10 AM start

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the seemingly larger number of 10 AM games this season, I am glad that the first game is a 10 AM on the east coast. In years past it seems like some of the lame excuses for the poor performances in these early start games was at times attributed to players not being accustomed to playing at that time of the day. While there may be some credence to that theory, I believe that much of the 10 AM failures can be linked to less than stellar Seahawk squads. There is a certain amount of mental toughness as well as physical toughness that goes into any game. This edition of Seahawks football looks to have an added element of toughness, mental as well as physical. In regards to this years first game being at 10 AM, there is no comfort zone yet established for the more traditional 1:00 start time. Training camp practices have also started at 10:00 AM. Therefore, all players bodies should be at least somewhat acclimated to that start time already. Its time to play Seahawks football. No more excuses!

seatownboy

Reaction score
I will say time matters a little as an athlete even though I wasn't the best. Once in the middle of Christmas break, we had a really early game an I almost scored a basket on the wrong hoop. In the middle of the rebound I figured it out and spiked it off the backboard. The good news is though this is the first game of the season and they should be up for it no matter.

At least its not the middle of the season where some players can lose focus. It is the first game of the season on a team with a lot of hopes. The players will be up for this game and bring it.

Renohawk

Reaction score
I little nugget that Pete stressed in one of his pressers was the fact that all of their practices up to this point started at 10:00 a.m. for this sole purpose of preparing themselves.