This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Carolina Panthers

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• BlueThunder wrote:This thread is golden. LOVE the first post... LMAO!

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... in-week-1/

Between the homophobia and the general idiocy, that's just not a good look for Panthers fans.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Oh damn it!! the season has already started?? :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :0190l: :3:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• grizbob wrote:Oh damn it!! the season has already started?? :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :0190l: :3:

I KNOW, Right?? :229031_thewave:

:lol:

The Panthers and Seahawks completed their pre-season Schedule on Thursday, so I figured, "what the hell"... Why wait 'till Sunday to post my first edition! :D
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Oh, and I should mention that ESPN has cancelled ALL NFL message boards, so they of course will no longer be listed here. I can understand why of course. They were just nasty smack boards anyway where most posts were just ridiculous troll crap. Good riddance.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Lmao, they got beat last year by literal week 1 Russell Wilson. And they wonder why we aren't concerned about the upcoming game.
    keatonisballin
    NET Starter

• Panthers defense is much improved. Offense not so much.
    CoolRodney
    NET Bench Warmer

• No 10:00 AM east coast game is historically a "gimme" for this team, no matter how talented the roster. I worry about Cam Newton as well. He's a hell of a good QB stuck on a semi-crappy team. But that's just the Seahawks Fan in me... This opening game will be a very good indicator about who we are as a team...

We DO NOT want to come home for the 9ers 0-1, that's for sure. Arghhh..... I don't even want to think that way! :34853_doh:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Thinking Ginn is their answer to our Ds speed is pretty amusing. The guy can return like all get-out, but his worth as a receiver.......ummmm, not so much.

And Steve Smith matching up well against Sherman? Gook luck with that one. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago but not any more.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Steve Smith is done. He was their MAIN factor in the NFCCG in 2005. We all know how that turned out. He's just another receiver now... nothing to worry about at all. Bring it Smithy... Here, meet Kam... He's a nice guy...

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Obviously the players are not looking past this game as much as Panther fans would want to believe that.

Of course we are positive about the Hawks. After a controlled start to the season, the offense gelled into a model of efficiency. In the playoffs they made noise with a rookie QB who has been waiting for this game since he walked off the field in Atlanta.

No game is ever a sure thing. The Hawks are the kind of team that can win any kind of game they have to though. They could start slow, get behind and in the end still come out on top. They did it against good teams and they did it on the road. We have seen them do it when all 3 aspects of the game weren't clicking and we have seen what happens when all aspects are clicking.

It is a week 1, 10am road game against a team that the early season offense of 2012 struggled with. The Panthers will be respected on the field. The Hawks are likely to win this game in a fight, but if the Hawks are clicking early? Well Panther nation, you will understand why Seahawk fans are so jacked.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I loved the guy saying that Russ was one of the worst QBs they would face all year. The QB they saw is not the guy who finished the season.
    Sonichellboy
    NET Rookie

• It amuses me that fans think teams are overlooking their team before a matchup, because of what other fans and/or the media are blathering.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Wow. I know that one of the guys is trying to make a point about fans having mood swings, but saying he's seen threads on Seahawks boards saying, "We draft horrible", and "The team looks like crap!"......really? What the hell is he talking about? I can't remember seeing any threads like that since the Ruskell era! What, does he think we're still a "finesse" team as well? And he's implying WE'RE uninformed!
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• I want them to think were overlooking them, this team has been aching to stomp someone since Atlanta, Panthers are the first team in their way.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• One thing fans don't seem to realize...it doesn't matter what we post on the forums, we don't play the games. So when they say we are overlooking them;they have no clue about how the players are taking it.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:One thing fans don't seem to realize...it doesn't matter what we post on the forums, we don't play the games. So when they say we are overlooking them;they have no clue about how the players are taking it.

Yep. And I guarantee this team is going to treat this game just as big as will week 2, week 3, etc.

That being said, this is going to be a very tough match-up. Our slew of injuries and players who have missed lots of time in camp, the early start, a formidable Panthers front 7, now breaking in a brand new lead blocker for Beast Mode?

I see a very sluggish, very low scoring defensive slugfest where both offenses are stiff. I am hoping the game plan isn't to run the ball all day long because we think we can - we learned that lesson against Miami last season.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I will be flying to Seattle while the game is on, so all I can do is stay positive and look forward to the SF game which I will see because I will be there.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• CoolRodney wrote:Panthers defense is much improved. Offense not so much.

They still have no secondary, not a good recipe for success against Wilson. I think they learned their lesson in Miami and know the way to beat Carolina is light up that secondary much like New England last year.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• gargantual wrote:Wow. I know that one of the guys is trying to make a point about fans having mood swings, but saying he's seen threads on Seahawks boards saying, "We draft horrible", and "The team looks like crap!"......really? What the hell is he talking about? I can't remember seeing any threads like that since the Ruskell era! What, does he think we're still a "finesse" team as well? And he's implying WE'RE uninformed!

It must be that his dial up internet connection is taking a while to download content.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Thanks BlueThunder. Looking forward to your post each week.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie

• One of the posters was talking about how "every Seahawk interviewed talks about the SF game and ignores the Panthers". Had anyone heard one 'Hawk do anything other than answer a question about the rivalry? Seems like they're fishing for perceived sights over there...

Maybe we're not so different after all!
    Sonichellboy
    NET Rookie

• Panther fan here.

1st- here's hoping for a good game, injury free just over a week from today.

2nd- very glad to see Wilson playing so well. Very good, young QB and an even better dude.

3rd- I actually like our chances in this game. Hosting a West Coast team at 1300 is a benefit for us. Secondly, I think we match up well against each other. Last years game was close and we played terribly. I'll actually go back and re-watch that game some time in the next few games. I feel some of your losses due to suspension/injury will favor the Panthers.
    Joat
    NET Bench Warmer

• Joat wrote:Panther fan here.

2nd- very glad to see Wilson playing so well. Very good, young QB and an even better dude.

3rd- I actually like our chances in this game. Hosting a West Coast team at 1300 is a benefit for us. Secondly, I think we match up well against each other. Last years game was close and we played terribly. I'll actually go back and re-watch that game some time in the next few games. I feel some of your losses due to suspension/injury will favor the Panthers.

Was it the 3 points of offense that makes you so optimistic?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Obviously.

Getting away from a gimmick offense that killed our OL and RB's gives me hope. Recommitting to the run game, beefing up the Front 7 and the emergence of DROY Luke Kuechly doesn't hurt either.
    Joat
    NET Bench Warmer

• Joat wrote:Obviously.

Getting away from a gimmick offense that killed our OL and RB's gives me hope. Recommitting to the run game, beefing up the Front 7 and the emergence of DROY Luke Kuechly doesn't hurt either.

Welcome to the board Joat. Most of us here like good x's and o's from the opposing teams fans that come in peace.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Joat wrote:Panther fan here.

I really like the Panthers. That D is legit and Cam will surprise this year. However both CAR and SEA are improved this year so you can't really use last years matchup against either team. It will be a whole new ballgame. Go Hawks.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Rookie

• BlueThunder wrote:
    Joat wrote:Obviously.

Welcome to the board Joat. Most of us here like good x's and o's from the opposing teams fans that come in peace.

Thank you. I keep trash talk to a minimum, but sometimes you have to stand your ground. :thirishdrinkers:
    Joat
    NET Bench Warmer

• Archer wrote:
    Joat wrote:Panther fan here.

I really like the Panthers. That D is legit and Cam will surprise this year. However both CAR and SEA are improved this year so you can't really use last years matchup against either team. It will be a whole new ballgame. Go Hawks.

The team's themselves will review last year's tape to prepare for the game. I don't see how it's a bad idea. Sure, things have changed; but the teams are generally the same. You can use that tape to look at individual match ups, tendancies, strengths, et.

There's alway something to gain from film study.
    Joat
    NET Bench Warmer

• I see it being one of those damn frustrating 10 am slopfests where we'll be frustrated no matter what the outcome. We just need to win this one any way possible.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• i agree. from what i saw in pre-season, doesn't look like the D is able to bring the same intensity on the road, hope i completely wrong here. I just hope the bend don't break defense can have a couple key stops, and the O capitalizes on them, i think special teams and turnovers are going to play a big part of our road success. Penalties have got to be kept to a minimum, especially the drive killing ones..

Saying that, i love our chances sunday, fully expect to be in every game this year, just like last season...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• You mean I have to be serious? Ok, I think our special teams and Houska will be your doom. Don't be mad. That will be the reason we go 14-2 and not 12-4 and send Kaepernick into insanity for years to come. It's all about the details trust me.:)

Houska with 60 yard range and Thurmond being decent at KR/PR is something nobody here actually factors in......God help the NFL if both perform like the preseason. When Percy shows up around week 9-11 it could get somewhat silly.....
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Joat wrote:The team's themselves will review last year's tape to prepare for the game. I don't see how it's a bad idea. Sure, things have changed; but the teams are generally the same. You can use that tape to look at individual match ups, tendancies, strengths, et.

There's alway something to gain from film study.

No offense but I totally disagree. I mean, your point about film study is of course correct. You can't have "too much" knowledge. But you can't compare teams from one year to the next. There is too much turnover between players, coaches, administration, etc. That's what makes the NFL so much fun to watch... the parity. I'm sure CAR has a good percentage of starters that differ compared to last year, same as Seattle. I know we have different coordinators, specifically the Hawks on D, and that does make a big difference.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Rookie

• The one thing that would of killed us last year agaisnt Carolina was the dump off over the middle to the TE. Cam wasn't able to complete those passes and I remember saying whoo and couple of times, because the TE was wide open with a lot of green in front of him. The little 5 yard pass seemed to happen with teams that didn't have the stud TE's more then the teams that did have studs. Hopefully when we blitz and the hot throw comes out we make the quick tackle and don't allow the 3rd and long conversions. Two things I know we won't get blown out and there will be a couple of pathers who can't play the following week.
    seahawkswin1
    NET Practice Squad

• Dang, a couple of decent posters on that first site, but most of them remind me of hilljacks and inbreds in the movie Deliverance. Give em a banjo and a Sarah Palin poster and you wont see them for days!

One of them was dumb enough to think last years game was played in Seattle... :34853_doh:
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Guy from Carolina Huddle wrote:And the Panthers, can give a unprepared Seattle team a nice rough start to it, by kicking their ass/blitzing them during their home opener.

"...unprepared Seattle team..." LOL

"...blitzing them..." SPOT ON. Carolina's key to the game is to bring a bevy of clever fronts to shoot various gaps, keeping Russell on the move and preventing him from finding a rhythm. It's going to be a fun LOS battle between two very competitive lines.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Guy from Carolina Huddle wrote:And the Panthers, can give a unprepared Seattle team a nice rough start to it, by kicking their ass/blitzing them during their home opener.

"...unprepared Seattle team..." LOL

"...blitzing them..." SPOT ON. Carolina's key to the game is to bring a bevy of clever fronts to shoot various gaps, keeping Russell on the move and preventing him from finding a rhythm. It's going to be a fun LOS battle between two very competitive lines.

That post from that hilljack Carolina fan is one of the dumbest I've read on this site, and I've read a ton of stupid crap from forty ninnies fans and stuff in the PWR forum! Unprepared Seattle team???? Really? ........ It's also funny how none of them really want to acknowledge last years game, one that they lost and Seattle won despite the Hawks not playing particularly well in.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Perusing those threads I found that they actually believe that Ginn can catch passes. They are about to find out that Ginn only knows how to catch punts.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Like last year Steve Smith will try to be physical out of the gate to show our DB's they can't push him around, and like last year Browner will steal his lunch money and pull his undies up around his ears :)
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

• He better concentrate that effort on Sherm, he try's that with the other 3 he's liable to get hoodwanked on national tv, ask jennings about that, or garcon.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I also like to over hype my team.
    KeepPounding
    NET Bench Warmer

• KeepPounding wrote:I also like to over hype my team.

That's quite obvious Cleetus!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    KeepPounding wrote:I also like to over hype my team.

That's quite obvious Cleetus!

I like the redneck joke, it adds a nice touch.
    KeepPounding
    NET Bench Warmer

• I would just like to say that you guys are not ready for this. For those of you saying Smitty is done, very ignorant. He's still as effective as he was 5 years ago.. Our defense is a top 5 unit this year and our offense is still one of the most explosive in the NFL. Not saying we've got it in the bag, just saying be ready. Oh and by the way, we just signed Quinton Mikell! ;) :stirthepot:
    Last edited by PantherFan on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    PantherFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Oh we're ready.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• PantherFan wrote:I would just like to say that you guys are not ready for this. For those of you saying Smitty is done, very ignorant. He's still as effective as he was 5 years ago.. Our defense is a top 5 unit this year and our offense is still one of the most explosive in the NFL. Not saying we've got it in the bag, just saying be ready.

Don't worry. We're all watching as much film as possible to prepare for this game. We can only do so much. The rest is up to the players.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• And please.. never, ever compare Wagner to Kuechly. Not even on his level.
    PantherFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• PantherFan wrote:And please.. never, ever compare Wagner to Kuechly. Not even on his level.

You've probably never even seen Wagner play. GTFOH.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information