Cutdown Dates/league events - 8/22 - 9/24

chris98251

Reaction score
August 22-25 Third Preseason Weekend.
August 27 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players
August 28 All tryouts on this date and for the remainder of the season must be reported to the League
August 29 Final Preseason Games.
August 31 August 31 -- Prior to 6:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

August 31 Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

September 1 Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00
September 1 Beginning at 12:00 p.m., New York time, clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an Accrued Season of free agency credit or who were on the 46-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Seasons. A player cannot serve on the Practice Squad for more than three seasons.
September 1 Final day of preseason training camp for all clubs, as defined in CBA Article 23, Section 9.
September 3 After 4:00 p.m., New York time, a club is permitted to place a player on Reserve/Injured as "Designated for Return."

September 4 At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for all NFL Player Contracts, Practice Player Contracts, tender offers, and miscellaneous amounts to fit within each Club’s 2013 Salary Cap, in anticipation of the midnight expiration of the Top 51 Rule.
September 5 At 12:00 a.m., New York time, the Top 51 Rule expires for all NFL Clubs.
September 5, 8-9 Regular Season opens.
September 24 Beginning on the Tuesday following the third weekend of regular season games, the claiming priority is based on the inverse order of the standing of clubs in the current season’s games.

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Notable for me is my return to Seattle for my honeymoon. We arrive Sep. 8th and fly out the 17th.

Thank you to Riley 12 for the tickets to the Hawk destruction of SF on national T.V. as a wedding present.

It is just another reason why this place ROCKS !!!.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Bumping this since it's relevant and cuts will be forthcoming.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I expect the Hawk phone lines to be burning to trade rather than cut. Candidates for trades I see: Guy,maxwell , Morgan, Turbin ( allows us to keep ware and I can't see making our Rookie inactive with his skills ) several D lineman A WR maybe. Trades are not easy but they happen

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Graham Harrell-GB/QB just got cut. Is he the first? Happy for V. young

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm assuming we will be looking at the TE's that get released. The Bengals just released TE Richard Quinn, who was on my radar for TE's that are on the bubble. Quinn is still young at 26 years old and he has decent size 6-4 264 lbs. Coming out of college he was considered one of the better blocking TE's in the draft, with very little production as a pass catcher. He has 4 years in the NFL with only one catch to his name, but we could just keep him in to block in two TE sets.

A few other TE's that may be on the bubble that I like for the Seahawks are Packers TE DJ Williams, Packers TE Andrew Quarless, Eagles TE Clay Harbor, and Eagles TE James Casey.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
I think any moves teams make that we covet will be the next wave of cuts. This time of year is almost as stress filled as the draft.