Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
OFF:

Coleman 2.4
Russell Wilson 2.2
Baldwin 2.0
Giacomini 1.8

Tate 0.8
Rice 0.7
Kearse 0.0
Ware 0.0
Turbin -0.2
Person -0.9
Okung -1.2
Unger -1.3
Miller -1.4
Stephen Williams -1.6
Sweezy -2.0
Luke Willson -2.0
McQuistan -2.2
Carpenter -2.3
Lynch -3.1


So yeah, Carp didn't play too well. McQ, however, was basically just as bad. Rough day for the O-line overall (except Breno).

DEF:

Bryant 2.0
Maxwell 1.9
Sherman 1.8

D'Anthony Smith 0.7
Chancellor 0.6
Malcom Smith 0.5
Maragos 0.0
Mayowa 0.0
McDaniel 0.0
Mebane -0.1
Thomas -0.3
Schofield -0.5
Bennett -0.6
Morgan -1.0
Wagner -1.6
Thurmond -2.0
Wright -2.9


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:09 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 125
Thanks for posting that. Do you have Carolina's as well?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 1551
KJ's number doesn't surprise me. I remember hearing a bunch of times the announcers point out him being out of place or slow in recognition of a play. We were pretty lucky Greg Olson caught a case of the Koren Robinson's.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am
Posts: 243
After watching second time, i thought Breno was pretty bad too. His missed block caused the sack fumble. Im not a huge linemen analyst or anything though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
lukerguy wrote:
So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....


He was only in for seven running plays.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
DavidSeven wrote:
lukerguy wrote:
So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....


He was only in for seven running plays.


Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2998
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
I like what Coleman brings to the passing game for sure. He is a sure handed receiver and has some speed.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:51 am 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Poulsbo, WA
Sorry, can't give any kind of respect to a grading scale where Giacomini has a positive rating for that game. He got beat like a drum all friggen game long. Can't remember how many times my buddies and I were saying "Breno again, getting pushed around."

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
Coleman had a few clutch first down catches. While I really liked MRob, I must admit that I really like what we have in Coleman.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11163
Location: Antioch, CA
Nice to see D'Anthony Smith on there near the top of the Defense. We need the new guy to step up and it looks like he did, even though he barely has any time practicing with the team.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:54 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2272
FlyingGreg wrote:
Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.


According to Wagner he played the same position (WILL) in the nickle package last year. So there shouldn't be that much in terms of "Growing pains."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
lukerguy wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
lukerguy wrote:
So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....


He was only in for seven running plays.


Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.


Just saying the sample size is too small to make judgments about his ability to run block relative to Mike Rob. While he may have blocked well individually on a few plays, run game as a whole was still paltry.


Last edited by DavidSeven on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 125
Smelly McUgly wrote:
I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.

A lot of it was indeed for his fullback abilities, apparently. From their Three Performances of Note:

Quote:
Derrick Coleman (+2.4) consistently dominated in the hole on lead blocks and also threw in three receptions netting 30 yards for good measure. However, it was his work in his prime role that stood out. He was only in for seven running plays but on three of those he clearly won the battle in the hole.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2998
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
Perfundle wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.

A lot of it was indeed for his fullback abilities, apparently. From their Three Performances of Note:

Quote:
Derrick Coleman (+2.4) consistently dominated in the hole on lead blocks and also threw in three receptions netting 30 yards for good measure. However, it was his work in his prime role that stood out. He was only in for seven running plays but on three of those he clearly won the battle in the hole.


Nice. PFF's analysts tend to have pretty good evaluation of players, I think, so that's really good to hear.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4267
Funny how impressions can differ so much from what you see when you take the DVR and analyze each play. My impression, bolstered by Newton's 125 yards passing, was that Thurmond did a fair job. However, now that I see his rating I recall how early game I was getting upset that Smith was getting all those catches off Thurmond. So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings. Same for Bryant. I consider he and Mebane responsible for stopping the run and my impression was that neither was doing a very good job of that. Yet Bryant ends up with a great rating and Mebane comes out middle of the road.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
DavidSeven wrote:
lukerguy wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
He was only in for seven running plays.


Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.


Just saying the sample size is too small to make judgments about his ability to run block relative to Mike Rob. While he may have blocked well individually on a few plays, run game as a whole was still paltry.


I agree, but I wasn't saying Coleman is the answer. I'm just saying, people were blaming our running game on him yesterday, which clearly wasn't fair to him.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13452
Location: King In The North
bellingerga wrote:
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.


That's just it, once or twice turns into "all game". He gave up the sack/fumble and so that sticks in everybody's mind but really he played well most of the game, best I could tell.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
jlwaters1 wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.


According to Wagner he played the same position (WILL) in the nickle package last year. So there shouldn't be that much in terms of "Growing pains."


Playing every down in the base defense as a WILL and in the nickel is just different. The biggest issue for KJ right now is he has to think through it, whereas he was more instinctive as a SAM. Hence, growing pains.

It's not a negative or a knock, it's the reality. Just like there will be growing pains when Bruce Irvin gets back and plays SAM. Guys are learning new positions and new roles and it takes some time to flourish.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
SalishHawkFan wrote:
So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings.


Wright/Wags mostly graded poorly in run defense. They were closer to middle-of-the-road in pass coverage. I think this is somewhat to be expected vs. a read-option QB. There's a lot more hesitation/decision-making involved in defending running plays with a mobile QB. Thurmond was the only player on defense to get a really bad score in pass coverage. I initially thought he did okay, but Steve Smith was certainly having his way with someone early on in the game.


Last edited by DavidSeven on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Poulsbo, WA
bellingerga wrote:
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.


I actually like Breno and I was very critical of his performance yesterday. It seemed like his side of the line was getting pushed back into the pocket consistently. He's a mauler in run blocking (usually) but his pass blocking was very poor yesterday.

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
DavidSeven wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings.


Wright/Wags mostly graded poorly in run defense. They were closer to middle-of-the-road in pass coverage. I think this is somewhat to be expected vs. a read-option QB. There's a lot more hesitation/decision-making involved in defending running plays with a mobile QB. Thurmond was the only player on defense to get a really bad score in pass coverage. I initially thought he did okay, but Steve Smith was certainly having his way with someone early on in the game.



Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
lukerguy wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings.


Wright/Wags mostly graded poorly in run defense. They were closer to middle-of-the-road in pass coverage. I think this is somewhat to be expected vs. a read-option QB. There's a lot more hesitation/decision-making involved in defending running plays with a mobile QB. Thurmond was the only player on defense to get a really bad score in pass coverage. I initially thought he did okay, but Steve Smith was certainly having his way with someone early on in the game.



Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.


I don't know if they did a great job, but they certainly did a good job in limiting big plays, which is the philosophical hallmark of a Pete Carroll team. Carolina did an okay job of moving the ball, but they never broke Seattle's D. Cam was limited to fewest passing yards of his career in spite of his completion %. Gotta credit Seattle's secondary at least some for that, though I'm sure Carolina's play-calling didn't help.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2266
lukerguy wrote:
Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.


Yeah, for less than 8 yards a pop.
In Wilson's worst game as a pro he completed just 9 passes for as many yards as Newton managed yesterday


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 125
lukerguy wrote:
Just because Newton had less than 200 yards passing doesn't mean our secondary did a great job. He completed 64% of his passes. I think we would have lost had CAR not come out with an ultra vanilla game plan on offense.

64% of his passes for 5.4 yards per pass. It's easy to complete passes when they're practically all checkdowns. Besides, completion percentage and YPA are inflated with mobile QBs like Newton and Wilson, because when there's no one open, they will scramble instead of throwing it away. Sometimes they get sacked or get tackled for a loss, but that doesn't show up in their passer stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:52 am 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10499
Location: Pasco, WA
Interesting..... The oline had to preform much better this upcoming weekend if we even have a chance against the niners

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 1454
I noticed bryant, whenever they ran right the hole wasn't even close to as big as it was on the other side. Schoefield wasn't even close to as good holding the edge. I really hope Clem can play sunday, as least Avril


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 1454
do u have a snap count for Mcquistan and sweezy?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm
Posts: 1989
Here is the thing that I hate about their grading and I know these situations are hard to quantify:

Kearse gets a 0.0 for catching the game winning TD on a magnificent grab.
Lynch gets a -3.1 for the game sealing key run to not give them the ball back.
Thomas gets a -.3 for making causing the potentially game saving fumble.

Tough for me to accept that those 3 plays alone do not warrant high grades purely for their key contribution to this tough win.

_________________
Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:57 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8676
Location: Is Everything
How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2039
bellingerga wrote:
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.


I just rewatched the game for the third time. I still havent watched all-22 (its not released yet).

From what I have seen, once again, .net over-reacts to anything Breno. Breno had a good game yesterday with a few bad plays. Plus, him and Unger seem to have to switch off giving extra support to Sweezy. Ever since the beginning of last year with Breno getting some flags thrown, this board has hated him with a passion and seem to think he is horrible. He is pretty damn good. Amazing in teh run game, and above average in pass support. His hard hitting till the whistle tenacity is what sometimes gets him trouble, but that what helps make this team good.

But this will all be taken with a grain of salt, because like I said, .net doesnt care and wants to hate him for some reason.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
Posts: 1129
Location: Spokane, WA
bellingerga wrote:
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.

+1 for Breno. I like him, and didn't think he did as bad as everyone else. PFF backs up my opinion. Though, I am surprised he was in the positives.

Poor poor Beast Mode.

_________________
Colin Kaepernick wrote:
I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 pm
Posts: 123
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Turbin had one of the biggest runs of the day on a 3rd down play to set up our only TD, yet he scores negative? What is with all the Turbin hate on this board? I'm not just talking about this one topic. I continue to hear people bringing him down on this board. Its like you all expect us to have a Jerry friggin Rice caliber player at every position. All Turbin did was average 4 1/2 yards per carry as a ROOKIE. We should be damn grateful to have such a talented RB backing up Beast Mode.

_________________
"I'm better at life than you." -Richard Sherman
"The separation is in the preparation" -Russell Wilson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2039
OreIdahawk wrote:
Turbin had one of the biggest runs of the day on a 3rd down play to set up our only TD, yet he scores negative? What is with all the Turbin hate on this board? I'm not just talking about this one topic. I continue to hear people bringing him down on this board. Its like you all expect us to have a Jerry friggin Rice caliber player at every position. All Turbin did was average 4 1/2 yards per carry as a ROOKIE. We should be damn grateful to have such a talented RB backing up Beast Mode.


That score is from PFF, not this board.

And I dont hear the hate you hear. People are high on Michael, but no one has ever called Turbin a slouch.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1744
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
I get down on Breno because i think he is our worst starting lineman. And, I don't mind the occassional whistle for playing hard (regardless of whether it is on Breno or Sweezy). It seems to me that more often than not, when RW is running for his life, it is Breno's man coming through. That may not have been the case last Sunday, because I honestly saw people coming through everywhere (I also don't believe that Breno was that much better than everyone else).

I also blame RW for some of that pressure. (The pressure on the unreal pass and catch to Doug Baldwin was really caused by RW dropping way, way too deep. No way breno or Okung could stop their guys from sprinting past them when they did not know that RW was 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage.)

_________________
"I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2980
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?


Nobody outside of PFF knows the answer.

The Pro Football Focus rating system is built on subjective judgments. Suggestions that it rubs up against science or math are designed to facilitate subscription sells and build site traffic. PFF has, to my knowledge, never completed a meaningful public disclosure of methods or algorithms.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2039
Jville wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?


Nobody outside of PFF knows the answer.

The Pro Football Focus rating system is built on subjective judgments. Suggestions that it rubs up against science or math are designed to facilitate subscription sells and build site traffic. PFF has, to my knowledge, never completed a meaningful public disclosure of methods or algorithms.



IF you read it, its a play by play analysis. And its actually pretty smart and simple. You get a + point for doing something amazing. You get a zero grade for doing your job normally, and you get a - point for missing your assignment. Pretty simple and smart if you ask me. then they just take your number of plays and divide for the average. There is a small amount of subjectiveness, but as its been stated, if the evaluator cant tell if you played your assignment correctly, then you just get a 0 (which does nothing to effect your grade). AND lets say your lynch, and you get stuffed behind the line, but it was obvious that its because a lineman missed his block and a defender crashed down on you, you will just get a 0 and not a - point because it wasnt your fault.

I actually like it very much, because its quite simple but accurate in measuring your average play throughout the game.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
bellingerga wrote:
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.

Dude going off on him is a victory for Breno--getting into a mofo's head out there, pushing him around.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Cartire wrote:
Jville wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?


Nobody outside of PFF knows the answer.

The Pro Football Focus rating system is built on subjective judgments. Suggestions that it rubs up against science or math are designed to facilitate subscription sells and build site traffic. PFF has, to my knowledge, never completed a meaningful public disclosure of methods or algorithms.



IF you read it, its a play by play analysis. And its actually pretty smart and simple. You get a + point for doing something amazing. You get a zero grade for doing your job normally, and you get a - point for missing your assignment. Pretty simple and smart if you ask me. then they just take your number of plays and divide for the average. There is a small amount of subjectiveness, but as its been stated, if the evaluator cant tell if you played your assignment correctly, then you just get a 0 (which does nothing to effect your grade). AND lets say your lynch, and you get stuffed behind the line, but it was obvious that its because a lineman missed his block and a defender crashed down on you, you will just get a 0 and not a - point because it wasnt your fault.

I actually like it very much, because its quite simple but accurate in measuring your average play throughout the game.


Good post. The only thing I question is if their grades are based on the All-22 tape or the TV feed. I always assumed it was from the All-22 tape, but these grades seemed to come out before that was made available to the media (or do they have super early access?).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2039
DavidSeven wrote:

Good post. The only thing I question is if their grades are based on the All-22 tape or the TV feed. I always assumed it was from the All-22 tape, but these grades seemed to come out before that was made available to the media (or do they have super early access?).


Its suppose to be the All-22 because they grade every player, every play. Which would be impossible without All-22. I'm not sure if/how they get it early.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm
Posts: 1626
Location: East Oly
Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:42 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2980
Cartire wrote:
Jville wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
How do they come up with these ridiculous numbers?


Nobody outside of PFF knows the answer.

The Pro Football Focus rating system is built on subjective judgments. Suggestions that it rubs up against science or math are designed to facilitate subscription sells and build site traffic. PFF has, to my knowledge, never completed a meaningful public disclosure of methods or algorithms.



IF you read it, its a play by play analysis. And its actually pretty smart and simple. You get a + point for doing something amazing. You get a zero grade for doing your job normally, and you get a - point for missing your assignment. Pretty simple and smart if you ask me. then they just take your number of plays and divide for the average. There is a small amount of subjectiveness, but as its been stated, if the evaluator cant tell if you played your assignment correctly, then you just get a 0 (which does nothing to effect your grade). AND lets say your lynch, and you get stuffed behind the line, but it was obvious that its because a lineman missed his block and a defender crashed down on you, you will just get a 0 and not a - point because it wasnt your fault.

I actually like it very much, because its quite simple but accurate in measuring your average play throughout the game.


I've read it. They have a simple point assignment convention used in conjuction with a limited collection of subjective judgements. It certainly doesn't exhaust all grading considerations or weights or styles of play. Its attraction is its simplicity.

They also glance over other considerations ... to avoid confusion and keep their presentation simple.

What I am attempting to convey is that PFF is not the definitive authority.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2039
Jville wrote:

I've read it. They have a simple point assignment convention used in conjuction with a limited collection of subjective judgements. It certainly doesn't exhaust all grading considerations or weights or styles of play. Its attraction is its simplicity.



We get, yada yada. It is simple, but a valid grading system to judge how a player played in a particular game. Not necessarily his skill compared to the rest. And honestly, its fine. Because guess what, the top dogs try and make their own rating systems that factor every aspect of everything, and it still gets scrutinized and ridiculed. And why? Because Football is very hard to quantify with Sabermetrics. The variables are so vast, and the amount of data available for each conceivable situation is so small, that it just cant be perfect. QBR and DVOA I think have great return for their numbers. Yet they are scrutinized constantly.

So lets get off the high-and-mighty horse and appreciate someone even taking the time to systematically record every down, for every player, in a timely manner and assign a grade. I watch the All-22, and rewatch games like a champ. Ive seen sundays game 4 times now, and have watched 5 others games as well. And I can tell you that I have not studied every single player on every single play. So I appreciate when someone takes the time too.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2980
I think many place far too much weight on PFF numbers as a starting point for inferences.

However, PFF and this site exist for entertainment purposes only.

From time to time we all lose track of that fact. LOL


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2980
minormillikin wrote:
Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?


The Seahawks credited Earl Thomas with the forced fumble. He also lead both teams in tackles during the Carolina game. NFL.com numbers: 8 tackles, 2 assists, 1 force fumble.

Don't know about how PFF arrived at that negative number for Earl. :229031_shrug: Since it comes from an entertainment site, it just might be a tiny bit suspect. LOL


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2039
Jville wrote:
minormillikin wrote:
Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?


The Seahawks credited Earl Thomas with the forced fumble. He also lead both teams in tackles during the Carolina game. NFL.com numbers: 8 tackles, 2 assists, 1 force fumble.

Don't know about how PFF arrived at that negative number for Earl. :229031_shrug: Since it comes from an entertainment site, it just might be a tiny bit suspect. LOL


Chances are, on all those plays, he got high marks. But remember, ET plays every down, so its very reasonable to believe that he may have screwed up on plays where it didnt matter.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PFF Week 1 Seahawks Grades
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2980
Cartire wrote:
Jville wrote:
minormillikin wrote:
Earl got a negative score? Didn't he force the fumble? Or did they credit Sherman?


The Seahawks credited Earl Thomas with the forced fumble. He also lead both teams in tackles during the Carolina game. NFL.com numbers: 8 tackles, 2 assists, 1 force fumble.

Don't know about how PFF arrived at that negative number for Earl. :229031_shrug: Since it comes from an entertainment site, it just might be a tiny bit suspect. LOL


Chances are, on all those plays, he got high marks. But remember, ET plays every down, so its very reasonable to believe that he may have screwed up on plays where it didnt matter.

I can understand how PFF loyalists and subscribers might cling to such a notion.
After all, it was on the internet. And anything on the internet must be true. LOL


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.