Sherman's latest article

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:18 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.

I bet people would pay me at least 3 cents to watch me land this tug and barge.

i'd pay at least 3 cents if you let ME drive the tug and barge...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:59 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.

i'd pay at least 3 cents if you let ME drive the tug and barge...

Now you are getting outside your pay grade.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:05 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Sherman is flat out wrong. If the NFLPA wants to cut up the game checks into 20 checks instead of 16, then that's fine, but it's not going to change the total compensation of each player's contract.

So to say they should get paid for pre-season games is stupid. It's like a teacher's salary, you can have it all in the nine months you work, or we can spread it out over the entire year.............but the total amount isn't going to change.

If I was Sherman, I would have focused on screwing over the fans, not the players.

Isn't there enough written from a fans perspective?

Where? I see media side, coaches side, players side.......not too many fans writing for major publications.

If there's one thing I know, pro athletes complaining about getting paid more doesn't usually go over too well with the average fan working 70 hour weeks and making 40k a year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:

You should call Discovery channel. Perhaps there is some reality show you could be involved in. World's 2,345th Most Dangerous Job or something like that.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:

You should call Discovery channel. Perhaps there is some reality show you could be involved in. World's 2,345th Most Dangerous Job or something like that.

Well my job isn't as dangerous as barefoot diamond mining by the impoverished in Africa but it definitely ranks as out of the ordinary.

I am also happy to say that it's been a few years since we have had a fatality.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:56 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

hostile towards their existence off the field? im not sure how thats relevant to anything i said.

i love how so many athletes werent supposed to make it to where they are, the genetic lottery is a hell of a thing.

im not sure where i trashed his character, if you actually read my jumbled post clearly i said i think hes a smart guy. abusing the context to make yourself sound more intelligent/correct, exactly what i meant.

my main point is, athletes take risks of being hurt in the off season and preseason..so they can get paid big. yes theres a risk, but theres a huge reward. im unsure why you feel thats unfair? so no i didnt agree with him.

hm people dont want to hear rich people complain about money, is this really mind blowing to you? get a grip man, you took my whole post personally im not sure why. maybe the know it all comment cut deep for some reason.....

i apologize if i upset any of shermans great defenders on here. i like the guy, i dont take what he has to say too serious because everyone in the world wants more money.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Sherman is flat out wrong. If the NFLPA wants to cut up the game checks into 20 checks instead of 16, then that's fine, but it's not going to change the total compensation of each player's contract.

So to say they should get paid for pre-season games is stupid. It's like a teacher's salary, you can have it all in the nine months you work, or we can spread it out over the entire year.............but the total amount isn't going to change.

This is what I was trying to say. You did a much better job of putting my thoughts into words.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information