Kirwin's Seahawk Camp Report

sutz

Reaction score
Nice read. Thanx for the link!

:th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
If Clemons really is going to be ready for the first game, the team will have to make a big gamble and take him off the PUP at the cut-down to 53. If he stays on the PUP, he is ineligible to play until Game 6 I believe. How doe they handle this call will be very important. They take him off PUP and he isn't able to go, do they cut another position player to re-sign a DL player they had to cut to make room for him?

I cannot believe Harper is seen as making the squad while most outsiders (bloggers) think there is no way he makes the team. Kirwin did have the voices of the decision makers at his call. Hmmm.

hawker84

Reaction score
drdiags":28981kjb said:
If Clemons really is going to be ready for the first game, the team will have to make a big gamble and take him off the PUP at the cut-down to 53. If he stays on the PUP, he is ineligible to play until Game 6 I believe. How doe they handle this call will be very important. They take him off PUP and he isn't able to go, do they cut another position player to re-sign a DL player they had to cut to make room for him?

I cannot believe Harper is seen as making the squad while most outsiders (bloggers) think there is no way he makes the team. Kirwin did have the voices of the decision makers at his call. Hmmm.

You almost have to take him off it right? unless he has some kind of setback between now and then. If he's indeed ready to go by say even week 3, you can't have him still stuck on the shelf.. interesting delima..

seahawks08

Reaction score
Yes well rounded, he still thinks 11 and 5, I am sure that may not give us home field advantage during playoffs. Well they are practicing for 10 am games. But I think starting slow in Atlanta did make a difference and I could tell back to back road games and and early 10 am game does fake a toll. What I like in Pete is his mantra. It is what it is, there are things set up where we have no control over. What we have is to always give our best and instead of saying well it would be nice if it was not a 10 am game. He never blames the situation and always has something positive to say.

OP
OP
Trenchbroom

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
seahawks08":3o6zeody said:
Yes well rounded, he still thinks 11 and 5, I am sure that may not give us home field advantage during playoffs.

I think the NFC is so tough with so many good teams that if any team reaches 11-5 they've got home field advantage.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I like this idea...
9. Improving the road record: Last season, the Seahawks lost six road games, including the playoffs, and averaged only 18 points in those losses. Russell Wilson said noise on the road is not an excuse for any offense and intends to get this issue fixed. Carroll has practice every day during camp at 10 a.m., which coincides with a 1 p.m. start on the East Coast.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's all about the now, but this look-ahead is awesome:

Player-coach in the making: Not many players I interview jump out at me as coaching candidates. But talking football with fullback Michael Robinson breaks that mold... Mark my words: This guy will fly up the coaching ladder when he's finished playing.

I would love to see Mike Rob go straight from playing to being a position coach with our Hawks, and moving up the ranks. He could be an all-around offensive QC guy, a RB coach, a QB coach, etc. It would be way cool to see him become our OC someday, or take over for Pete in 10 years or so.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nice article. 11-5 does make sense to win the division like the NFC South the NFC has at least 3 good teams in them and the fourth isn't any slouch.

13thMan

Reaction score
I hate to say it but... as I mentioned in another thread, I think it's going to take 12 or 13 wins just to win this division so... If 11-5 is what is generally accepted as the prognosis for this team, I have a feeling the road to the SB will be very similar to last year.... Oh well, just get us to the playoffs and we have a chance!