Go Alvin!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Go Alvin!
Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 am
  • Excited to see Alvin Bailey tonight...I keep hearing good stuff from camp about him:

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... n-bailey/#
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Re: Go Alvin!
Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am
  • I'll be keeping an eye on him. He seems like an insurance policy in case Okung can't be re-signed just as much as he seems like good depth.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:33 am
  • Go Theodore!! :th2thumbs:
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 am
  • Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing all these young fellars this preseason.

(Almost thought we were giving Favre a work out there for a second in that picture. :) )
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 pm
  • I was surprised no one took him in the draft. In most mocks he was predicted a mid-round grade. Glad the Seahawks picked him up and he's performing well.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:30 pm
  • Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest. But- here's the part I found interesting- he has 34.75" arms, which is above average arm length. He also weighed 320 pounds at Arkansas, so bulk isn't an issue either. He may be short, but in terms of his arm length and weight he's got franchise left tackle type measurements. He's looked athletic enough for tackle in drills too.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 pm
  • kearly wrote:Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest.

No way. If there's anything we learned last season is that players who aren't of protypical height cannot succeed in the NFL.

:sarcasm_off:

kearly wrote: He may be short, but in terms of his athleticism, arm length, and weight, he's got franchise left tackle type measurements.

This sound eerily familiar. Is this guy the RW of offensive linemen?
    Jase
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
  • His name just sounds like a good Seahawks name. Maybe it just reminds me of Edwin Bailey. Hope he sticks.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:39 pm
  • kearly wrote:Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest. But- here's the part I found interesting- he has 34.75" arms, which is above average arm length. He also weighed 320 pounds at Arkansas, so bulk isn't an issue either. He may be short, but in terms of his arm length and weight he's got franchise left tackle type measurements. He's looked athletic enough for tackle in drills too.

Nice catch soapbox.

What blows me away is this guy was undrafted yet we have a fella on the roster drafted to play right tackle who has failed to show this much promise at the tackle position. Failed to the point we had to move him to guard cause he lacked the feet to play tackle.

Finding gems left and right we are.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 pm
  • Not only would you think that gives him a huge advantage in leverage, it would mean a lower center of gravity wouldn't it? I've loved Alvin Bailey since the combine, was hoping we'd draft him. I was so stoked to see him picked up as a UFA.

So on a side note, if he dpes actually wins the LT spot, does Okung go RT or does he move inside ?
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 pm
  • kearly wrote:Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest. But- here's the part I found interesting- he has 34.75" arms, which is above average arm length. He also weighed 320 pounds at Arkansas, so bulk isn't an issue either. He may be short, but in terms of his arm length and weight he's got franchise left tackle type measurements. He's looked athletic enough for tackle in drills too.

His height does not define his skill set.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 pm
  • City Of Reign wrote:
    So on a side note, if he dpes actually wins the LT spot, does Okung go RT or does he move inside ?

Serious?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:08 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    kearly wrote:Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest. But- here's the part I found interesting- he has 34.75" arms, which is above average arm length. He also weighed 320 pounds at Arkansas, so bulk isn't an issue either. He may be short, but in terms of his arm length and weight he's got franchise left tackle type measurements. He's looked athletic enough for tackle in drills too.

His height does not define his skill set.

No, but it does hint at why he went undrafted. Also, it looks more like kearly is saying we're willing to look outside the typical LT prototype box, no?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information