put a fork in the 'no respect' card

Hawknballs

Reaction score
When the media is still calling us superbowl contenders and even favorites on a couple shows I saw today even though we could possibly be without the player with the largest contract in our team's history, I think that whole thing is over.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Seahawks are a "sexy" pick. They couldn't get enough of Wilson and Kap taking the league by storm last year and don't want the party to stop now. In ESPN's eyes, the SB is yours to lose unless something happens to Wilson. That's just how they are to a large degree.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
While being the sexy pick in the offseason is fun, I won't be satisfied until the media is drooling over us during the regular season and postseason because of our play on the field. I don't care nearly as much what they say about the Seahawks because of offseason moves.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":29rpdleg said:
There are still some power ranking lists that don't have us at #1.

NO RESPECT.

SO TRUE!

:16:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Should we "come out of the box" with a 4-0 record...I guarantee that we will be the "sexy team"! However, a 0-2 record will have them giving us the "thumbs down"! :thumbdown:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bellingerga":2dcd5smv said:
I heard someone say that there are players on other teams who are good. East coast media bias.

OH MY GOD, I can't stand it anymore! When will we stop being the retarded stepchildren of the NFL?!

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I heard someone say some other people pay more attention to other teams. East Coast media bias.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Nothing would make me happier than to see the same reporters that could do nothing but talk Sh*t for so long about the NFC West eat their words. The Hawks are obviously strong contenders, we are also, the Rams are no joke as we have all seen and even AZ I think will make a showing this year if they can fix their QB issues.

Rocket

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mqwz3gn said:
OH MY GOD, I can't stand it anymore! When will we stop being the retarded stepchildren of the NFL?!

It's either when we move south of Juneau, or east of Alexandria...
I forget.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33izaw6o said:
bellingerga":33izaw6o said:
I heard someone say that there are players on other teams who are good. East coast media bias.

Please don't use the "R" word

nsport

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":g5c7ht5k said:
There are still some power ranking lists that don't have us at #1.

NO RESPECT.

I think this might be an alcohol (or other substance) induced post. :)

A lot like other polls, many pollsters in similar fashion to the AP (media) and Coaches College Football rankings are pretty firm about not giving up #1 without first proving you actually are #1. It's preseason, I'm not worried about where we sit in polls. What I would like to see is proof on the field that we are better than other teams - then see our team deliver week in and week out. They need to continue the same stretch of domination where they beat you down then stomp on the neck of an opponent. As this is demonstrated on the field, I believe the #1 spot should be ours without bias.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I'd rather we get no respect. Means we're being overlooked. Though, that was last season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":33kw7l1r said:
Please don't use the "R" word

Go away with that crap, hypocrite. You call people "ass eaters" in the main forum, (how's that not a forced vacation, anyways?) and lecture me about using the word retarded when not even referring to any particular person? I just searched your username's post and glanced at a few pages of the results, and you definitely have no room to talk in regards to telling someone what words they should or should not use.

What a joke.