Revis going after Sherman

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Well, I guess we can all eagerly await Sherman's response soon.

He told Jarrett Bell of USA Today that Sherman should stop the talk about being the best cornerback in football that started while Revis was hurt last season because “you can’t crown yourself as anything” in the NFL. He also suggested Sherman try to find a different way of building up his own game than by trying to tear down Revis.

“He needs to quit attaching his career to my career,” Revis said. “A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-sherman-stop-attaching-your-career-to-mine/

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2e91j0qn said:
I'll probably get crucified for this, but Revis kind of has a point here.

The problem is he is assuming that Sherman is the only one who was saying he's the best CB in the NFL. The media started it, they were talking about it all last year. Sherman just agreed with them.

TCS

Reaction score
Revis does have a point, but what he doesn't realize is that Sherman put the jedi mind trick on him and he's playing right into Sherman's hands. Sherman is a very smart man. He talks a big game in the off season to make himself relevant, along with the Hawks, then sits back while those whom he talked about keep it going, making him a continued storyline without having to be distracted during the season.

Marketing 101, and it's working.

Go Hawks!

tcs

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2wrs0jja said:

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"

sutz

Reaction score
Interesting.....it starts out:

It’s been a few months since we’ve had any salvos fired in the war of words that Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis and Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman engaged in earlier this year

Then goes to:

Sherman should stop the talk about being the best cornerback in football

So, he's saying that Sherm should stop doing what he hasn't been doing?

Anybody's irony meter go off on that little gem? :laugh:

Get your game in line, Reeve. The rest will follow.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cartire":sm41edx7 said:
Sarlacc83":sm41edx7 said:

Ill start.

1) Shermans last comment about Revis happened in February. The fact that Revis in the end of August is saying that Sherman needs to shut his mouth is stupid.

2) The whole twitter battle started when Sherman proclaimed to be the best CB (because of his stats) and didnt mention Revis as a top 5 corner (which then Revis responded and the whole fued started)

So no. Revis has no point. And worse, he has zero ability to see a baited question from a reporter coming. He should have replied with "That happened over 6 months ago. Why are you still talking about this?"

Agreed, strange timing for Revis to bring it back up. Get over it already.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":23szth01 said:
Sarlacc83":23szth01 said:

The problem is he is assuming that Sherman is the only one who was saying he's the best CB in the NFL. The media started it, they were talking about it all last year. Sherman just agreed with them.

Sherman tweeted his stats to Revis, didn't he?

Cartire":23szth01 said:
Sarlacc83":23szth01 said:

Ill start.

You didn't address what Revis said, though, and instead are arguing that he has no point based on motive.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Sounds like Revis is just trying to get some attention. It's Revis who know has to prove relevance in this league once again.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3vaa1dyn said:
HawkFan72":3vaa1dyn said:
Sarlacc83":3vaa1dyn said:

Sherman tweeted his stats to Revis, didn't he?

Negative. A follower asked Sherman why he left Revis out of his top 5 and Sherman said "@rpchudgar @revis24 he didn't play this year so when he does then he will be in it"

WHOA, WAR OF WORDS RIGHT THERE!!!! :sarcasm_off:

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
It's all media and what does he expect Sherman to say yeah i'm about the 4th best CB in the league you need a supreme confidence to play the position at an all-pro level. I think Revis is coming off an injury and he's whining becuase he is used to getting nothing but praise and is'nt used to the second guessing but he is not king of the hill anymore so his pride is hurt.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Eh, Revis is just butt hurt that he's no longer the uncontested top CB in the league. I can understand why Sherm has been saying what he has. He wanted recognition for being the best at what he does, but for whatever reason the media was still blithely infatuated with Revis, despite being sidelined for the season with a serious injury. In order to make an omelet, you've got to break a few eggs. Revis obviously craves the media attention and can't stand having the spotlight away from him.

Revis now has the burden of proving he's better than Sherman. The only way he can do that is by nutting up and playing some football. He can cry about recognition and swagger jacking later, when the statistics are there for all to see.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Sherman has been way over the top trying to force-feed people that he is the best. Revis' responses have been understandable.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":34vx7j2t said:
You didn't address what Revis said, though, and instead are arguing that he has no point based on motive.

He told Jarrett Bell of USA Today that Sherman should stop the talk about being the best cornerback in football that started while Revis was hurt last season because “you can’t crown yourself as anything” in the NFL. He also suggested Sherman try to find a different way of building up his own game than by trying to tear down Revis.

1. Stop the talk. Once again, what talk, this happened in February. The Talk has been stopped.

2. Trying to tear down Revis. Again, when did he do that? All he said is he didnt include him in his top 5 because he didnt play last year. Where in the world did he tear him down?

Did that answer your question?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's just mad because a 5th rounder will end up being even better than he ever was, and he was damn good. Next

uncle fester

Reaction score
For crying out loud - this is bored journalists trying to start it all up again.

Sherman hasn't said a word to the media since mini camp and now this? But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

How about we all pile on him because some gutter journo was looking for a headline. Great.

Cartire

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":52wtlud5 said:
Sherman has been way over the top trying to force-feed people that he is the best. Revis' responses have been understandable.

I dont understand this. He talks, but thats fine. Can you cite this force-feeding? Im pretty sure when your selected All-Pro by the AP, you are the best. Or the consensus is at least in your favor. So what exactly has he done wrong? So much more of this Sherman talk hate comes from the Media exploiting every thing he says into something it isnt. Just like this Revis Twitter battle that was BS from the start. But here comes the media to make a story out of nothing and feed the badboy scenario they love so much on Sherman.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Holy crap! Sherm hasn't said a word about this since Feb. Man, people are gullible. The media baited Revis and the rest of the idiots that agree with him BIG TIME.
The whole Twitter spat was started by Revis and not Sherman. In the SI article I read, the author said Sherm dissed Revis. WTF? He never did such a thing.