Which one would you keep?

• Maxwell

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Lane

Votes: 61 64.2%

• Total voters

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Now, lets pretend that we had to choose between one of these young CBs. If you could only keep one, who would you pick and why?

Both looked good when they had to replace Tru/Browner/Thurmond late last season and Maxwell had a great game last night.

Axx

Reaction score
Maxwell
you shouuld probably turn on the poll feature.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lane, dude has already played significant time at CB and looked good in doing so.

themunn

Reaction score
lane's speed as a special teams gunner has always impressed me, and that gives him the edge over Maxwell at this moment for me - though I think Maxwell is the slightly better corner, as both are backups behind Sherman, Browner, Winfield and possibly Thurmond, that part of their skillset is less important

C-Dub

Reaction score
I'm goin with the guy that's actually played well in real games. Lane.

the_12th_man

Reaction score
Not sold on Maxwell after 1 preseason game. Though if he keeps up what he was doing then I'll change my vote. Not that it really matters, were talking about the 5th corner on our roster.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Lane...he made some critical plays on ST last year and filled in well for the other guys

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lane showed last season that he is a starting caliber corner. Both of these guys could start on some other teams. Edge to Lane.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I chose lane due to the fact he filled in for BB last year and I felt he did fine.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know. Every time I see Lane on the camp videos this year he always seems to be in good position but doesn't make a play. The result is the receiver just hauls it in. Gives me flashbacks of Kelly Jennings.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say Lane as he's been consistently better for longer.

Maxwell is flashing more lately, as an above poster said, Lane is always in position, but doesn't seem to make a play.

Maxwell has played in some games, but hasn't really flashed like Lane has.

JKent82

Reaction score
Gotta say Lane, he's faster and more importantly he's much more fluid. Maxwell has always seemed tight. Brings better special teams play, has an extra year of control, and already has more real game experience than Maxwell.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Maxwell right now is more the quick twitch, big tough athlete that he was drafted to be that also happens to run a 4.4. That said, Lane is also a 4.4 guy that has really fluid hips and can also play tough.

I could not make this decision.

Right now.

And like I've said previously, at this point I'd rather keep both over Thurmond due to future projection.

That said, in a right state of mind it is wrong to decide any combination of the three at this very moment. That waits for a while. There is more empirical data to be had.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Lane is more valuable in that he is a great special teams player. Maxwell is a better DB IMO. Both stay low cap numbers and talent

themunn

Reaction score
Hawks46":2h2l622v said:
I'd say Lane as he's been consistently better for longer.

Maxwell is flashing more lately, as an above poster said, Lane is always in position, but doesn't seem to make a play.

Maxwell has played in some games, but hasn't really flashed like Lane has.

In fairness I don't really think that's true, Lane has been a consistently better Special Teamer (which is why I think he holds more value), but both have been just about equal at corner - though I think Maxwell holds the edge due (a few pass deflections and a forced fumble last year to Lane's 0 for both, despite fewer games). Maxwell has shown an ability to actually hit and tackle - I'll never forget Lane chasing down that punt against SF(?) where he got to the returner the same time the ball and delivered the big hit... and bounced off of him. Impressive and hilarious in equal measures.

Fortunately I don't think we'll have to make the choice, as both will be with the team this year