Carroll: Avril can be two weeks, Carpenter "couple of weeks"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Carpenter!!!! Seriously!!!

Man be it the Mariners or the Seahawks, let's just stay away from Free Agents. I mean, should we have a thread of our favorite free agent signings.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Zach Miller.
    oasis
    NET Starter

• oasis wrote:Zach Miller.

Wait, is he your example of a good free agent signing?
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• They are taking a "conservative" approach with these two.

Read: We have so much talent behind them, we can afford to do this.

I am beginning to think that shelving Harvin was a lesser version of this. We don't HAVE to have these guys right now; that's how reliable our depth is. Might as well let them heal and then let Avril play maybe in the third game, hopefully in the last game of the exhibition season.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Carp is always "healing"
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

• In Pete's own words, they are just taking advantage of the time frame. No reason to rush anything so they aren't.

Shock2k wrote:
    oasis wrote:Zach Miller.

Definitely. His contract isn't the most efficient, but he's been good for us and right now he's become one of the most critical starters on offense (if he can't play from injury, we are screwed). Sidney Rice is a similar story.

Raheem Brock was a free agent and had a career year with us. Brandon Stokely was a nice, low cost pickup. BMW had a nice 2010 season. Giacomini and McQuistan have been solid starters at bargain prices. Jason Jones was good when healthy. Brandon Browner was a free agent out of the CFL. Michael Robinson was a free agent after being released by the 49ers. Alan Branch gave us two solid seasons at moderate cost. Tjack did a solid job as a bridge QB and netted us a draft pick before returning as a quality low cost backup.

Michael Bennett looked like the best player on our entire defense against the Chargers. Our top WR in that same game was a FA from Arizona (Stephen Williams).

Avril will probably be good, based on his talent and track record. Ditto Antoine Winfield.

I dunno, I look at Seattle's track record in FA under PC/JS and it is probably the best in the league, in terms of contribution per dollar. They've found some very good players and also some great bargains.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Yeah, Miller's one of my favorite players. I'd get his jersey if this wasn't a "young talent" type team that would likely make him expendable sooner rather than later. Still get goosebumps from his 3rd down conversions against the redskins.
    oasis
    NET Starter

• We're not the only NFL team to have "nicked up" players. That's just part of the game. Avoiding the serious, season ending injuries is the key factor.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Shock2k wrote:
    oasis wrote:Zach Miller.

Facepalm...Another guy that thinks tight ends suck if they're not catching seventy passes every year...

Zach Miller has had to block a ton for us, and has never complained once; and has done a very solid job at blocking. Don't underestimate him.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Zach Miller will be here to start the season for the hawks. He is a veteran resting his body, that doesn't need to play threw injuries in the preseason. People are acting like this preseason game is the first game of the season. If someone has a prick on there finger, there not going to play. Its not like a regular season injury report, where wins matter and people have to play threw injuries.
    cockeyhawk
    NET Rookie

• Shock, What is your problem with Miller, his contract, his run blocking, his foot injury? His skills as a TE are not just restricted to one part of the game and he is an integral part of our running game along with being a reliable pass catcher inside and on the seams. In all he's a rare total package TE. He's very important to the team.

Maybe his contact is expensive and perhaps the team slightly overpaid but he answered a real problem the team needed answering when he was signed. You need to go back to 2010 and examine who was available, what we had at TE and what we wanted to do. examined fairly I think he was a good signing, he's been quite dependable if you look at his record. At this point we know exactly what we have with him and so does RW, the team is better when he plays he has to be accounted for by an opposing D.

I want him to be healthy when the games start to count.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Miller doesn't miss a bunch of games, he'll be there, and he's be a huge contributor.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Carp is starting to become Marcus Tubbs 2.0, but with that said when we had an injured Marcus Tubbs we also had a Superbowl app.

Miller would be perfect if he was making half as much as he is now. Good player when healthy, but for the most part completely over priced at this point.

Thankfully we have some great depth (so far, 1 game of preseason to look at) and hopefully these guys can come fill in for any injuries. I know I saw a lot of good things from the preseason game, but it was just one game. I just hope everyone stays healthy.
    McG
    NET Veteran

• Crap..........injury bug anyone?
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:Crap..........injury bug anyone?

No, grow up
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• It's August 12th, geezus
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Miller doesn't miss a bunch of games, he'll be there, and he's be a huge contributor.

This. It's not even the 2nd preseason game! What matters is getting those to ready for Carolina not Denver, Green Bay, or Oakland.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• How the hell did this devolve into a Miller Bashing thread. Miller is a warrior. He proved that last season finishing out with Plantar Fasciitis for crying out loud. Carpenter is fragile, of that there can be no question at this point.
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Crap..........injury bug anyone?

No, grow up

you can't make me! Lol
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• He's about to call you a poopie head in 3....2....1.... :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Carpenter is very close to being a bust. We have gotten so little from him. That being true we are used to playing without him.

My bigger concern is Zack. We go two TE alot and without him our heavy run packages will suffer.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Carpenter is very close to being a bust. We have gotten so little from him. That being true we are used to playing without him.

My bigger concern is Zack. We go two TE alot and without him our heavy run packages will suffer.

With all the talk about the Seahawks depth at all positions this off season, TE is the glaring exception! High hopes for Willson, McCoy gives me cause for alarm.
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks.net. Recapturing the magic of 2012. Or, at least, the first half of it...
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Lets not throw a party the next time crapenter manages to practice two days in a row
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

• Carp is coming off of an extended layoff. We should expect nagging stuff like feet, ankles, etc. until his legs get into game shape. This is probably nothing more than a minor strain that the FO is just resting so it doesn't get worse.

Thing is, with this much young talent on our OL, it's very possible that the coaching staff could just get impatient, or that we need the roster spot too badly, or Carp just gets pushed out by a younger, healthier player. He's got a ton of potential, but you can't realize potential on the sidelines.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information