6 of 7 CBS "experts" pick Seattle to win division

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • And even better, Pete Prisco is the one who did not. He picked the 49ers.

2 of the 7 (Jason La Confora and Ryan Wilson) have us winning the Super Bowl, and a 3rd (Pat Kirwan) has us making the Super Bowl but losing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... win-it-all
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• With all the tough road games and San Francisco having all their tough games at home I am surprised...
    dopeboy206
    NET Starter

• Too much positivity :229031_banghead: :240039: !!!!!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• This sucks, let's have some bad news please!
    Having 6 of 7 CBS dudes pick us is like the Madden cover curse, the kiss of death. Thank god it wasn't all 7.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• Well, I for one think they're fools for not going 7/7 for the Rams to win the NFC West and Superbowl, all the other experts are on the bandwagon and Cook is the greatest of all time. The evidence is OVERWHELMING and clear. The Rams got better and 31 other teams only got worse.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• History shows us that the winner of the NFC West is going to the superbowl.

Six of seven guys pick us to win the division. So a coupla guys are wrong about us not going to the superbowl.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.

No need to be scared, Kip. They're chumps. We'll absolutely roll those creeps in that game. Their offense isn't going anywhere, and they have a weak-ass secondary that Russell will just love exploiting. Yes, their front-7 is decent, but I reckon we just leave a TE in there to help with blocking and let Russ air it out, mixing in a healthy dose of Lynch and Michael to keep them honest. Hawks win in week one. I guarantee it.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• There was as much optimism floating around prior to the first game at AZ this time last year. Carolina's team isn't much changed from the one that could've beaten us (but for Cam's final ??? throw into the dirt) last season.

Certainly not taking the Panthers for granted here.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• I never take a team for granted, but I'm very confident in this team. Light years better than last years opener at this time obviously and they're at the least newly established unlike last year where they were completely unknown.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• No such thing as curses
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm with Kip here,,,scared to death about this game.

Our season lives or dies on being able to handle a 10am start in the first game. If we win we come back and are fired up to beat ninnirs at home.

We lose and we could be the ones to start 0-2.

So yes its a worry. I know there are those of you that think the road thing is over, I'm not one of those yet. I'm hopeful we win but want to wait and play the game first.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Any time you open on the road it's tough, especially a 10am start. As good as this team is, they still have a lot to prove on the road. If they play like they did towards the end of last year, they should take the game.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I was confident going into AZ for the first game last year. This year more cautiously optimistic.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The 49ers first five games are brutal. Will determine a lot in my opinion.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• kearly wrote:The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.

Week one always scares me, especially on the road. Seems like the Seahawks always start out slow (ironically, except for the Jim Mora year). Many fans were 100% confident in a win against Arizona last year too.

I agree that if we can pull out a win, that will be a huge springboard for the game against the 49ers the next week and the rest of the year.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• olyfan63 wrote:This sucks, let's have some bad news please!
    Having 6 of 7 CBS dudes pick us is like the Madden cover curse, the kiss of death. Thank god it wasn't all 7.

LOL! I've had enough bad news this offseason with hamstrings, hips, knees, and ankles.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran

• Stupid east coast bias...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    kearly wrote:The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.

No need to be scared, Kip. They're chumps. We'll absolutely roll those creeps in that game. Their offense isn't going anywhere, and they have a weak-ass secondary that Russell will just love exploiting. Yes, their front-7 is decent, but I reckon we just leave a TE in there to help with blocking and let Russ air it out, mixing in a healthy dose of Lynch and Michael to keep them honest. Hawks win in week one. I guarantee it.

After reading their board, it appears they feel the same way as you, a lot of them don't feel they stand a chance, will have to see.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Their defense looks good, but I'd honestly be surprised if their offense even gets into the endzone against our defense. I see us winning this game 13-6. I know it's preseason, but nothing about that offense has looked sharp. They're going to need Newton to go off the reservation and ad lib all game, and I think we smack the crap out of him for doing it.

I'm actually more worried about SF week 2 than Carolina, and I respect that Panthers team.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:Stupid east coast bias...

For comparison, if the Jets had our personnel, ESPN would spin off a network devoted entirely to their season.
    formido
    NET Starter

• JSeahawks wrote:And even better, Pete Prisco is the one who did not. He picked the 49ers.

2 of the 7 (Jason La Confora and Ryan Wilson) have us winning the Super Bowl, and a 3rd (Pat Kirwan) has us making the Super Bowl but losing.

Before I opened this thread I said to myself I bet Pete Pissquick was the one that didn't pick Seattle. Now lets piss this twit off by winning the Lombardi! :)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Agreed.

Carolina is better than their record last year. Remember 7 out of the 9 games they lost last year were by 6 points or less. That's the mark of a team that just needs a little tweaking and experience.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    kearly wrote:The Carolina game scares the bejeezus out of me, but I think if Seattle clears that hurdle, they will get on a serious roll and it won't stop until we win the SB next February.

God gawd man, great posts lately! :th2thumbs: Agreed!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• CANHawk wrote:Stupid east coast bias...

Uh, they were voting on the NFC WEST. Any team they picked wouldn't have shown an East Coast bias..
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Our one Super Bowl season.. we started 0-1.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• mretrade wrote:The 49ers first five games are brutal. Will determine a lot in my opinion.

Yep. And yet, NO ONE is talking about this.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Defenses start out strongest at the beginning of the season. There offense isn't great, but we will probably start out flat. So I expect them to take an early lead. That said, I think by the second half we will shut them down and Lynch will wear them out so we will come back in the second half and win that game. 17-10 is my guess.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Those guys are all wrong with their AFC North picks. Cleveland will make the playoffs. They are the Seahawks of last year. A bunch of close losses last year and a lot of young talent.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• I'm scared of that Carolina game only in so much as bad performances on 10AM games ruin my day. If we stink at 1PM at least I got some things done in the morning...
    mrdaija
    NET Bench Warmer

• JSeahawks wrote:And even better, Pete Prisco is the one who did not. He picked the 49ers.

And of those "wins" they predict us winning by 2 TDs. Our one Superb Owl "loss" is predicted by 3.

GO Hawks!
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information