The best part of the game - NO INJURIES!

RockHawk

Reaction score
As always, my favorite part off preseason game is coming out of them with no major injuries for either team.

Here's to a continuation of the trend!

hawker84

Reaction score
here here, let's continue this trend.. seems like any more every time the play is over first thing i do is look for flags and limping players...

LymonHawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":2fk8s3fh said:
As always, my favorite part off preseason game is coming out of them with no major injuries for either team.

True! One of the first things I look for after a pre-season game, is the injury report. TC and pre-season always make me nervous.

HAWKNUTZ

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ckoyqiv said:
Agreed. And speaking of injuries, nice to see Jesse Williams in there...

I know it's way way early but I kept my eye on him last night to see how he would do and all I seen was him getting tossed around like a rag doll but on another note Hill looked like a beast coming through that line! I'm sure Williams will only get better but it was just something I noticed.

hazaduz

Reaction score
Any word on Thurmond? I was sitting behind the bench and I saw him on the stationary bike quite a bit. Maybe he was just staying loose.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HAWKNUTZ":3os1j4dp said:
FlyingGreg":3os1j4dp said:
Agreed. And speaking of injuries, nice to see Jesse Williams in there...

I know it's way way early but I kept my eye on him last night to see how he would do and all I seen was him getting tossed around like a rag doll but on another note Hill looked like a beast coming through that line! I'm sure Williams will only get better but it was just something I noticed.

Williams got double teamed a ton, and held the line for the most part. Really all you can ask of a guy is to occupy 2 blockers and not get pushed back.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I thought that both Hill and Wiiiiams had good first games,...it will be interesting to see if they continue to impress in the remaining preseason games,...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RockHawk":92nvlq1q said:

Agreed. And nice to see Jesse Williams in there and Walter Thurmond (even though he didn't play that great. I assume Williams was commanding double teams and that is exactly what we what him to do and I bet he can be coached up regardless).

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Bout time someone mentions Jesse Williams having to eat up double teams all night. I wasn't big on this guy for a lot of reasons but when he was in the game the Line backers were flying all over the place. Tired of seeing(in other threads) Williams sucked cause he didn't get pressure on the QB or some nonsense. He more than did his job, maybe take a step back and notice how much the line backer play improved while he was in.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":31tu3qa9 said:
Bout time someone mentions Jesse Williams having to eat up double teams all night. I wasn't big on this guy for a lot of reasons but when he was in the game the Line backers were flying all over the place. Tired of seeing(in other threads) Williams sucked cause he didn't get pressure on the QB or some nonsense. He more than did his job, maybe take a step back and notice how much the line backer play improved while he was in.

People expecting Williams to pressure the QB are in for a disappointment. That's not his game...he is in there to eat blocks and stuff the middle.

Jordan Hill is the guy we drafted to get pressure on the QB up the gut.

Latest posts