I miss Leon Washington

falcongoggles

Reaction score
On a game binge from last year while using NFL Gamepass in Copenhagen. Leon Washington was a HUGE weapon for us last year. The game winning drive against the Patriots was setup by a Leon return to the 50.

Game after game he eased the workload on the offense reducing drives by 10-20 yards. I think the step forward of RW and the full-offeseason will overcome this (see 97 yard drive versus Bears), but we will still miss him.

13thMan

Reaction score
Leon is the first thing I thought about after Harvin's injury/surgery. I hope our special teams doesn't take a huge step back, but, yikes... This could prove to be very costly. Fingers crossed...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Yes indeed, Leon was money. He gave us good field position a LOT. An all-around great guy and teammate as well...

The return game for me is a question mark, until I see who is going to fill in.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Same. First thing I thought about after losing Harvin besides just plain ol' "that really sucks" is us losing Leon because of him. We could have kept him if we wanted but didn't feel the need due to us replacing one of the best punt returners for the best punt returner. Let's hope Tate, Michael, or someone else can fill the shoes halfway decently.

rideaducati

Reaction score
They needed a roster spot for the young guns that will actually run the ball too. I will not miss him, I will remember him fondly.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
You could always count on Leon to give 110%, awesome guy to have on the team. Great attitude, lead by example, etc.

Much respect for Leon Washington, period.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Much Respect to Leon. He was relatively cheap, extremely effective and almost never hurt! You will be missed!

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":ntw1cele said:
We haven't played a game yet and ya miss him?

I liked the guy too but not quite that much.

I could miss him the second after we traded him and there would be nothing strange about that. That man was a weapon.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37gjcwmc said:
Hitler Goddell
Seems like a bit much...

Leon was getting cut regardless of the Harvin trade. The Hawks needed his roster spot.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2hmwr6h5 said:
SoulfishHawk":2hmwr6h5 said:
Hitler Goddell
Seems like a bit much...

Leon was getting cut regardless of the Harvin trade. The Hawks needed his roster spot.

One man pushed the world into a war that killed 50 million and murdered 6 million jews, the other outlawed spinning a football and fined Marshawn Lynch for wearing Skittles cleats. Me thinks you may have overstated a touch.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'll miss Leon the returner as much as anyone, but the RB room is beyond full with talented young horses. I'd hate to have to part ways with a Robert Turbin or Spencer Ware in favor of a 30+ y/o Leon Washington.

Leon was all world as a returner last year don't get me wrong, but we have multiple guys who could probably return at a pretty high level besides Harvin (who would have been pretty close to Leon's equal IMO). Off the top of my head... Golden Tate, Earl Thomas, Walter Thurmond and Christine Michael would all probably be phenomenal at it while, Doug Baldwin, Jeremy Lane, Will Blackmon and Winston Guy could probably be pretty serviceable returners. It sucks not having Leon anymore, but there just wasn't room. And as others have said, moving up the kickoffs really marginalized what Leon does for us. We were paying him a lot of money to basically take a knee in the endzone...

CANHawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1ff1hata said:
Hawkfan77":1ff1hata said:
SoulfishHawk":1ff1hata said:
Hitler Goddell
Seems like a bit much...

One man pushed the world into a war that killed 50 million and murdered 6 million jews, the other outlawed spinning a football and fined Marshawn Lynch for wearing Skittles cleats. Me thinks you may have overstated a touch.

Me thinks this board doesn't much understand hyperbole...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh geez, it was a stupid nickname I heard someone say on the radio. There, I fixed it :?

Let me guess, I can look forward to 30 posts telling me that I actually like Hitler or something. :roll:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1ptb03qv said:
Much Respect to Leon. He was relatively cheap, extremely effective and almost never hurt! You will be missed!

Perhaps after two games or so.....Pete might be missing him , too!

CANHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11hafu20 said:
Oh geez, it was a stupid nickname I heard someone say on the radio. There, I fixed it :?

Let me guess, I can look forward to 30 posts telling me that I actually like Hitler or something. :roll:

Ahh... so I see you've been to the internet before...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:)

I didn't mean anything by it. Oh well. Yesterday I was told I have a "sense of entitlement" because I commented on the Season Ticket Holder gift. :th2thumbs: