Seattle favored by 3 over Carolina

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
We shouldn't be. Carolina is a much better team now than the one we faced last season. We have key players that will/might not play. The oddsmakers are dumb here. JMO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2dfavn4q said:
We shouldn't be. Carolina is a much better team now than the one we faced last season. We have key players that will/might not play. The oddsmakers are dumb here. JMO.

Much better team? You're stretching; try yoga.

formido

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ciky7bc said:

Russell Wilson is now 20-5 against the spread, including preseason and postseason. They are probably being dumb here, but in the other direction. ;)

12th_Bob

Reaction score
ugh, Seattle is a much better team than when both teams played each other last season.

I think Seattle will win and win comfortably.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I expect a sloppy game, and as much as I like our prospects for the season, this one concerns me. Getting out with a win by a field goal will be just fine by me.

AgentDib

Reaction score
My main concern about this game is that it is a bigger deal for them then it is for us.

1) It will be tempting for the Seahawks to look past Carolina a little bit. I'm sure Carroll will do his best to get the team focused only on Panthers, but at the same time you have to think that the Hawks have been game planning around the 49er home opener a lot more than most teams prepare for their second opponent. That isn't a criticism either as that 49er game will effectively count double. We also made the playoffs last season with a paltry 3-5 road record and so while the fans would flip out over a loss, the players would not.

2) In contrast to this, Carolina has been looking squarely at Seattle for months. Their second game is against the Bills, they do not play a single divisional game until week seven, Ron Rivera is a defensive head coach who faced heavy criticism over the usage of the read option early last season, and Shula needs his offense to be successful early to build some confidence in the system. Their only other home game in the first five games is against the Giants, so they know that remaining competitive in the division will require taking care of business against good opponents.

3) Whether it is still reality or not, there remains the perception that the Seahawks are a vulnerable team on the road, especially in 10 am games. As such, I really think Carolina is going to show up for this one regardless of what the power rankings may say.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I thought we would beat the Arizona Cardinals by ten points last season

so I'm going keep my mouth shut this time.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2a5u5pba said:
JSeahawks":2a5u5pba said:
I think Seahawks win by 10+.

This. I dunno what everyone is worried about, that Carolina team is a paper tiger if ever I saw one. They have a decent front 7 and that's it. We own Cam Newton, their offense basically sucks, and their secondary sucks. Seahawks are a much better team all over the field than these chumps.

I think we'll win by 10+ too but I also wouldn't be surprised if this game is sloppy and gets down close to the wire before we clearly have won.

The Radish

Reaction score
I said elsewhere that this game concerns me more than the 'Zona game did last.

I want us to win and propell us to the upcoming weeks game at home against the ninnirs. But our guys could be looking past this game because of that.

Again, winning this game could be our season. Sets us up for the following weeks game and a chance to start out 2-0

Lose this one and we could start out 0-2 which makes the rest of the season look pretty grim.

So lets hope the winters work on handling the early games shows up here. If not with those other 2 games back to back early in the schedule our season dreams of a Superb Owl could be finished after the first 5 weeks.

LETS GO SEAHAWKS!

:les:

grizbob

Reaction score
This place is sounding eerily similar to a year ago :180670: :141847_bnono:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
formido":2530m26d said:
Seahwkgal":2530m26d said:

Russell Wilson is now 20-5 against the spread, including preseason and postseason. They are probably being dumb here, but in the other direction. ;)

ETA: I'm an idiot.