Latest injury report.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I was updating myself on the injury front and just figured I'd repost in case anyone else was curious. I've had a hellacious week or two of work so playing a little catch up:

Cliff Avril, DE Questionable Aug 28

Comment: Avril is dealing with a hamstring injury and may not be ready to play by Week 1, 710 ESPN Seattle reports. "We don't know if he's going to be ready," coach Pete Carroll said of Avril. "We don't know that right now."

Michael Bennett, DE Questionable Aug 28

Comment: Bennett missed Wednesday's practice with a toe injury and will not play in Thursday's preseason finale against the Raiders, the Everett Herald's John Boyles reports.
Zach Miller, TE Probable Aug 28

Comment: Miller (foot) will play in Thursday's preseason game against the Raiders, Sports Radio KJR's Curtis Crabtree reports.

Sidney Rice, WR Probable Aug 28

Comment: Though Rice (knee) won't play in Thursday's preseason finale, coach Pete Carroll said "he'll be ready" for the Seahawks' season opener, John Boyle of the Everett Herald reports.

Percy Harvin, WR Out Aug 27

Comment: Harvin, who is coming off hip surgery, will start the season on the Seahawks' PUP list.

So, TL:DR Summary:

Clemons isn't mentioned, not sure why. At this point I'd put him somewhere between questionable/doubtful for week 1 though. Avril is somewhere about the same. My best guess is that at least one of these guys, whomever is healthiest, will see some snaps in week 1, maybe not as many as they normally would.

Bennett being out I don't think is a big deal. There's no real reason for him to play in this game if he's got some sort of toe issue but it doesn't sound too serious.

Zack Miller is BAAAAAACK! I hope he doesn't play much though.

Rice - sounds like they are just keeping wear off his knee which is smart, I expect im to be full go week 1.

Harvin will start the season on PUP; this is better than IR designated for return. It means he'll be able to return as early as week 7 whereas the IR/DR would be week 9 at the earliest.

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't expect to see Clemons or Avril week one (deep breath), i'm assuming it will be Leo by committee? Mayowa and/or Schoefield? Good news in week one from what i understand is that Fred Taylor will be out, so there running game will be limited.. wishful thinking i guess.

Basis4day

Reaction score
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201308 ... st-Raiders

Defensive end Cliff Avril (hamstring) will not play against the Raiders, Carroll said. However, Carroll is hopeful that Avril, who has not played at all this preseason, can go against Carolina. "He's recovering," Carroll said about Avril. "As of this morning he's feeling better, and we're hoping that he'll be able to go next week. We don't know until we get there though."

Defensive tackle Michael Bennett also will miss the Oakland game to have a procedure performed on an injured toe, but should be ready to go next week.

According to Carroll, rookie defensive tackle Jordan Hill is responding well to treatment for a strained bicep, and could be back sooner than expected."We thought originally it was going to be something that might really cost him," Carroll said. "But we'll find out where he is next week, and take it from there. We don't know yet, but he is responding well. He's feeling good. He doesn't have any pain or discomfort, so there's a chance he may get back here sooner than we thought originally."