.

This is how I feel about the game later in the year at SF. I will gladly take 1-1 against Frisco and focus on maybe sweeping the rest of the NFCW

Same here

Do I expect the Niners to win on SNF this week? Nope!

Do I think that the Niners have a chance to win this week? Yep!

I respect your 12th man advantage way too much to allow myself to get mad about a 1-1 start to the season after what I believe to be the toughest part of our schedule, knowing that we won't have to play in C-link this season again thanks to our easier schedule compared to yours.

However if we do win this Sunday night, I think there will be little doubt across the league, and even amongst those on here, that the NFCW and home filed advantage is ours for the taking.

You think you will only play in CLink once this season? You dare to declare this openly? You have just put the hex on yourself.
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:56 am
  • I'm actually a lot more worried about this game than I was a week ago.

If Carolina ran on us, SF is going to maul us.

I think it's going to be close either way.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:05 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:I'm actually a lot more worried about this game than I was a week ago.

That is probably the 49ers only chance. If the 49ers don't run to control the clock, Wilson at C-link is equivalent to Peyton Manning X Aaron Rodgers X Drew Breese. The 49ers will be playing catch up all day and while Kaep has all that firepower, and while the 49ers do have that run game, that 12th man will cause a lot of ruckus in time outs, delay of games, illegal motions, illegal formations. The 49ers will probably have at least the equivalent of two whole drives in penalties.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:06 pm
  • 60niners wrote:Can we get the webzone stricken from any further references? It is so blatantly, and obviously full of immature posters. It's akin to using youtube comments to sum up a group of people... Total bad representation.

the Webzone is older than the *official* 49er boards, lets have the elderly have some respect! :mrgreen: Sorry about the elderly reference Marvin. :thirishdrinkers:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:09 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:I'm actually a lot more worried about this game than I was a week ago.

What does carolina have to do with SF? You seem to be making the assumption that our players are bad run defenders in general. We will game plan differently for different teams.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:14 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I just think this is a bad matchup for the 49ers. I also have full confidence in our coaches. Dan Quinn's defense just gave up seven points on the road. That's it.

I don't even know if the Niners are good for two or three touchdowns this week. If they can get the run game going, maybe they can get to 21, but their WRs against our secondary is a bad, bad mismatch for them. If Kam has even a decent day keeping Vernon Davis from running wild, they might have a hard enough time getting to 14.

I'm not necessarily super-confident in this game because I am really unsure about our offense, but we seemed pretty vanilla. We didn't run any read-option or anything that looked really different last weekend. I'm assuming we have something ready to unleash on the 49ers at home this week.

One thing I liked is that Gore looked old. Sure, the Pack was also selling out a bit to stop the run, but the Niners averaged less than three YPC last weekend. If Seattle just stops the run, I like our corners to shut down their passing game.

Seattle defense was sub par against the Carolina Run game. That's a weakness that has to be fixed by game time this sunday for Seattle to have a for sure victory. Absent a solid run defense against the 49ers - it does become more of a toss up. I forsee Wilson performing like Aaron Rodgers at C-link. So the 49er defense will be in the same situation as the Green Bay game. In other words, the 49er defense will do it's best to slow down Wilson, but they won't bank on being able to stop him. Which means the 49er offense has to step up and control the clock via run and score via the pass. Not an easy thing to do at C-link. The 12th man will be in force, and that will be a major obstacle to overcome.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:07 pm
  • key to the win..STOP Boldin!!
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:29 pm

NOPE.

Sorry if your team's most popular site is full of obnoxious idiots. Not our fault it's representative of the largest % of your fan base.

No, no. Webzone will never be stricken from the record as far as Hawks fans are concerned. As a 49er fan (even one of the few decent ones), that place is your cross to bear. ;)

Go Hawks.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:32 pm
  • Giedi wrote:Seattle defense was sub par against the Carolina Run game. That's a weakness that has to be fixed by game time this sunday for Seattle to have a for sure victory. Absent a solid run defense against the 49ers - it does become more of a toss up. I forsee Wilson performing like Aaron Rodgers at C-link. So the 49er defense will be in the same situation as the Green Bay game. In other words, the 49er defense will do it's best to slow down Wilson, but they won't bank on being able to stop him. Which means the 49er offense has to step up and control the clock via run and score via the pass. Not an easy thing to do at C-link. The 12th man will be in force, and that will be a major obstacle to overcome.

Good observation. As a Hawk fan, I can admit that for as good as our defense has been, run d has been a bit of an issue the past year or so. Last year we gave up something like 4.5 a carry. In the Carolina game I think it was closer to 5. That's not good if you want to be known as the best defense in the NFL. Our interior d line has been a point of concern. If the Hawks d wants to be known as the best in the biz, run d has got to improve. Not just against SF, but everyone.

Go Hawks.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:22 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    Giedi wrote:Seattle defense was sub par against the Carolina Run game. That's a weakness that has to be fixed by game time this sunday for Seattle to have a for sure victory. Absent a solid run defense against the 49ers - it does become more of a toss up. I forsee Wilson performing like Aaron Rodgers at C-link. So the 49er defense will be in the same situation as the Green Bay game. In other words, the 49er defense will do it's best to slow down Wilson, but they won't bank on being able to stop him. Which means the 49er offense has to step up and control the clock via run and score via the pass. Not an easy thing to do at C-link. The 12th man will be in force, and that will be a major obstacle to overcome.

Good observation. As a Hawk fan, I can admit that for as good as our defense has been, run d has been a bit of an issue the past year or so. Last year we gave up something like 4.5 a carry. In the Carolina game I think it was closer to 5. That's not good if you want to be known as the best defense in the NFL. Our interior d line has been a point of concern. If the Hawks d wants to be known as the best in the biz, run d has got to improve. Not just against SF, but everyone.

Go Hawks.

Wow, that's an astounding number. 5.0 Yards per Carry? Wow.

Now, I dont' think it's your players. I've been looking at your players that you've acquired through free agency and the draft, and they look formidable. I really do think it's the defensive coaching. Again, I harp on Dan quinn and Tavares Jones -- I really do think they are the problem in the run game - vs the player talent. If used in a good scheme, you have the speed and the power to stop good rushing attacks. I'll know more once I see how your team and players play the 49er run game this sunday.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:00 pm
  • grizbob wrote:Smells like a trap :?

Yep... a dead muskrat trap.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "Friction caused this blossom of love to happen"
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    “That 54, Bobby, man, he "effing" fast as "eff", man"
    Frank Gore
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Stop it with this reverse psychological voodoo you guys got going on...its freaking me out

There is no reverse psychology thing going on...this is the ole afraid to lose so i'm going to pretend i don't care trick. Kind of like a guy afraid to walk up to a hot chick. Do it dude I tell him...Nah, I don't even want to talk to her. Basically if you don't care / dont try, you don't "really lose." Or at least that's what the loser believes.
    plyka
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:39 pm
  • grizbob wrote:Smells like a trap :?

Yep... a dead muskrat trap.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "Friction caused this blossom of love to happen"
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    “That 54, Bobby, man, he "effing" fast as "eff", man"
    Frank Gore
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Giedi wrote:Seattle defense was sub par against the Carolina Run game. That's a weakness that has to be fixed by game time this sunday for Seattle to have a for sure victory. Absent a solid run defense against the 49ers - it does become more of a toss up. I forsee Wilson performing like Aaron Rodgers at C-link. So the 49er defense will be in the same situation as the Green Bay game. In other words, the 49er defense will do it's best to slow down Wilson, but they won't bank on being able to stop him. Which means the 49er offense has to step up and control the clock via run and score via the pass. Not an easy thing to do at C-link. The 12th man will be in force, and that will be a major obstacle to overcome.

Go Hawks.

Wow, that's an astounding number. 5.0 Yards per Carry? Wow.

Now, I dont' think it's your players. I've been looking at your players that you've acquired through free agency and the draft, and they look formidable. I really do think it's the defensive coaching. Again, I harp on Dan quinn and Tavares Jones -- I really do think they are the problem in the run game - vs the player talent. If used in a good scheme, you have the speed and the power to stop good rushing attacks. I'll know more once I see how your team and players play the 49er run game this sunday.

While it would be just fine and dandy to shut down an opponents run and pass game, our DC focused on stopping Carolina's strengths. Cam and Steve Smith were neutralized. We gave up 7 points on the road.
    Quinn earned his check that week because our O only need 8 points to win.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information