NFL Channel coverage tonight, includes Hawks/Chargers

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • If you weren't aware, the NFL Channel will introduce (?) its "Whiparound Coverage" of tonight's preseason games starting at 5:00 PM PDT... followed by the Hawks/Chargers game starting at 8:00 PM PDT... essentially, a one hour tape delay and condensed (2 hour) version of the game.

The Whiparound Coverage sounds interesting... highlights from all the games shortly after they happen... my assumption.

This has been a public service announcement. :D

GO HAWKS!!
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Nice, now I don't have to search for some illegal streaming feed out of Dubai tonight!
    13thMan
    NET Rookie

• Kind of a like a pre-season Red Zone thing. I'll be watching the live feed on Fox, 7pm, channel 113.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I made the mistake of watching that crap network last night for half an hour. I was almost convinced that there were only 2 teams in the NFL, cowboys and patriots, because that's all they talked about!
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• NFL Network is always dry humping the same teams over and over again. Niners, Pats, Steelers etc.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Screw the whiparound. Give me a reacharound and full coverage of my Hawks and I'll be a happy man. GO HAWKS!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I tend to stay away from that channel mostly. It's a lot of mumble jumble nonsense. BUT, I will be watching when they show this game tonight.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• this is cool...last year they had the whiparound coverage and just waited to replay entire games during the week. just checked the directv guide and theyre showing the DEN/SF game after ours even though that game starts live an hour earlier than ours.
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

• Sports Hernia wrote:I made the mistake of watching that crap network last night for half an hour. I was almost convinced that there were only 2 teams in the NFL, cowboys and patriots, because that's all the talked about!

Sounds like you hit the gap between all the Jets and Eagles quarterback coverage.
    Kakaww
    NET Rookie

• Does anyone know if there is a place online you can check to see what is being shown locally on nfl network tonight?
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• Kakaww wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I made the mistake of watching that crap network last night for half an hour. I was almost convinced that there were only 2 teams in the NFL, cowboys and patriots, because that's all the talked about!

Sounds like you hit the gap between all the Jets and Eagles quarterback coverage.

And don't forget about RGIII's knee brace! :pukeface:
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• onanygivensunday wrote:If you weren't aware, the NFL Channel will introduce (?) its "Whiparound Coverage" of tonight's preseason games starting at 5:00 PM PDT... followed by the Hawks/Chargers game starting at 8:00 PM PDT... essentially, a one hour tape delay and condensed (2 hour) version of the game.
    GO HAWKS!!

Where are you seeing that it's a condensed version? I'm worried that they will cut in live, meaning that there will be no "full" broadcast of the first quarter. I am fine with "condensed" and I am fine with it just starting late and running on a delay, but I will be disappointed if we just get that first quarter chopped off.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

• :x

11:00 p.m. ET -- Seattle Seahawks vs. San Diego Chargers -- LIVE (joined live in progress)
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

• Fox, Live at 7pm, pre-game at 6:30
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I watch the NFL network (almost) constantly. Not fond of the bafoonish antics of some of their hosts, but I like the subtle sarcasm of Rich Eisen. Sharper spends more time worried whether he looks pretty enough and Irvin? Too bad about Michael Irvin. The years of coke abuse leaves him sometimes unbearable to listen to. I say too bad, because while I've hated on him since Miami, the guy really does have a vast knowledge of the game. But somewhere between brain and mouth...it get's garbled.

In fairness to NFL net. Before and during the Harvin signing, we were the matinee guys. I noticed a significant loss of mention when Harvin went down (or whatever you wanna' call it). I think reducing our coverage, as the result, makes perfect sense. I hate it, but when the tool they used to pump us was no longer, their initial storyline faded as well. Add to this the fact Sherm seems to have quieted down, and there's not really much to say about us until the season starts.

I am not concerned with any of it. A big win at Carolina and we will again be golden. They clearly love Pete and I get the impression they hope for our success and want us to be THE STORY. They will get their wish soon enough.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Fox is covering the game. Pre game starts at 6:30. WOO HOO! Cant wait to see the Hawks play tonight..
    seahawksfeverfan
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information