Winston Guy

legend38

Reaction score
Had high hopes for him two years ago.I think he is gone in some way,shape or form.Looks like a badass,plays like a rook.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
With the depth they have in the secondary, I would much rather keep a guy like Williams or Ware with that spot. Would not be surprised to see him released before week 1.

bigcc

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2xzdn3h1 said:
Way too brash at this point, y'all.

he looked bad last year too.... he was a 6th round pick for a reason, even john/pete can't hit on em all, and this dude has yet to do a damn thing

No passes defended, no sacks, no tfl's, no big hits (besides on our own guy), a suspension for PEDs, no forced fumbles, all his tackles have come from being beat not running up in run stoppage, he isn't even a special teams beast

dude wont make the roster and ill be pissed if he does over a guy even like Maragos who at least has ST value

EDIT: Maragos is a FS, I guess I should've said Jeron Johnson, who makes Winston look like a fool, we don't need 5 safeties especially when we could take a guy like Browner and move him if push came to shove and would undoubtedly do a better job

bigcc

Reaction score
Captain":16vs1j92 said:
legend38":16vs1j92 said:
Had high hopes for him two years ago.I think he is gone in some way,shape or form.Looks like a badass,plays like a rook.

He was a rookie last year....

And only appeared in 2 regular season games last year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15073/winston-guy

yeah he got himself suspended for 4 of them and wasn't even valuable enough to place on ST the rest of them

hawker232

Reaction score
There's still 3 more pre-season games for Winston Guy to prove himself. But right now, not impressed in the slightest. He's got time though...

bigcc

Reaction score
hawker232":1qfjsy97 said:
There's still 3 more pre-season games for Winston Guy to prove himself. But right now, not impressed in the slightest. He's got time though...

he had 4 last season too.... just sayin'

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawker232":1mlm31u5 said:

Maybe not. He can be cut at any time.

Captain

Reaction score
Its weird that he was on the field for the last two defensive plays against ATL (and much of the game) last year after not playing much the whole season. Was Jeron Johnson injured?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Captain":2jstb26q said:
Its weird that he was on the field for the last two defensive plays against ATL (and much of the game) last year after not playing much the whole season. Was Jeron Johnson injured?
No he wasn't and Guy had blanket coverage on Gonzo as well. Gonzo just catches everything even with a hand in the way.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
After that cheap hit on williams in camp I'm all for cutting his ass if we can keep an extra WR or RB

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3azil317 said:
Hawken-Dazs":3azil317 said:
Looks like Guy is our 2013 .net whipping boy.

Eh, he's earned it to a degree. I'm sure that Carpenter will continue to get his lashes, too.

Carpenter and Irvin are your 2013 .net whipping boys right now. Guy is a 6th round pick, so he's merely someone people want to see cut.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We are now expecting each of our players to be of Pro Bowl caliber. Winston Guy simply does not measure up. I do not expect him to be on the 53 man roster come the end of the month.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Cut him now... under the guise of another team is likely to pick him up and it's in the Guy's best interest to be cut now.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would much rather just keep Maragos and Johnson as the backup safties and keep an extra CB instead of Guy. Guy doesn't seem to bring much to the table at this point, and I am pretty bummed he laid that cheap ass hit on Williams in practice.