Injuries

How concerned are you regarding the injury situation?

• Extremely concerned. Talk me off the ledge, NOW!!

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Very concerned. It will be difficult to get off to a great start.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Somewhat concerned, but I think the Hawks are deep enough to deal with it.

Votes: 51 58.6%
  • Not really all that concerned to be honest. We're THAT good this year.

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How concerned are you about getting off to a good start in 2013 with the mounting injuries?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not even thinking about being concerned yet. If its week 8 and we're missing a bunch of our main dudes then i'll worry. For now? Nah.

Even if we lose our first couple games I still think we'll have an excellent chance of getting better as the season progresses and going 12-4 or so.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Injuries suck, but i think the FO is playing it safe in the preseason. I reserve a little judgement until we see who starts game 1.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Very nervous about the D line. We could be minus 3 of our expected starters in week 1

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
You have my permission to move my vote to the next highest category if we have any additional injuries to our best players tomorrow night! If Carp goes down again.....you might have to talk me off the ledge! ;)

seatownboy

Reaction score
No season ending injuries at all, there are always minor injuries in preseason. Seems like everything is going great to me, just people dinged up a little.

kearly

Reaction score
Of all the injuries, the only one that really bugs me is the Avril one. This is a guy they signed in no small part because of how badly they needed him at the start of the season when we were already thin at pass rusher. They had him stored in bubble wrap and he still had a significant injury setback on the eve of the regular season. I hope Mayowa being out there 60% of the snaps at left end doesn't kill us.

Funny enough, the Seahawks that scare me the most injury wise are pretty much healthy right now. Bennett has been fine despite his shoulder. Zach Miller and Sidney Rice are expected to be 100% for the opener. McDaniel is fighting minor injuries but has avoided anything serious. Okung still has healthy ankles.

I think I'd rate myself a 6/10 on the panic scale right now. It's been rough, much worse than usual, and the early games will be rocky I'm sure as most teams will be healthier than our team is. I thought the Carolina game was the perfect storm for a week 1 upset, and that was before their defense looked incredible in the preseason (their starting defense has scored about as many TD's than they've allowed) and before we got ravaged by injuries. And of course, it will only get worse. Our team will likely get even less healthy from here on out. So yeah, not happy, but Pete Carroll's Seahawks teams seem to always find adversity in some crazy manner every single season. We're used to it, right?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Very concerned. Don't fancy seeing the 9ers run game going off against a patchwork D line in Week 2.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3myhajq6 said:
Very nervous about the D line. We could be minus 3 of our expected starters in week 1
Co-sign

GhostHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ileflof said:
Injuries suck, but i think the FO is playing it safe in the preseason. I reserve a little judgement until we see who starts game 1.

I am very concerned, but I also think the FO is playing it safe in the preseason.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I voted "not really all that concerned to be honest, we're that good this year" and I truly believe it. I'm in agreement with FlyingGreg and kearly here. This team is deep as hell and philosophically, they've been built to withstand and overcome adversity no matter what it is. We've already seen the PED issue, now there's a rash of injuries, all before the first snap of the regular season. To be honest with you, I'm okay with that, I invite it actually. I've got to be honest, I was getting a little nervous with all of the love from around the country. With the expectations being set so high, it's only natural for there to be a massive letdown. I didn't want this team to think that they were the best team in the league and that if they just played their game they would dominate on their way to a championship. Not this year at least, maybe Super Bowl victory #2 can be like that.

If you look at the Super Bowl winners over the past 3 years, they've all been deep and they all had to overcome injuries and adversity. Green Bay, New York, and Baltimore all rode strong quarterback play throughout, that was the one constant, and while they might have struggled through the regular season, they clicked towards the end of the year when guys got healthy. That's why I'm fully expecting a slower start then what I might have expected a few months ago. I can definitely see a loss in Carolina now. Not that I expect defeat, but I could definitely see the 'Hawks losing a heartbreaker to start things off. Either that or they pull one out of their asses and escape with a W. Of course, that's what I'm hoping for but I doubt it's a laugher either way. I think it'll be a hard-fought, competitive game, as will most of our early season encounters for the most part.

As most of you know, I'm attempting to go to every game on the regular season and playoff schedule (of course Super Bowl) this season. The idea spawned from the belief that I truly feel that the Hawks are going to win it all this year and I want to be there every step of the way. Now, with all the injuries and everything popping up, a few of my buddies have asked me if I'm starting to have second thoughts about everything and if I think it will be a mistake to follow the team this year. I'm being 100% honest when I tell you that I believe these injuries will actually help our chances of winning it all this year. It'll be a more intense season than me (and my heart) were probably hoping for but honestly... it'll make it that much sweeter if/when we do win. I have no regrets and I can't wait to get on that bus from Chinatown and wake up in Charlotte the next day. Players will step up in the absence of others and others will emerge from out of nowhere to help produce and keep this team's head afloat. Then, when it all comes together, it's going to be an amazing, beautiful ride through the playoffs, possibly in road venues, all culminating with Russell Wilson hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over his head in a blustery East Rutherford, New Jersey while the rest of us party like it's the end of the world. I can't wait!

drdiags

Reaction score
I would have voted somewhat concerned and they are not that deep on the DL, but there is nothing they can do about it. They are sort of boxed in with the unknown status of Clemons, Avril's groin or whatever is his problem and Irvin's unfortunate timing. Mebane, McDaniel and Bennett's curious toe surgery (no impact according to Pete, but I have heard that before) really makes it tough to say they have enough depth to overcome it.

Maybe they run a Bandit package for a month until the big hogs injuries settle down?

McGruff

Reaction score
I am not worried because I think most of these guys will be playing in game one. The injuries are not catastrophic. Their the annoying variety and they are mostly hitting vets who can rest and battle through them.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm a little nervous about the D-line but I also don't know how hurt everyone really is. It's hard to tell if they are 'preseason' hurt, or if these guys would be ready to go if the season started tomorrow. We were already excited about seeing how they mix up packages so it's not like even if these guys aren't quite 100%, they will be out there for any more than a percentage of defensive snaps anyways.