anyone else forced to listen to the Chargers announcers?

rightbench

Reaction score
Did anyone else have to watch half the game on mute because Dan Fouts and Mr Charger unknown former player were either drooling over the Chargers mediocre plays like the immaculate reception reborn, having awkward silences for long periods of time, or having members of the Chargers FO and chefs from the stadium come in and talk. Not to mention, every 5 minutes they were begging for people to buy season tickets. I know they're not a great team but dang.... seems a bit desperate.

I don't mind if everything you say is from a Chargers fan's point of View, but I live in LA not San Diego, and I was watching on CBS, not Charger channel. I hope that no one else had the unfortunate displeasure of these guys. Seemed like whoever the former charger was couldn't even string a complete sentence together, and every time they had a 4 yard run it was FANTASTIC and EPIC.

BLARG!!! Rant over...

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had them for the whole game. I don't mind Fouts as an analyst on CBS, but he SUCKS as a play-by-play guy. He made so many errors, and yes, was a complete Chargers homer.

When we were setting up for the FG at the end of the first half, he referenced the "Fail Mary". :roll: Also on that play, he said our center on the play was "Clent Grisham".

OP
OP
rightbench

rightbench

Reaction score
yea I laughed about that. the other guy seemed to have a glass of bourbon and wasn't interested in talking at all... I think he must have had binoculars and been staring out the window the whole time.

Axx

Reaction score
It's almost as bad as having to listen to Warren Moon

SDHawk

Reaction score
Yup. Kept saying TJack to SJax (Williams).

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I thought the Seahawks crew was meh but watching replay on NFL live, holy hell did the Chargers staff suck. Referring to the Chargers RT as defensive end when the Chargers were on offense, blowing smoke up Teo's butt(non-factor, I forgot he was even on the Chargers team until I watched the NFL live replay), etc. Speaking of which, outside of Rivers, I didn't see San Diego accomplish much inspiring play from the looks of it and it got way worse than that once Seattle's depth was outclassing them.

Sounded like a funeral procession with that crew commentary.

SeaChase

Reaction score
When the chef came in and talked about the food was weird and awkward

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SeaChase":2666t7o3 said:
When the chef came in and talked about the food was weird and awkward
That was hilariously bad TV. The chef even said he choked. Trying to get fans to the games with pulled pork and chicken strips?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Dan Fouts sounded drunk. He has always been a bit of a hack doing Pac-12 games, but this was epic bad. At least he lets us know who all played for Oregon.

SDHawk

Reaction score
To their credit, they couldnt help but gush about Russell Wilson.

drdiags

Reaction score
The former Charger not named Fouts was most likely Hank Bauer, former RB for the Chargers. I think he was the guy who stated Matt Hasselbeck was the worse starting QB ever when the Seahawks played the Chargers in preseason in early 2000's.

If it wasn't him that called Matt out for an interception he threw in pre-season, he was the guy who called the Seahawks one of the sorriest franchises back in the Air Coryell days and bemoaned the fact that the Chargers lost to them in a game that cost them playoff seeding (NFLN series on near miss champions).

Hank Bauer is a former running back and kick returner who played his entire NFL career with the Chargers from 1977-82. Since 1998 he has been the color commentator for Chargers radio broadcasts.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Just watched the NFL Rewind replay, and I could not agree more. Wow. The part I liked the most was when going to a commercial and the cameraguy starts scanning the fans and there are 2 chargers fans, but 4 Seahawks fans right next to them and you can clearly hear a "GO HAWKS!" in the bunch. Kudos to the 12's in San Diego, but that broadcast crew was horrible.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I commented about this in another thread. I saw the game on the NFL network. Maybe because I live in CA I am forced to watch the Chargers version. It was like amateur hour. They got so much wrong. Then when the chef guy came in slinging pulled pork I was laughing and getting mad because it lasted several minutes so you had no commentary on the action... and that might have been a blessing in retrospect. :pukeface:

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I had to endure their terrible homerism...

They were both terrible as if 50% of the roster wasn't worth looking down at their roster sheet to get the names right for either team.

Still happy I was able to watch the game when I'm away from home.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I was subjected to this too. I was frankly embarrassed for the franchise when they trotted their ill-prepared chef out. It was like a high school football game. Weak.