Sherman's latest article

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Richard Sherman has a new article up at MMQB, this time talking about injuries and pay in the preseason.

    http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/27/richard-s ... -injuries/
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6595
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:12 pm
  • The players don't get paid for preseason? wtf?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19226
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:19 pm
  • The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    User avatar
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:02 pm
  • When it comes to pay, everything is taken into consideration. If teams weren't allowed to practice, the players wouldn't be paid as much as they make now.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2530
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:47 pm
  • Meh. Sherman can stop now.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2957
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Why^^ I think he has a decent point. His writing style is pretty good as well.
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:21 pm
  • C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    what about players that never make it past preseason
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2536
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:42 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Meh. Sherman can stop now.

    Why? He has a valid point.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 pm
  • I think Mr. Sherman better F***ing adapt.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 pm
  • C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    Incorrect. They don't get game checks till week 1.

    They may get some money during training camp but the big checks start rolling in once the regular season starts.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9737
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:53 pm
  • Now what is really funny is when ol Roger hands out 21,000.00 fines for illegal hits to players getting NFL per diem in pre season.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:00 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    Incorrect. They don't get game checks till week 1.

    They may get some money during training camp but the big checks start rolling in once the regular season starts.


    It is funny how posters here who've never played a down in the NFL think they know more about how a player gets paid then the actual player.
    User avatar
    razor150
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1823
    Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm
  • Players don't get paid for the preseason like school teachers don't get paid for the summer.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:23 pm
  • Did anyone read the article?

    The vets get per diem, and checks don't come until AFTER week one of the regular season. Its a valid point by Sherman. Of course to see his point you need to get past your own "paycheck" envy.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Of course to see his point you need to get past your own "paycheck" envy.

    Most people won't, while claiming it was never an issue in the first place.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm
  • Says the man who used teachers as an example? No offense, Ro, but that just sounds petty. Anyone worth their weight in spit will make more than a teacher by age 25, most by 21 or so. And, that wont require the mandatory 3% paycuts (last two years) and $250K in education costs to make that tiny salary. Hell, most still have to fork over $5k-$10K, annually, in continuing education costs (non reimbursable).

    Teaching as a profession isn't germane to the argument, really.

    To truly digest and comprehend what Sherman's saying, first thing READ THE ARTICLE. Second, think about your own profession. If you had to; work for free (while risking paralysis) and know your peers (MLB, NBA, NHL) have guaranteed contracts, make more money, have better after care, pensions, healthcare, etc. you'd gripe a bit too. Rightfully so.

    Now its the players fault, really. They bent over, like they always do come CBA time. But, Sherman has a valid point.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 pm
  • I don't think you comprehend the comparison that I was making, which I also thought was obvious. Teachers get paid a year's salary in checks handed out over ~9 months. Players get a year's salary handed out over ~4-5 months.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:42 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I don't think you comprehend the comparison that I was making, which I also thought was obvious. Teachers get paid a year's salary in checks handed out over ~9 months. Players get a year's salary handed out over ~4-5 months.


    My bad.

    Hey, for whatever reason I ALWAYS end up dating teachers. Put me anywhere, and I'll find the single teacher in the group. Very ironic.

    My apologies...

    Carry on...
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:43 pm
  • S'all good. :) I take it you had a serious crush on one of your teachers in junior high, or something?
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I don't think you comprehend the comparison that I was making, which I also thought was obvious. Teachers get paid a year's salary in checks handed out over ~9 months. Players get a year's salary handed out over ~4-5 months.

    If they make the team. a bunch of these guys won't get any game checks.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:52 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:S'all good. :) I take it you had a serious crush on one of your teachers in junior high, or something?


    Mary K. Letourneau was his teacher?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19226
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Nope, never had a crush on a teacher. I think it works opposite, actually. I was the juvenile delinquent they could never reach, like Michelle Pfeifer did in "Dangerous Minds". All those broads wanted to be her.

    The male teachers I dated wanted to be Edward J Olmos.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:59 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:S'all good. :) I take it you had a serious crush on one of your teachers in junior high, or something?


    Mary K. Letourneau was his teacher?

    Zing. I actually know a chick who jailed with her.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    what about players that never make it past preseason

    Whatever it says in the contract.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    User avatar
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    Incorrect. They don't get game checks till week 1.

    They may get some money during training camp but the big checks start rolling in once the regular season starts.

    See this is where you are wrong. True they don't get paid till week 1, but part of that play is for training camp, practice, and preseason.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    User avatar
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 pm
  • Wow Florio slammed him. That almost sounds like its personal
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 pm
  • C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    Except they don't really. You split the salary on regular season and when suspended one game that matters...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3549
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Players don't get paid for the preseason like school teachers don't get paid for the summer.


    Honestly, I just scrolled through because I knew most posts would be the same, and this was the first one I saw that really made me laugh.

    You just can't compare the two. Teachers aren't possibly losing their jobs because their employers are putting them in a situation that could make them lose the ability to perform said job. Owners are making a shit ton of money from preseason games because of the ticket sales, beer sales, food sales, etc. etc. etc. You can hate on player wages all you want, but the owners make WAY too much in comparison.

    As NFL Network's commercial says, "PAY THAT MAN!"

    C-Dub wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    C-Dub wrote:The players get paid for preseason. It's in their salary. Just split player salaries into 24 weeks or so to factor in camp, preseason, and the regular season. Simple fix.


    Incorrect. They don't get game checks till week 1.

    They may get some money during training camp but the big checks start rolling in once the regular season starts.

    See this is where you are wrong. True they don't get paid till week 1, but part of that play is for training camp, practice, and preseason.


    Just wondering. If they get cut after an injury, do they get all of that money? I'm really not sure.
    Last edited by MrCarey on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1680
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:46 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Wow Florio slammed him. That almost sounds like its personal


    Florio spent more time mildly insulting Sherman than anything.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1680
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:49 am
  • I can cry all day how my CEO made ten million in bonuses last year and I only got a 12 cent increase. Nobody who leads my industry is gonna give a flip. Like Mr. Sherman, I am the one in the trenches. A compliance error (aka blown knee) or ethics violation ( a dope rap) ends my job without a second glance. I don't get a 4-6 week time out, I don't get rehab and a chance to lead my team again. I don't get paid for the rest of the year even though they have no intention of bringing me back. I'm out on the street, with a scarlet letter no less.

    If I could do a titty bump off my CFO's trophy wife who is half MY age and only have to take few weeks off work, I'd be all over that.

    A pro jock bitching about inequities, is damn right hilarious.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1454
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 am
  • NoChops wrote:I can cry all day how my CEO made ten million in bonuses last year and I only got a 12 cent increase. Nobody who leads my industry is gonna give a flip. Like Mr. Sherman, I am the one in the trenches. A compliance error (aka blown knee) or ethics violation ( a dope rap) ends my job without a second glance. I don't get a 4-6 week time out, I don't get rehab and a chance to lead my team again. I don't get paid for the rest of the year even though they have no intention of bringing me back. I'm out on the street, with a scarlet letter no less.

    If I could do a titty bump off my CFO's trophy wife who is half MY age and only have to take few weeks off work, I'd be all over that.

    A pro jock bitching about inequities, is damn right hilarious.

    And fans who fall back on the tired old "athletes have it so good, they should just shut up" rap are jealous balloon knots.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:16 am
  • not jealous at all, happy for the guy, and hope he keeps writing his opinion. But Im not gonna feel bad for him for having to get by on a little less once in a while, we all do it. Like I said, Mr. Sherman and I can go out and do an 8 ball tomorrow, he gets a time out, I become homeless. He can say what he wants, but Id hope he might keep a little perspective.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1454
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:26 am
  • I find his point interesting they get $1500 a week in preseason but still risk the same injuries as regular season. He also was making an example that while they get paid dramatically less the owners don't really charge that much less of the fans at the games, in comparison.
    User avatar
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 812
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 pm
  • Florio is nitpicking. Sherman's overall message is on point.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11276
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 pm
  • Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 253
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:42 pm
  • You tell em Sherman! Great article! :th2thumbs:
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 pm
  • I just don't see how pre-season games aren't factored into the amount the player gets paid. If there were no pre-season games, the checks the players get for the actual games would be less. Pre-season games generate revenue, and ultimately raises the ceiling for the amount players can get paid. Just because a contract doesn't specify getting paid for preseason games, doesn't mean they aren't a factor in determining a player's salary. I see a salary as everything...being part of the team, adhering to NFL rules, playing in games, training camp, etc.

    I suppose this could affect players who play in pre-season and then get cut before the actual season, but not players like Sherman.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2530
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:51 am
  • Sherm is a bawse. Him and Russell are going to be presidents one day. Florio is a clown who doesn't even know that the good Zack Miller doesn't play for the Bucs.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11469
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:26 am
  • Wait a second. I back the players 99% of the time in these arguments. I believe they shouldn't even have owners. But I don't get at all where Sherman is coming from.

    Is he implying they should take the contracts they negotiated and agreed to, knowing full well that the preseason was part of the deal, and shred them? Then redo the contracts, automatically giving the players more money?

    Or is he implying that they should lessen the amounts of the regular season game checks and spread the salary over 20 checks instead of 16?
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1515
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 am
  • Sherman is flat out wrong. If the NFLPA wants to cut up the game checks into 20 checks instead of 16, then that's fine, but it's not going to change the total compensation of each player's contract.

    So to say they should get paid for pre-season games is stupid. It's like a teacher's salary, you can have it all in the nine months you work, or we can spread it out over the entire year.............but the total amount isn't going to change.

    If I was Sherman, I would have focused on screwing over the fans, not the players.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3541
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:10 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Sherman is flat out wrong. If the NFLPA wants to cut up the game checks into 20 checks instead of 16, then that's fine, but it's not going to change the total compensation of each player's contract.

    So to say they should get paid for pre-season games is stupid. It's like a teacher's salary, you can have it all in the nine months you work, or we can spread it out over the entire year.............but the total amount isn't going to change.

    If I was Sherman, I would have focused on screwing over the fans, not the players.


    Isn't there enough written from a fans perspective?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10494
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    A pro jock bitching about inequities, is damn right hilarious.

    And fans who fall back on the tired old "athletes have it so good, they should just shut up" rap are jealous balloon knots.[/quote]


    my mind is absolutely blown so many of you are agreeing with sherm. no risk, no reward. plain and simple, thats how life works. this is absolutely hilarious how you butt kissers are so pathetic you want pros to strike deals to get even more benefits than you do in life. Most of you are grown men and you can see no wrong in all of sherms actions just cause hes on your fav football team lolllllllll. Sherm is a smart guy, i would be more than willing to bet he put the fan part in as a PR note nothing more btw. Lets not pretend this isnt about getting more money, which is fine, thats expected. but to play the whole injury pitty card is a horrible (and pretty much his only) argument. Keep in perspective, this is why its a huge advantage to get free schooling for being an athlete in college, these guys have no excuse as to not having a fallback. Despite your pathetic efforts of feeling for this guy, i hope you all realize how most of these guys have had it on easy mode their entire life for being athletes, most of these guys were probably babied by coaches since 9th grade or younger. Life hasnt been hard for them, hell even look at bruce, do you think his story would be the same/ hed get as many chances by people if he wasnt a freak athlete? statistics say otherwise. being jealous is besides the point, and is a rather ignorant remark to be made to someone that disagrees. im sure i wont get a response/or just get shot down, ive noticed how all the pompous know it alls act on here, just wanted to share my 2cents, take care.

    p.s. i support checks being spread evenly through each year, but i HIGHLY doubt thats why he wrote this.
    Mr.Hawkbrah
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 348
    Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:50 pm


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 am
  • Mr.Hawkbrah wrote:
    my mind is absolutely blown so many of you are agreeing with sherm. no risk, no reward. plain and simple, thats how life works. this is absolutely hilarious how you butt kissers are so pathetic you want pros to strike deals to get even more benefits than you do in life. Most of you are grown men and you can see no wrong in all of sherms actions just cause hes on your fav football team lolllllllll. Sherm is a smart guy, i would be more than willing to bet he put the fan part in as a PR note nothing more btw. Lets not pretend this isnt about getting more money, which is fine, thats expected. but to play the whole injury pitty card is a horrible (and pretty much his only) argument. Keep in perspective, this is why its a huge advantage to get free schooling for being an athlete in college, these guys have no excuse as to not having a fallback. Despite your pathetic efforts of feeling for this guy, i hope you all realize how most of these guys have had it on easy mode their entire life for being athletes, most of these guys were probably babied by coaches since 9th grade or younger. Life hasnt been hard for them, hell even look at bruce, do you think his story would be the same/ hed get as many chances by people if he wasnt a freak athlete? statistics say otherwise. being jealous is besides the point, and is a rather ignorant remark to be made to someone that disagrees. im sure i wont get a response/or just get shot down, ive noticed how all the pompous know it alls act on here, just wanted to share my 2cents, take care.

    p.s. i support checks being spread evenly through each year, but i HIGHLY doubt thats why he wrote this.


    Zzzzzzzzz. Paragraph breaks are our friends.

    You sound like the biggest know it all of them all. Too bad all of that was so unintelligible, it's hard to know for sure.
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    User avatar
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 228
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:09 am
  • Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

    Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

    Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

    Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

    The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 am
  • I dunno about the article, what i do know about richard sherman is that he's taken his loud mouth antics and used the fame they've given him to spend an entire offseason doing more fundraisers and charity work than I've ever heard of a player doing in one offseason, and probably more than most do in a career.

    There are ALWAYS going to be more people who love him for his swagger, confidence, play, and trash talk than who don't like him for it, therefore I hope he keeps it up.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2818
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

    Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

    Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

    Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

    The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.


    I bet people would pay me at least 3 cents to watch me land this tug and barge.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9737
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:15 am
  • I think all he is trying to say is...if the fans pay regular season prices to go to the pre-season games, then the players should get paid to play said pre-season game at full price. (My counter would be...they typically do not play the FULL pre-season game...)

    GO HAWKS!!
    Image
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1137
    Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am
    Location: Spanaway, WA


Re: Sherman's latest article
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:39 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Bring it, Hawkbrah. I dabble in pompous know it all all the time. Glad you noticed.

    Still, I have to wonder why you even tune in to watch football, seeing as you're kind of hostile to their existence off the field. I assume you actually watch the games, right?

    Of course, I can't help but notice that the one guy you chose to pick on worked his ass off to get out of the LA ghetto and be the first guy from his school to go to Stanford. Hardly sounds like he had it easy.

    Fan resentment is a weird thing. Cheer for the guy while he makes a play, then trash his character when he says anything about more money. Compare his job and situation to your own, without seeming to realize not one damn person would pay 3 cents to watch you show off your talents.

    The best part, you actually agree with him about what should be done, but still trash him because you don't like...anything, apparently.


    +1

    I'm going to go slit my wrists now. The realization that I'm not only pathetic, but a butt kisser ta boot, is too much for me too bear. :sarcasm_off:

    Clean it up, man.

    Go Hawks!

    tcs
    Bleeding Silver and Blue since 1982...
    User avatar
    TCS
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 108
    Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


Next


It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online