The "Percy Harvin" effect. Hawk drop to #4 in several polls.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • themunn wrote:
    13thMan wrote:Munn, don't get your panties in a bunch... The sole purpose of starting a thread is to DISCUSS. Sheeeesh, chill out dude. I swear the level of sensitivity on the part of some posters is just off the charts. Relax.


    You've been here a week so I'll give you a pass.
    This place has been a joke over the offseason, you can't have a single Seahawk discussion without a Niner fan coming in and adding their 2 cents regarding their team.

    I don't give a shit about the Niners, we play them twice a year. This isn't a Niner forum and they can't seem to get their thick heads around that

    This thread was started discussion the laughable assertion that Percy Harvin was so important to our team and we're "lost" without him (obviously 4th is hardly lost, but you get my point). What does that have to do with San Francisco? Like I said, if Niner fans want to discuss when their crappy players get back from injury and how beastly they're going to be, fine. Just don't do it on a Seahawks board


    Don't blame 49ers fans for this. RichNhansom (a Seahawks fan) was the 1st poster to dedicate a post about the 49ers and incidentally it was filled with misinformation. A 49ers fan corrected him and now it's all us 49ers fans fault for derailing a thread topic?? Please. You guys are just as responsible. Don't blame 49ers fans presence. Maybe you guys should strive not to mention the 49ers in every goddamn thread.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 499
    Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm


  • :snack: :sob_story:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoHo9erFan wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    13thMan wrote:Munn, don't get your panties in a bunch... The sole purpose of starting a thread is to DISCUSS. Sheeeesh, chill out dude. I swear the level of sensitivity on the part of some posters is just off the charts. Relax.


    You've been here a week so I'll give you a pass.
    This place has been a joke over the offseason, you can't have a single Seahawk discussion without a Niner fan coming in and adding their 2 cents regarding their team.

    I don't give a shit about the Niners, we play them twice a year. This isn't a Niner forum and they can't seem to get their thick heads around that

    This thread was started discussion the laughable assertion that Percy Harvin was so important to our team and we're "lost" without him (obviously 4th is hardly lost, but you get my point). What does that have to do with San Francisco? Like I said, if Niner fans want to discuss when their crappy players get back from injury and how beastly they're going to be, fine. Just don't do it on a Seahawks board


    Don't blame 49ers fans for this. RichNhansom (a Seahawks fan) was the 1st poster to dedicate a post about the 49ers and incidentally it was filled with misinformation. A 49ers fan corrected him and now it's all us 49ers fans fault for derailing a thread topic?? Please. You guys are just as responsible. Don't blame 49ers fans presence. Maybe you guys should strive not to mention the 49ers in every goddamn thread.


    Um actually I was the first Seahawk fan to dedicate a post solely to 49ers fans.

    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65263
    Image
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2207
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida



  • SoHo9erFan wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    13thMan wrote:Munn, don't get your panties in a bunch... The sole purpose of starting a thread is to DISCUSS. Sheeeesh, chill out dude. I swear the level of sensitivity on the part of some posters is just off the charts. Relax.


    You've been here a week so I'll give you a pass.
    This place has been a joke over the offseason, you can't have a single Seahawk discussion without a Niner fan coming in and adding their 2 cents regarding their team.

    I don't give a shit about the Niners, we play them twice a year. This isn't a Niner forum and they can't seem to get their thick heads around that

    This thread was started discussion the laughable assertion that Percy Harvin was so important to our team and we're "lost" without him (obviously 4th is hardly lost, but you get my point). What does that have to do with San Francisco? Like I said, if Niner fans want to discuss when their crappy players get back from injury and how beastly they're going to be, fine. Just don't do it on a Seahawks board


    Don't blame 49ers fans for this. RichNhansom (a Seahawks fan) was the 1st poster to dedicate a post about the 49ers and incidentally it was filled with misinformation. A 49ers fan corrected him and now it's all us 49ers fans fault for derailing a thread topic?? Please. You guys are just as responsible. Don't blame 49ers fans presence. Maybe you guys should strive not to mention the 49ers in every goddamn thread.


    WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE
    Once again, his post was simply pointing out the ridiculousness of the fact that Seattle is being "punished" for losing Harvin, but those very same things that are being used as negatives (and being pointed out as negatives) by one particular media outlet are apparently not enough to bring the 49ers down.

    If it was Denver who'd lost their wide receivers we'd be talking about Denver right now, but at least we'd be able to have that conversation without some Broncos fans coming in and trying to correct everything we say. We're not a Broncos board, we're not a Cardinals board, we're not a Panthers board or a Bears board and we are most definitely NOT a Niners board.
    Last edited by themunn on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2376
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • Its so nice to just have 49er fans (who have the right) back on here to talk their mess.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19079
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • SoHo9erFan wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    13thMan wrote:Munn, don't get your panties in a bunch... The sole purpose of starting a thread is to DISCUSS. Sheeeesh, chill out dude. I swear the level of sensitivity on the part of some posters is just off the charts. Relax.


    You've been here a week so I'll give you a pass.
    This place has been a joke over the offseason, you can't have a single Seahawk discussion without a Niner fan coming in and adding their 2 cents regarding their team.

    I don't give a shit about the Niners, we play them twice a year. This isn't a Niner forum and they can't seem to get their thick heads around that

    This thread was started discussion the laughable assertion that Percy Harvin was so important to our team and we're "lost" without him (obviously 4th is hardly lost, but you get my point). What does that have to do with San Francisco? Like I said, if Niner fans want to discuss when their crappy players get back from injury and how beastly they're going to be, fine. Just don't do it on a Seahawks board


    Don't blame 49ers fans for this. RichNhansom (a Seahawks fan) was the 1st poster to dedicate a post about the 49ers and incidentally it was filled with misinformation. A 49ers fan corrected him and now it's all us 49ers fans fault for derailing a thread topic?? Please. You guys are just as responsible. Don't blame 49ers fans presence. Maybe you guys should strive not to mention the 49ers in every goddamn thread.


    If you weren't here it wouldn't be going on. Pretty simple really.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9353
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • ^^^ That is simply false. We aren't starting the Kaepernick/Harbaugh/49er obsession fest.

    Like I said before, Seahawks can beat us twice a year 100 to 0, I wouldn't care if the 49ers won the division. Head to head means very little in the NFL.
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


  • mretrade wrote:^^^ That is simply false. We aren't starting the Kaepernick/Harbaugh/49er obsession fest.

    Like I said before, Seahawks can beat us twice a year 100 to 0, I wouldn't care if the 49ers won the division. Head to head means very little in the NFL.


    blah blah blah blah, we don't have an obsession, they're a divisional rival (and our closest competitor to the division title), of course they're going to be mentioned in passing.

    however, that doesn't mean we need you to come in and "correct" everything we say, because guess what... we don't give a rats arse about your opinion of your team
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2376
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • Its not opinion, its not subjective, he stated things that were not true.

    Delanie Walker was not 2nd in targets last year
    Kyle Williams is not out injured
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


  • Kinda funny how many of us here complain about going to the Niners boards and being shouted down, harassed and run out of their forums and then come back here saying what a-holes they are... hmmmm.... These Niner fans aren't that bad, and I think it adds a little spice to have 'em here. If they do get that bad, they get banned. Just sayin'.
    Image

    A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

    SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2707
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • Personnally, I am wondering how Harvin will fare with less opportunities. (once he is healthy of course) I
    presume that our talent is far deeper than the Vikings.

    It will be nice to have him on board.
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2539
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    formido wrote:Haven't dropped in Vegas:

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

    Those odds are set by bookmakers to hedge the betting, not a prediction who will win the SB. Does anyone really think glass-neck, freaked-out-by-outside-stadiums Payton Manning will suck it up all the way through the Superbowl?


    Do I think he'd do it 2 times in 11 identical seasons? I think that's a reasonable estimate, yes.
    formido
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 477
    Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm
    Location: Ventura, CA


  • formido wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:
    formido wrote:Haven't dropped in Vegas:

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

    Those odds are set by bookmakers to hedge the betting, not a prediction who will win the SB. Does anyone really think glass-neck, freaked-out-by-outside-stadiums Payton Manning will suck it up all the way through the Superbowl?


    Do I think he'd do it 2 times in 11 identical seasons? I think that's a reasonable estimate, yes.



    Sorry, formido, but Our odds actually HAVE DROPPED im Vegas. I was there (The Hilton/LVH) on Tuesday. We are now 10-1 for Super Bowl and 5-1 for Conference. We had this discussion in another thread as I was on a plane to Vegas a couple days ago and I looked into it. Another noard member did the same. For some reason, that vegasinsider is not accurate.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


  • mretrade wrote:He is a possession receiver and still very productive. He had more yards last year than any Seahawks receiver. I will gladly take him. I don't see you guys knocking Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, or Doug Baldwin. All who are put up far inferior numbers last year.

    "He was a great complement to Kaep and will have continued success against a percentage of teams."

    Uhh he has never played with Kaepernick before.

    .


    Thanks for the clarity. I think most of us thought Kaep was Boldin's QB at FSU, then again at Arizona. You're like a frikin' NFL encyclopedia!
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5095
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Next


It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information