13-24

pehawk

Reaction score
That's the Seahawks record, all-time on kickoff weekends.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
What also sucks is that I think I read somewhere where we have started 10 of the last 14 years on the road.

What kinda bias crap is that?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Is it 13-23? I don't think so, could be off.

Whatever the real loss number is, it'll be 14 in "W's", soon.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks always seem to start off slow Offensively. Always a different reason, but it seems like it every year.

The Jim Mora year was the last time they really started off strong (and we know how that went).

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'll start by saying that let's just hope THESE Seahawks are focused on winning the LAST game of the year more than they are concerned about improving the first game winning percentage.

Yeah, even though that all-time kickoff weekend record really has no bearing on this team, that's not very good. Hopefully over the next couple of decades, they can get that back to .500 and even better. I gotta say, though, that I would be very surprised to hear Pete Carroll or any of the players have that on their mind.

Another great thing about having a regime that builds a winning culture is that they also inadvertently address the clouds that hang over us fans. But, it takes time. The thing that Mike Holmgren mentioned was that he wanted to come in and turn this franchise around and keep it headed in that right direction. I think even in the post-Holmgren years prior to JS/PC, what was built during that era was kept alive (even though it perhaps felt on life-support at times.)

This opening weekend game is important. But, not to improve the opening weekend percentage. It's important because there's only 16 games which makes every game important.

I don't think pehawk is being a pessimist, he's just stating a fact. It's sort of interesting and perhaps we can look forward to seeing improve over the next decade.

mretrade

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what their record is week 1 in winning seasons.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
3-23

The Panthers W/L record over the past 3 seasons for games in which they were outgained.....

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":7pmj66tf said:
What also sucks is that I think I read somewhere where we have started 10 of the last 14 years on the road.

Isn't that something to do with the Mariners?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3t6mbbsr said:
Tech Worlds":3t6mbbsr said:

Isn't that something to do with the Mariners?

screw which were on the road.

Seattle is 7-5 in its past 12 season openers, but 2-5 in the past seven openers on the road. Next week’s game will be the 10th time the Seahawks have started the regular season on the road in the past 14 seasons.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcwest&id=107936&src=desktop

chris98251

Reaction score
a lot of it has to do with the Mariners schedule and trying not to compete with them on the same day and have the cities resources streched so thin, this season I don't think it owuld have been a problem though, it would only be a couple thousand more watching the Mariners.