Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Anyone else not really bothered about pre-season this year?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

FlyingGreg wrote:
kearly wrote:
Bobby Wagner is our only linebacker who should feel safe about keeping a full time job- the competition is going to be intense at LB.

"I beg to differ"...

Love, K.J. Wright

Probably just an oversight, but K.J. is tragically underrated.

Wright's in competition for his job with one of the other linebackers, or am I just going senile 50 years early? Granted, whoever he's competing with, Wright would probably win.

I don't think Wright is underrated. I think .net has him pegged pretty well.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:47 pm 
NET Veteran

I wanna see jordan hill and jaye Howard

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 pm 
NET Veteran

I agree with the sentiment that we do not need to see anything out of the preseason this year in order to be excited about the real season. On the other hand, there really are a lot of interesting roster battles once you look beyond the starters. The games themselves only reveal a bit but are still interesting pieces of the puzzle.

The offensive line is the most intriguing unit for me because there is so much speculation and no hard information. Is it fair to say that Alvin Bailey is the surprise of training camp? If McQuistan gets the job over Carpenter then I think it is plausible that Bailey makes the squad as the backup LT. Is Moffitt getting reps at center in order to possibly free up Jeanpierre's spot? Carpenter or McQuistan? Sweezy or Moffitt? Can Okung improve on 13! penalties this year?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:58 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

AgentDib wrote:
The offensive line is the most intriguing unit for me because there is so much speculation and no hard information. Is it fair to say that Alvin Bailey is the surprise of training camp? If McQuistan gets the job over Carpenter then I think it is plausible that Bailey makes the squad as the backup LT. Is Moffitt getting reps at center in order to possibly free up Jeanpierre's spot? Carpenter or McQuistan? Sweezy or Moffitt? Can Okung improve on 13! penalties this year?

Additionally, JR Sweezy showed last year that all bets are off.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:24 am 
NET Veteran

I don't remember there being much of a QB controversy last year going into the preseason games.

I think most of us were content that Flynn was going to be the guy, then we saw Wilson play and went... this dude can play... he might be better than Flynn...

Then there was a little QB controversy for a while.

In response to the original question, I'm just looking forward to seeing some of the young guys fight for roster spots, and hoping none of the major players get seriously hurt.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:45 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

This pre season feels like this years draft. I'm into it now that it's here but not like the last 4 seasons.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:12 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Pete's comments about O-line players getting a lot of procedural penalties IN CAMP could make for some long and frustrating games in the pre-season.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 am 
NET Veteran

FlyingGreg wrote:
kearly wrote:
Bobby Wagner is our only linebacker who should feel safe about keeping a full time job- the competition is going to be intense at LB.

"I beg to differ"...

Love, K.J. Wright

I get the impression that kearly really doesn't like Wright, as I've seen a lot of comments of similar ilk, even before we picked up more linebackers.

KJ is a stone cold lock to start

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

kearly wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
kearly wrote:

"I beg to differ"...

Love, K.J. Wright

Wright's in competition for his job with one of the other linebackers, or am I just going senile 50 years early? Granted, whoever he's competing with, Wright would probably win.

I don't think Wright is underrated. I think .net has him pegged pretty well.

You are going senile. Wright is a lock to start at the Will.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 am 
NET Veteran

minormillikin wrote:
I don't remember there being much of a QB controversy last year going into the preseason games.

I think most of us were content that Flynn was going to be the guy, then we saw Wilson play and went... this dude can play... he might be better than Flynn...

Then there was a little QB controversy for a while.

In response to the original question, I'm just looking forward to seeing some of the young guys fight for roster spots, and hoping none of the major players get seriously hurt.

Not sure about that... I seem to remember a degree of clamour for Wilson from some people, myself included. Really just felt like we might as well see what we have with RW who had potential rather than just plod on with an obvious place holder in Flynn. After one pre-season game that intensified. By Denver it had exploded.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 am 
NET Rookie

I'm getting a 30 pack up in this bitch for tonight. I'm super excited

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 am 
NET Veteran

I'm excited because from now on there is football every week until our last game February 2, 2014 :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Veteran

I'm excited to see the new players, see the new uni's again (live) see the starters and how the gel for the 2,3 possesions they'll be out there.

but mostly i'm excited because i've never been this informed about my team than i have been since i joined the .NET.. I'll be looking at positions and roster competitions that I would have never considered to focus on.. I appreciate all the info shared on this board, and because of that, i've never been more excited about a start of a season than I am now. much props to the members of this board...(and guests)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:41 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Scottemojo wrote:
Pete's comments about O-line players getting a lot of procedural penalties IN CAMP could make for some long and frustrating games in the pre-season.

And it happened over and over when I was there! They had terrible technique and concentration.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:40 pm 
* NET Radish *

That's the thing you see in really great teams. They go right down the field and don't get stupid penaltys that stall drives.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

The Radish wrote:
That's the thing you see in really great teams. They go right down the field and don't get stupid penaltys that stall drives.

Our offense under Pete Carroll has rarely done that, even in our best moments. Instead, we've been more the type of offense to score off big plays, because we've become weirdly and unusually good at keeping the big plays coming. Adding a steady, methodical quality will only give us more dimensions, but it'll have to wait until our O-line becomes more reliable.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]