Will Thurmond win the job over Browner...?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'd rather see Maxwell out there then Thurmond if tonight was any indication of what he's going to be like this year. He wasn't even average....
    CEHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• The Radish wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:Warren Moon just stated on whatever the 3pm kiro sports dudez show is that he thinks one of these two will not be on the team. I don't see either getting cut, maybe one gets traded or is Warren is talking out his backside?

Sounds like Moon is already drunk.

:roll:

Yep, 'd like to have some of what he's smoking, if he truly believes that.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:Thurmond is getting 1st unit reps so that we can trade him this year for good value....

THIS +
    There aren't too many Receivers/TE's standing in line to take this bull by the horns.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Maybe but then again if he stays healthy he's our nickel back next year at the very least.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• I thought WT3 looked slow out there last night, even on his punt return he lacked explosiveness. I wonder how WT3 fits in with the other DB's? It seem like the secondary has great chemistry, i just don't ever remember Walter being around those guys. Might just be he's always in the training room. If i had to choose between the two right now, it's not even close, BB would win by a mile. BB might give up a little here and there but his big play ability, toughness, durability and Swag make up that. If WT3 can stay healthy for 16 games then maybe we can discuss this next preseason.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• BB homer till I die, he plays football like it should be played, the entertainment value from his is an A+ and he doesn't get injured, injuries are obnoxious.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• Thurmond has a lot of rust to dust off. He will be fine. My only thing with him, was when he was returning punts I was thinking that his leg could just break in half at any time for no reason.
    seahawk 17
    NET Rookie

• Thurmond was pretty bad last night. Maybe he was just a bit rusty, but I don't see him taking over for Browner.

I think the question should be, does he even make this team?
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• My answer is no.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• For Walter to take BBs spot he will have to perform a lot better than he did yesterday, that's for sure.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Browner can take a guy like Terrell Owens, jam him at the line and then drive him into the ground completely taking him out of the play. I'll never forget that. It's irreplaceable, and I doubt Thurmond could ever do anything like it.

"Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I have always liked Thurmond. however I think something needs to be said about tackle football.
    When you tackle someone hard, or hit them hard they tend to hear footsteps and it throws off their game.
    Browner brings this physicality to the corner position that accents our defense. Thurmond brings a great nickel position.
    Lets not forget... It was browner and Thurmond who started out as our corners a few years back.
    all i'm saying is just because you don't see uniqueness doesn't mean it isn't there ;)
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• I can't believe this thread exists.. :141847_bnono:
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• Exactly. Thurmond isn't going anywhere and probably is our nickel corner soon enough.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information