Roster bubble player(s) you are rooting for the most vs. OAK

kearly

Reaction score
It can be any player that isn't a lock for roster (psst: Stephen Williams and Jermaine Kearse are locks for the roster). So guys like Derrick Coleman, Spencer Ware, the fat seal guy from Denver, Chris Harper, Cooper Helfet, etc, etc. I think Mayowa is a lock given how promising he is long term and how depleted we are at DE, but I guess it's fair to say that his status is up for debate.

My two are Spencer Ware and Michael Brooks. I am pretty sure that despite their strong preseason play and bright outlook, they will be cut anyway in favor of inferior prospects.

In the case of Ware, he is too far away as a FB prospect even though he has impressive talent as a runner and special teams player. The team seemed alarmingly comfortable with the idea of missing Robinson in real games, which pretty much tells you that they must really like Coleman, because Ware and Bates would not inspire that kind of confidence at FB. I want to be wrong though- I want Ware to make it. His resilience, power and vision make him a poor man's Marshawn Lynch even more than Michael and (much more) than Turbin. I think he could be a vicious lead blocker too if his special teams play and ability to deliver hits as a runner are any indication. I think the only way he makes it is if Coleman is a disaster or gets hurt, or if Ware looks suddenly very good at FB, or if he has a ridiculously good performance at RB.

I only saw Brooks in the game for two snaps vs. the Packers. When Benson Mayowa dominated backups, he got promoted. When Michael Brooks dominated backups, he didn't get promoted before essentially being benched. Maybe Brooks just got the short end of the stick because Seattle is jammed with DTs right now and it's nothing to read into, but I'm 99% sure that Brooks needs a huge game vs. Oakland to make the roster. I feel like the staff still hasn't noticed him yet, or perhaps they are trying to hide him to sneak him on the PS. Brooks is far superior to the rookie version of Jaye Howard last year, and they stashed Howard on the inactive portion of the roster. A year later, that's looking like a smart move. I hope Seattle makes it 2 for 2, but I'm nervous they will not.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Jeremy Lane is definitely on the bubble, and I think that his ST play is very good as a gunner, and I think he played reasonably well on the outside in spell of Browner. People here think that he looks confused in coverage, and I don't think he's a finished project, but I would hate to lose him to Jacksonville and then watch them make good use of him covering #2 WRs.

The problem is that I'm also rooting for Byron Maxwell, and I suspect that only one of these two guys is going to make the roster.

Mick063

Reaction score
Coleman, Mayowa, and Sealver Siliga.

In my mind, Lane and Maxwell both have made the roster.

Into regular season play, some random team finds injury issues at corner and Seattle trades Winfield to open room for a player to come off IR in week 6. Thurmond looks better than Winfield from my seat.

Just one of several possible scenarios, but a corner will likely be traded before it is all said and done.

Aerik

Reaction score
Lotulelei, high motor guy, at least throw him on ST.. plus he has sexy hair

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Brooks is definitely on my list, but I'm gonna go with Coleman. He needs to improve blocking, I agree, but he also seems like a stud on ST and a viable receiver.

Ware? I just don't know what to say. I'm praying we can hide him.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Phil Bates. Not much hope as we are stacked at receiver but he hustles and even tried at FB. A good showing might send him to the practice team.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Mayowa for sure, got tools and looks like he could play this game.

I like a lot of these fringe D players but keeping each with promise is impossible especially with Avril, Clemons, and Irvin out, with 3 spots spoken for not sure that Mayowa stays.

I like what I've seen from Ware and McGrath, like them to make it somehow.

McDonald has been solid at the nose as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is difficult with so many talented players on the edge, Bowie, Bailey, Ware, Brooks, Coleman, Harper. I would like to see Ware and Bailey stick and hope we can slip the rest thru to the PC or some way stash them.