Sherman's latest article

C-Dub

Reaction score
The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When it comes to pay, everything is taken into consideration. If teams weren't allowed to practice, the players wouldn't be paid as much as they make now.

mretrade

Reaction score
Why^^ I think he has a decent point. His writing style is pretty good as well.

themunn

Reaction score
C-Dub":2j2u8rl8 said:
The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.

what about players that never make it past preseason

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
C-Dub":jgpajl6s said:

Incorrect. They don't get game checks till week 1.

They may get some money during training camp but the big checks start rolling in once the regular season starts.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Now what is really funny is when ol Roger hands out 21,000.00 fines for illegal hits to players getting NFL per diem in pre season.

razor150

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3hn6uq05 said:
C-Dub":3hn6uq05 said:

Incorrect. They don't get game checks till week 1.

They may get some money during training camp but the big checks start rolling in once the regular season starts.

It is funny how posters here who've never played a down in the NFL think they know more about how a player gets paid then the actual player.

pehawk

Reaction score
Did anyone read the article?

The vets get per diem, and checks don't come until AFTER week one of the regular season. Its a valid point by Sherman. Of course to see his point you need to get past your own "paycheck" envy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Says the man who used teachers as an example? No offense, Ro, but that just sounds petty. Anyone worth their weight in spit will make more than a teacher by age 25, most by 21 or so. And, that wont require the mandatory 3% paycuts (last two years) and $250K in education costs to make that tiny salary. Hell, most still have to fork over $5k-$10K, annually, in continuing education costs (non reimbursable).

Teaching as a profession isn't germane to the argument, really.

To truly digest and comprehend what Sherman's saying, first thing READ THE ARTICLE. Second, think about your own profession. If you had to; work for free (while risking paralysis) and know your peers (MLB, NBA, NHL) have guaranteed contracts, make more money, have better after care, pensions, healthcare, etc. you'd gripe a bit too. Rightfully so.

Now its the players fault, really. They bent over, like they always do come CBA time. But, Sherman has a valid point.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't think you comprehend the comparison that I was making, which I also thought was obvious. Teachers get paid a year's salary in checks handed out over ~9 months. Players get a year's salary handed out over ~4-5 months.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jh7ybr6 said:
I don't think you comprehend the comparison that I was making, which I also thought was obvious. Teachers get paid a year's salary in checks handed out over ~9 months. Players get a year's salary handed out over ~4-5 months.

My bad.

Hey, for whatever reason I ALWAYS end up dating teachers. Put me anywhere, and I'll find the single teacher in the group. Very ironic.

My apologies...

Carry on...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2y8dbok4 said:
If they make the team. a bunch of these guys won't get any game checks.