PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 am
  • OFF:

Coleman 2.4
    Russell Wilson 2.2
    Baldwin 2.0
    Giacomini 1.8

Tate 0.8
    Rice 0.7
    Kearse 0.0
    Ware 0.0
    Turbin -0.2
    Person -0.9
    Okung -1.2
    Unger -1.3
    Miller -1.4
    Stephen Williams -1.6
    Sweezy -2.0
    Luke Willson -2.0
    McQuistan -2.2
    Carpenter -2.3
    Lynch -3.1

So yeah, Carp didn't play too well. McQ, however, was basically just as bad. Rough day for the O-line overall (except Breno).

DEF:

Bryant 2.0
    Maxwell 1.9
    Sherman 1.8

D'Anthony Smith 0.7
    Chancellor 0.6
    Malcom Smith 0.5
    Maragos 0.0
    Mayowa 0.0
    McDaniel 0.0
    Mebane -0.1
    Thomas -0.3
    Schofield -0.5
    Bennett -0.6
    Morgan -1.0
    Wagner -1.6
    Thurmond -2.0
    Wright -2.9
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:09 am
  • Thanks for posting that. Do you have Carolina's as well?
    Perfundle
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am
  • KJ's number doesn't surprise me. I remember hearing a bunch of times the announcers point out him being out of place or slow in recognition of a play. We were pretty lucky Greg Olson caught a case of the Koren Robinson's.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 am
  • Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 am
  • After watching second time, i thought Breno was pretty bad too. His missed block caused the sack fumble. Im not a huge linemen analyst or anything though.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 am
  • So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 am
  • lukerguy wrote:So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

He was only in for seven running plays.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 am
  • I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 am
  • I like what Coleman brings to the passing game for sure. He is a sure handed receiver and has some speed.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:51 am
  • Sorry, can't give any kind of respect to a grading scale where Giacomini has a positive rating for that game. He got beat like a drum all friggen game long. Can't remember how many times my buddies and I were saying "Breno again, getting pushed around."

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am
  • Coleman had a few clutch first down catches. While I really liked MRob, I must admit that I really like what we have in Coleman.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am
  • Nice to see D'Anthony Smith on there near the top of the Defense. We need the new guy to step up and it looks like he did, even though he barely has any time practicing with the team.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:54 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.

According to Wagner he played the same position (WILL) in the nickle package last year. So there shouldn't be that much in terms of "Growing pains."
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 am
  • lukerguy wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.

Just saying the sample size is too small to make judgments about his ability to run block relative to Mike Rob. While he may have blocked well individually on a few plays, run game as a whole was still paltry.
    Last edited by DavidSeven on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.

A lot of it was indeed for his fullback abilities, apparently. From their Three Performances of Note:

Derrick Coleman (+2.4) consistently dominated in the hole on lead blocks and also threw in three receptions netting 30 yards for good measure. However, it was his work in his prime role that stood out. He was only in for seven running plays but on three of those he clearly won the battle in the hole.
    Perfundle
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 am
  • Perfundle wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.

A lot of it was indeed for his fullback abilities, apparently. From their Three Performances of Note:

Derrick Coleman (+2.4) consistently dominated in the hole on lead blocks and also threw in three receptions netting 30 yards for good measure. However, it was his work in his prime role that stood out. He was only in for seven running plays but on three of those he clearly won the battle in the hole.

Nice. PFF's analysts tend to have pretty good evaluation of players, I think, so that's really good to hear.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am
  • Funny how impressions can differ so much from what you see when you take the DVR and analyze each play. My impression, bolstered by Newton's 125 yards passing, was that Thurmond did a fair job. However, now that I see his rating I recall how early game I was getting upset that Smith was getting all those catches off Thurmond. So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings. Same for Bryant. I consider he and Mebane responsible for stopping the run and my impression was that neither was doing a very good job of that. Yet Bryant ends up with a great rating and Mebane comes out middle of the road.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:He was only in for seven running plays.

Just saying the sample size is too small to make judgments about his ability to run block relative to Mike Rob. While he may have blocked well individually on a few plays, run game as a whole was still paltry.

I agree, but I wasn't saying Coleman is the answer. I'm just saying, people were blaming our running game on him yesterday, which clearly wasn't fair to him.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 am
  • I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am
  • bellingerga wrote:I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.

That's just it, once or twice turns into "all game". He gave up the sack/fumble and so that sticks in everybody's mind but really he played well most of the game, best I could tell.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 am
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.

According to Wagner he played the same position (WILL) in the nickle package last year. So there shouldn't be that much in terms of "Growing pains."

Playing every down in the base defense as a WILL and in the nickel is just different. The biggest issue for KJ right now is he has to think through it, whereas he was more instinctive as a SAM. Hence, growing pains.

It's not a negative or a knock, it's the reality. Just like there will be growing pains when Bruce Irvin gets back and plays SAM. Guys are learning new positions and new roles and it takes some time to flourish.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings.

Wright/Wags mostly graded poorly in run defense. They were closer to middle-of-the-road in pass coverage. I think this is somewhat to be expected vs. a read-option QB. There's a lot more hesitation/decision-making involved in defending running plays with a mobile QB. Thurmond was the only player on defense to get a really bad score in pass coverage. I initially thought he did okay, but Steve Smith was certainly having his way with someone early on in the game.
    Last edited by DavidSeven on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am
  • bellingerga wrote:I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I actually like Breno and I was very critical of his performance yesterday. It seemed like his side of the line was getting pushed back into the pocket consistently. He's a mauler in run blocking (usually) but his pass blocking was very poor yesterday.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:18 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings.

Wright/Wags mostly graded poorly in run defense. They were closer to middle-of-the-road in pass coverage. I think this is somewhat to be expected vs. a read-option QB. There's a lot more hesitation/decision-making involved in defending running plays with a mobile QB. Thurmond was the only player on defense to get a really bad score in pass coverage. I initially thought he did okay, but Steve Smith was certainly having his way with someone early on in the game.

Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am
  • lukerguy wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings.

Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.

I don't know if they did a great job, but they certainly did a good job in limiting big plays, which is the philosophical hallmark of a Pete Carroll team. Carolina did an okay job of moving the ball, but they never broke Seattle's D. Cam was limited to fewest passing yards of his career in spite of his completion %. Gotta credit Seattle's secondary at least some for that, though I'm sure Carolina's play-calling didn't help.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.

Yeah, for less than 8 yards a pop.
    In Wilson's worst game as a pro he completed just 9 passes for as many yards as Newton managed yesterday
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.

64% of his passes for 5.4 yards per pass. It's easy to complete passes when they're practically all checkdowns. Besides, completion percentage and YPA are inflated with mobile QBs like Newton and Wilson, because when there's no one open, they will scramble instead of throwing it away. Sometimes they get sacked or get tackled for a loss, but that doesn't show up in their passer stats.
    Perfundle
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:52 am
  • Interesting..... The oline had to preform much better this upcoming weekend if we even have a chance against the niners
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:53 am
  • I noticed bryant, whenever they ran right the hole wasn't even close to as big as it was on the other side. Schoefield wasn't even close to as good holding the edge. I really hope Clem can play sunday, as least Avril
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am
  • do u have a snap count for Mcquistan and sweezy?
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 pm
  • Here is the thing that I hate about their grading and I know these situations are hard to quantify:

Kearse gets a 0.0 for catching the game winning TD on a magnificent grab.
    Lynch gets a -3.1 for the game sealing key run to not give them the ball back.
    Thomas gets a -.3 for making causing the potentially game saving fumble.

Tough for me to accept that those 3 plays alone do not warrant high grades purely for their key contribution to this tough win.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:57 pm
  • How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm

I just rewatched the game for the third time. I still havent watched all-22 (its not released yet).

From what I have seen, once again, .net over-reacts to anything Breno. Breno had a good game yesterday with a few bad plays. Plus, him and Unger seem to have to switch off giving extra support to Sweezy. Ever since the beginning of last year with Breno getting some flags thrown, this board has hated him with a passion and seem to think he is horrible. He is pretty damn good. Amazing in teh run game, and above average in pass support. His hard hitting till the whistle tenacity is what sometimes gets him trouble, but that what helps make this team good.

But this will all be taken with a grain of salt, because like I said, .net doesnt care and wants to hate him for some reason.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm

+1 for Breno. I like him, and didn't think he did as bad as everyone else. PFF backs up my opinion. Though, I am surprised he was in the positives.

Poor poor Beast Mode.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm
  • Turbin had one of the biggest runs of the day on a 3rd down play to set up our only TD, yet he scores negative? What is with all the Turbin hate on this board? I'm not just talking about this one topic. I continue to hear people bringing him down on this board. Its like you all expect us to have a Jerry friggin Rice caliber player at every position. All Turbin did was average 4 1/2 yards per carry as a ROOKIE. We should be damn grateful to have such a talented RB backing up Beast Mode.
    "I'm better at life than you." -Richard Sherman
    "The separation is in the preparation" -Russell Wilson
    OreIdahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm
  • OreIdahawk wrote:Turbin had one of the biggest runs of the day on a 3rd down play to set up our only TD, yet he scores negative? What is with all the Turbin hate on this board? I'm not just talking about this one topic. I continue to hear people bringing him down on this board. Its like you all expect us to have a Jerry friggin Rice caliber player at every position. All Turbin did was average 4 1/2 yards per carry as a ROOKIE. We should be damn grateful to have such a talented RB backing up Beast Mode.

That score is from PFF, not this board.

And I dont hear the hate you hear. People are high on Michael, but no one has ever called Turbin a slouch.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm
  • I get down on Breno because i think he is our worst starting lineman. And, I don't mind the occassional whistle for playing hard (regardless of whether it is on Breno or Sweezy). It seems to me that more often than not, when RW is running for his life, it is Breno's man coming through. That may not have been the case last Sunday, because I honestly saw people coming through everywhere (I also don't believe that Breno was that much better than everyone else).

I also blame RW for some of that pressure. (The pressure on the unreal pass and catch to Doug Baldwin was really caused by RW dropping way, way too deep. No way breno or Okung could stop their guys from sprinting past them when they did not know that RW was 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage.)
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?

Nobody outside of PFF knows the answer.

The Pro Football Focus rating system is built on subjective judgments. Suggestions that it rubs up against science or math are designed to facilitate subscription sells and build site traffic. PFF has, to my knowledge, never completed a meaningful public disclosure of methods or algorithms.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:54 pm
  • Jville wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?

The Pro Football Focus rating system is built on subjective judgments. Suggestions that it rubs up against science or math are designed to facilitate subscription sells and build site traffic. PFF has, to my knowledge, never completed a meaningful public disclosure of methods or algorithms.

IF you read it, its a play by play analysis. And its actually pretty smart and simple. You get a + point for doing something amazing. You get a zero grade for doing your job normally, and you get a - point for missing your assignment. Pretty simple and smart if you ask me. then they just take your number of plays and divide for the average. There is a small amount of subjectiveness, but as its been stated, if the evaluator cant tell if you played your assignment correctly, then you just get a 0 (which does nothing to effect your grade). AND lets say your lynch, and you get stuffed behind the line, but it was obvious that its because a lineman missed his block and a defender crashed down on you, you will just get a 0 and not a - point because it wasnt your fault.

I actually like it very much, because its quite simple but accurate in measuring your average play throughout the game.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Dude going off on him is a victory for Breno--getting into a mofo's head out there, pushing him around.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    Jville wrote:

IF you read it, its a play by play analysis. And its actually pretty smart and simple. You get a + point for doing something amazing. You get a zero grade for doing your job normally, and you get a - point for missing your assignment. Pretty simple and smart if you ask me. then they just take your number of plays and divide for the average. There is a small amount of subjectiveness, but as its been stated, if the evaluator cant tell if you played your assignment correctly, then you just get a 0 (which does nothing to effect your grade). AND lets say your lynch, and you get stuffed behind the line, but it was obvious that its because a lineman missed his block and a defender crashed down on you, you will just get a 0 and not a - point because it wasnt your fault.

I actually like it very much, because its quite simple but accurate in measuring your average play throughout the game.

Good post. The only thing I question is if their grades are based on the All-22 tape or the TV feed. I always assumed it was from the All-22 tape, but these grades seemed to come out before that was made available to the media (or do they have super early access?).
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Good post. The only thing I question is if their grades are based on the All-22 tape or the TV feed. I always assumed it was from the All-22 tape, but these grades seemed to come out before that was made available to the media (or do they have super early access?).

Its suppose to be the All-22 because they grade every player, every play. Which would be impossible without All-22. I'm not sure if/how they get it early.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 pm
  • Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:42 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I've read it. They have a simple point assignment convention used in conjuction with a limited collection of subjective judgements. It certainly doesn't exhaust all grading considerations or weights or styles of play. Its attraction is its simplicity.

They also glance over other considerations ... to avoid confusion and keep their presentation simple.

What I am attempting to convey is that PFF is not the definitive authority.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:49 pm
  • Jville wrote:
    I've read it. They have a simple point assignment convention used in conjuction with a limited collection of subjective judgements. It certainly doesn't exhaust all grading considerations or weights or styles of play. Its attraction is its simplicity.

We get, yada yada. It is simple, but a valid grading system to judge how a player played in a particular game. Not necessarily his skill compared to the rest. And honestly, its fine. Because guess what, the top dogs try and make their own rating systems that factor every aspect of everything, and it still gets scrutinized and ridiculed. And why? Because Football is very hard to quantify with Sabermetrics. The variables are so vast, and the amount of data available for each conceivable situation is so small, that it just cant be perfect. QBR and DVOA I think have great return for their numbers. Yet they are scrutinized constantly.

So lets get off the high-and-mighty horse and appreciate someone even taking the time to systematically record every down, for every player, in a timely manner and assign a grade. I watch the All-22, and rewatch games like a champ. Ive seen sundays game 4 times now, and have watched 5 others games as well. And I can tell you that I have not studied every single player on every single play. So I appreciate when someone takes the time too.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm
  • I think many place far too much weight on PFF numbers as a starting point for inferences.

However, PFF and this site exist for entertainment purposes only.

From time to time we all lose track of that fact. LOL
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?

The Seahawks credited Earl Thomas with the forced fumble. He also lead both teams in tackles during the Carolina game. NFL.com numbers: 8 tackles, 2 assists, 1 force fumble.

Don't know about how PFF arrived at that negative number for Earl. :229031_shrug: Since it comes from an entertainment site, it just might be a tiny bit suspect. LOL
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 pm
  • Jville wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?

The Seahawks credited Earl Thomas with the forced fumble. He also lead both teams in tackles during the Carolina game. NFL.com numbers: 8 tackles, 2 assists, 1 force fumble.

Don't know about how PFF arrived at that negative number for Earl. :229031_shrug: Since it comes from an entertainment site, it just might be a tiny bit suspect. LOL

Chances are, on all those plays, he got high marks. But remember, ET plays every down, so its very reasonable to believe that he may have screwed up on plays where it didnt matter.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?

Chances are, on all those plays, he got high marks. But remember, ET plays every down, so its very reasonable to believe that he may have screwed up on plays where it didnt matter.

I can understand how PFF loyalists and subscribers might cling to such a notion.
    After all, it was on the internet. And anything on the internet must be true. LOL
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information