Unger -1.3
Miller -1.4
Stephen Williams -1.6
Sweezy -2.0
Luke Willson -2.0
McQuistan -2.2
Carpenter -2.3
Lynch -3.1

So yeah, Carp didn't play too well. McQ, however, was basically just as bad. Rough day for the O-line overall (except Breno).

DEF:

Bryant 2.0
Maxwell 1.9
Sherman 1.8

D'Anthony Smith 0.7
Chancellor 0.6
Malcom Smith 0.5
Maragos 0.0
Mayowa 0.0
McDaniel 0.0
Mebane -0.1
Thomas -0.3
Schofield -0.5
Bennett -0.6
Morgan -1.0
Wagner -1.6
Thurmond -2.0
Wright -2.9

mistaowen

Reaction score
KJ's number doesn't surprise me. I remember hearing a bunch of times the announcers point out him being out of place or slow in recognition of a play. We were pretty lucky Greg Olson caught a case of the Koren Robinson's.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
After watching second time, i thought Breno was pretty bad too. His missed block caused the sack fumble. Im not a huge linemen analyst or anything though.

lukerguy

Reaction score
So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lukerguy":2gh4a4fu said:
So Coleman rated as the best player, and yet people are saying our running game is a result of MRob being gone?.....

He was only in for seven running plays.

lukerguy

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3r8acd8p said:
lukerguy":3r8acd8p said:

Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sorry, can't give any kind of respect to a grading scale where Giacomini has a positive rating for that game. He got beat like a drum all friggen game long. Can't remember how many times my buddies and I were saying "Breno again, getting pushed around."

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Coleman had a few clutch first down catches. While I really liked MRob, I must admit that I really like what we have in Coleman.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Nice to see D'Anthony Smith on there near the top of the Defense. We need the new guy to step up and it looks like he did, even though he barely has any time practicing with the team.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1srnhka5 said:
Going to be some growing pains with KJ at a new position.

According to Wagner he played the same position (WILL) in the nickle package last year. So there shouldn't be that much in terms of "Growing pains."

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lukerguy":1ebdvij6 said:
DavidSeven":1ebdvij6 said:
lukerguy":1ebdvij6 said:

Any your point is? If he failed miserably on those plays, he would be rated 0.0 or less.

Just saying the sample size is too small to make judgments about his ability to run block relative to Mike Rob. While he may have blocked well individually on a few plays, run game as a whole was still paltry.

Perfundle

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":12jev5rf said:
I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.
A lot of it was indeed for his fullback abilities, apparently. From their Three Performances of Note:

Derrick Coleman (+2.4) consistently dominated in the hole on lead blocks and also threw in three receptions netting 30 yards for good measure. However, it was his work in his prime role that stood out. He was only in for seven running plays but on three of those he clearly won the battle in the hole.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Perfundle":1uhj707s said:
Smelly McUgly":1uhj707s said:
I wonder how much of Coleman's grade was his pass-catching, which was good in a SSS.
A lot of it was indeed for his fullback abilities, apparently. From their Three Performances of Note:

Derrick Coleman (+2.4) consistently dominated in the hole on lead blocks and also threw in three receptions netting 30 yards for good measure. However, it was his work in his prime role that stood out. He was only in for seven running plays but on three of those he clearly won the battle in the hole.

Nice. PFF's analysts tend to have pretty good evaluation of players, I think, so that's really good to hear.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Funny how impressions can differ so much from what you see when you take the DVR and analyze each play. My impression, bolstered by Newton's 125 yards passing, was that Thurmond did a fair job. However, now that I see his rating I recall how early game I was getting upset that Smith was getting all those catches off Thurmond. So I guess my first impression was correct, but my overall impression was that our secondary did a good job. Strange then, that our LBers and a DB get the worst ratings. Same for Bryant. I consider he and Mebane responsible for stopping the run and my impression was that neither was doing a very good job of that. Yet Bryant ends up with a great rating and Mebane comes out middle of the road.

lukerguy

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2f90oyik said:
lukerguy":2f90oyik said:
DavidSeven":2f90oyik said:

Just saying the sample size is too small to make judgments about his ability to run block relative to Mike Rob. While he may have blocked well individually on a few plays, run game as a whole was still paltry.

I agree, but I wasn't saying Coleman is the answer. I'm just saying, people were blaming our running game on him yesterday, which clearly wasn't fair to him.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I don't get why people are so pissed at Breno. As far as I remember, he got beat... once, maybe twice but I only remember once. I don't even remember hearing about him the entire rest of the game except when dude got frustrated and punched him in the face......

I will rewatch the game on NFL Game Rewind, but this sounds to be like the haters are just looking for a reason to dislike Breno.