With the SF game on the horizon, and Harbaugh still talking

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Is there anything dumber than punching a guy in the helmet? I know Harbs can't help himself, but Matthews would be rightly ridiculed for getting ejected if that happened.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
The comments at the bottom are the best part.

"Scott Norwood jumped in to defend Kelly, but his punch missed to the right."

SharkHawk

Reaction score
My one issue with Harbaugh is that he is an Uber-Tough Guy now. I didn't hear him talking that much trash when he was a player. He played hard and was a really good competitor, but he wasn't a trash talking dimwit in the media. By all accounts he is a good leader and has always been one, way back to his childhood days.

The reason I don't like his trash is that it to me is like American League pitchers who talk trash and throw at batters, because they know they won't get retaliated at directly. They are putting their teammates at risk of a bean ball though.

Harbaugh's stuff gets under people's skin, and maybe it works, but one of these days it is going to backfire with an opponent or even one of his own players will pull a Latrell/PJ Carlesimo on him (you all remember the story....). I guess if it works, keep doing it, but he really just comes off as a jerk that is setting himself up for anything negative that happens to him. For him to call out opponents is funny I guess, but it can really backfire. I know that certain players are not interested in playing for that kind of guy (sure, he's still doing fine without them) and certain players of his could get hurt because of his big mouth. But so far so good apparently. More power to him I guess. I just don't see him backing it up and getting all Woody Hayes on anybody, but maybe he will, or his head will explode. One of the two.

tomahawk

Reaction score
He is such a strange guy. Most coaches wouldn't get caught up in the back and forth between teams but he can't seem to help himself. He has made SF that much easier to dislike.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I seriously wonder how he has avoided a stroke. Good God, man--get to anger management class before it's too late.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Any whiner fans gonna jump in here and defend this clown?

I didnt think so.

Harbaugh seems to have the maturity of an 11 year old boy.

And thats pushing it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
psychopath
(Psychiatry) a person afflicted with a personality disorder characterized by a tendency to commit antisocial and sometimes violent acts and a failure to feel guilt for such acts Also called sociopath

lukerguy

Reaction score
I mean this with all sincerity.... I actually worry for his wife. He is a lunatic.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Dude is competitive to an insane degree that it's actually hazardous to his health. Nearly gave himself a heart attack last year. Was told by docs to chill out. It's part of what makes him such a great coach, as well as what makes him so obnoxious.

60niners

Reaction score
tomahawk":1xf1lpxc said:
He is such a strange guy. Most coaches wouldn't get caught up in the back and forth between teams but he can't seem to help himself. He has made SF that much easier to dislike.
I have a stance on this (duh). My belief on this is that Harbaugh would like to stay away from the topic all together, but as Monday press conferences go, they discuss the previous game. With such a controversal series of events, it was unavoidable.

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
Our last coach dropped trou during halftime of a game, so Harbs is a step in the sane direction.

Love the guy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I spent my youth as a Packer fan in Milwaukee and watched Harbaugh's entire career, college and pro. From a personality standpoint, he was the Danny Ainge of the NFL. Griity competitor but an ass kisser and a cry baby.

Harbaugh was an above avg talent, at best. No better than, uh... Alex Smith. He seldom took responsibility for the many losses the Bears suffered with him at point and was one of the least liked players in the league. Full blown narcissist, not right in the head and I won't be shocked when he ultimately dresses up as Batman and goes on a shooting spree through the tenderloin, before jumping off the GG bridge.

To be fair, also like Ainge, he's a better coach than I ever imagined such an asshat could possibly be.

kearly

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh broke his hand while punching Jim Kelly.

Some time in the next 20 years there will be a Hollywood movie about his life. And it will probably be pretty good.

uncle fester

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to credit him with any intelligence, I have a feeling most of his whingeing is for show. If the media spotlight is aiming at him, there's less pressure on the team.

drdiags

Reaction score
Like moths to a flame. I know folks despise the guy, but it is his team and he can protect or champion their cause anyway he sees fit. But since he is a rival, what a Douche! Will be so glad when this fixation with all things 9ers goes away.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
60niners":6h9818rl said:
tomahawk":6h9818rl said:
I have a stance on this (duh). My belief on this is that Harbaugh would like to stay away from the topic all together, but as Monday press conferences go, they discuss the previous game. With such a controversal series of events, it was unavoidable.

I don't think he wants to stay away from the topic, he encourages it by talking about it. Just like he does before the weeks game by calling out the opposing team's defensive backs and the tight coverage. Fights happen in the NFL all the time. How many coaches go into a press and make a point to :stirthepot: ?

It is his personality, not the press. The press can ask all they want and a coach can avoid the topic by stating anything else. Meet Belicheck.