Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)
Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Cartire wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:[quote="peachesenregalia"]

Uhh, no. this is serious. Pete and john are BOTH on the hook for this debacle.

I must be slow this morning (or most of the time for that matter ;) ) but wasn't the risk in signing Harvin that he would get injured, but that when healthy, he's too good not to go for broke, at least until Russell, Okung, and Thomas need to get paid?

Cmon NinerBuff, you've been here long enough to know never to believe a word Peach says. Even when shes being completely honest. Just always assume there is a :sarcasm_on: next to all her post. Even the perfectly normal responses.

Whoa a minute..... Peaches is a chick?!

Well EFF me runnung[/quote]

Yes he undoubtedly is.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:11 am
  • Would P & J be on the hot seat if they let Harvin go to a divisional rival despite knowing they had a chance to get him?
    :3-1: :snack:
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 am
  • Seriously guys. Why do we let Niner fans troll our main board so much now? Its really offputting to have to read constantly. Makes me second guess how much time i want to spend on the site. I come to discuss Hawks. Not read Niner fans having to give their 2 cents on every subject.

I am also contemplating not posting here much anymore because of this. There is another Hawk board I check out from time to time but that one has way less whiner 'blah" "blah" "blah".
    I will probably be over there more if these niner trolls don't start disappearing.

T-Sizzle:
    Weak. Posts like these make me ashamed to be associated with fans with this attitude. Some fans that post here are so mentally weak or insecure....maybe both. Until I joined this board I didn't know how the majority of fans acted. I will have to say Im disapointed by the overreaction. You were all fine with it yesterday and today you choose to cry about it? Grow up.

:thumbup:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 am
  • If memory serves me correctly we were in every game last season, shoulda coulda won at least two additional games if not for the defense , our offense improved on a weekly basis, last half of the season , we were as dangerous as anybody in the league on offense, and all that without Harvin..

If he's able to play - bonus
    If not - nothing changes

Go Hawks!!
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:00 pm
  • someone on another forum said they saw on espn news that harvin is out for the season?!?!?!?
    misfit
    NET Starter

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 pm
  • misfit wrote:someone on another forum said they saw on espn news that harvin is out for the season?!?!?!?

I have a waterfront condo on the moon I'd like you to take a look at, brother.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Anyone just listen to ET3 on 950 KJR. They asked him about Percy Harvin and whether they're talking about it in the lockerroom and worrying. His response (I'm paraphrasing), "Next man up. We went far last year without him. We have great receivers-guys that can be just as good."

No longer worried!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:04 pm
  • misfit wrote:someone on another forum said they saw on espn news that harvin is out for the season?!?!?!?

Yeah i'm hearing basically "if" he needs surgery, hes out for the season...

That might make sense at week 8, we are in training camp. What the hell? I don't understand why a "minor labrum tear" couldn't be dealt with in like 2 months... But I know nothing about medicine.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Re: Harvin -
Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Anyone just listen to ET3 on 950 KJR. They asked him about Percy Harvin and whether they're talking about it in the lockerroom and worrying. His response (I'm paraphrasing), "Next man up. We went far last year without him. We have great receivers-guys that can be just as good."

No longer worried!

Nothing he said is anything we didn't already know... Im just as worried
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:10 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Anyone just listen to ET3 on 950 KJR. They asked him about Percy Harvin and whether they're talking about it in the lockerroom and worrying. His response (I'm paraphrasing), "Next man up. We went far last year without him. We have great receivers-guys that can be just as good."

No longer worried!

Nothing he said is anything we didn't already know... Im just as worried

That's fine.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:14 pm
  • It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.

I'll break out the Kool Aid.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 pm
  • I like applesauce...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:20 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.

Yeah, but they put a premium price on rat poison. We better wait until the next sale on that. :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:38 pm

I appreciate the references to Washington living out here, where we have a grocery store called "Piggly Wiggly".

You could have been even more "Washington" by referencing Fred Meyer, though.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:50 pm
  • I'll just get my coat...
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:05 pm
  • AlaskanViking wrote:Vikings fan here. Not looking to "talk smack", only to give my 2 cents on a WR who I have followed very closely for his entire NFL career.

First off, Percy is a heck of a weapon on offense. Whenever he plays you guys are going to be happy with him. His elusiveness with the ball in his hands is just silly. He is also tough as nails on gamedays, not shying away from contact at all, almost to the point of being reckless (when he was a Viking I used to worry about how long of a career he would have). His ability to run out of the backfield, both inside and outside the tackles, gives him that "gadget factor" where defenses always have to account for him no matter where he is on the field. He is amazing at getting YAC. I read someone on here say that he wasn't a fit on a Ponder-led offense, and that isn't true at all. With QBs like that who are best with short quick passes, Harvin is the perfect WR. It makes more sense to go for high-completion short passes and let Percy rack up YAC. He rarely saw deep passes downfield.

That being said, you are now getting your first taste of Percy World. He hates to practice. A lot. He also is nicked up a lot with nagging injuries. For as long as he's in the NFL, there will always be drama surrounding Percy Harvin. It's sad, because his attitude didn't really turn so poor until Randy Moss came back for that brief stint with the Vikings. Percy reportedly followed Moss around like a lost puppy and was enamored with him. Moss behaved horribly in his short return to Minnesota (ex: the lunchroom incident where Moss blew up and screamed that he wouldn't feed the team caterer's food to his dog). After Moss was let go, Harvin and then-coach Brad Childress got into a heated altercation, and Percy hurled a weight at Childress (although it didn't hit him).

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Percy ends up being fine medically and this was a way to get out of some practices. You can decide for yourselves how much that does or doesn't bother you. There was a time when those antics made Vikings fans say "Meh, as long as he plays on Sundays..." But over time, the constant off-field drama and prima-donna behavior wore on people and chased him out of Minnesota. It's not often you see teams trade away talented WRs in their prime. Especially since at the time we had a completely bare WR cupboard without Harvin. I don't want to see Percy fail in Seattle, the trade is done now and both teams got what they wanted. Hopefully it works out for both teams.

Good post. Thank you.

For the guy who posted below asking "how this can be drama when he has an injury"..Well you just don't understand because you haven't been following Harvin his whole career. What AlaskanViking is saying is, "He may need surgery, but there's a good chance this is just Percy not wanting to practice".

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:05 pm
  • Im calling BS on this whole thing. Harvin will play at least 14 games this season. The rest of this is just one big head fake.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:54 pm
  • Word is that Steve Harvey will loan Harvin his mustache. Problem solved

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Just listened to Carroll's press conference yesterday...

Am I the only one frankly embarrassed that the local media asked THREE questions on Harvin only, for a grand total of just over a minute's reaction???

Then moved on to how "exciting" it was to see James Carpenter back and asking how Tarvaris Jackson looked on day one.

??????????????????????

Three vague answers on Harvin and we all move on skipping to the next easy subject.

Good grief.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:32 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Just listened to Carroll's press conference yesterday...

Am I the only one frankly embarrassed that the local media asked THREE questions on Harvin only, for a grand total of just over a minute's reaction???

Then moved on to how "exciting" it was to see James Carpenter back and asking how Tarvaris Jackson looked on day one.

??????????????????????

Three vague answers on Harvin and we all move on skipping to the next easy subject.

Good grief.

Well, it's not like over there, Rob. Journo's here don't want Joe Kinnear calling them a c**t on live telly.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:35 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Journo's here don't want Joe Kinnear calling them a c**t on live telly.

It should be seen as a badge of honour.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:
    AlaskanViking wrote:Vikings fan here. Not looking to "talk smack", only to give my 2 cents on a WR who I have followed very closely for his entire NFL career.

First off, Percy is a heck of a weapon on offense. Whenever he plays you guys are going to be happy with him. His elusiveness with the ball in his hands is just silly. He is also tough as nails on gamedays, not shying away from contact at all, almost to the point of being reckless (when he was a Viking I used to worry about how long of a career he would have). His ability to run out of the backfield, both inside and outside the tackles, gives him that "gadget factor" where defenses always have to account for him no matter where he is on the field. He is amazing at getting YAC. I read someone on here say that he wasn't a fit on a Ponder-led offense, and that isn't true at all. With QBs like that who are best with short quick passes, Harvin is the perfect WR. It makes more sense to go for high-completion short passes and let Percy rack up YAC. He rarely saw deep passes downfield.

That being said, you are now getting your first taste of Percy World. He hates to practice. A lot. He also is nicked up a lot with nagging injuries. For as long as he's in the NFL, there will always be drama surrounding Percy Harvin. It's sad, because his attitude didn't really turn so poor until Randy Moss came back for that brief stint with the Vikings. Percy reportedly followed Moss around like a lost puppy and was enamored with him. Moss behaved horribly in his short return to Minnesota (ex: the lunchroom incident where Moss blew up and screamed that he wouldn't feed the team caterer's food to his dog). After Moss was let go, Harvin and then-coach Brad Childress got into a heated altercation, and Percy hurled a weight at Childress (although it didn't hit him).

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Percy ends up being fine medically and this was a way to get out of some practices. You can decide for yourselves how much that does or doesn't bother you. There was a time when those antics made Vikings fans say "Meh, as long as he plays on Sundays..." But over time, the constant off-field drama and prima-donna behavior wore on people and chased him out of Minnesota. It's not often you see teams trade away talented WRs in their prime. Especially since at the time we had a completely bare WR cupboard without Harvin. I don't want to see Percy fail in Seattle, the trade is done now and both teams got what they wanted. Hopefully it works out for both teams.

Good post. Thank you.

For the guy who posted below asking "how this can be drama when he has an injury"..Well you just don't understand because you haven't been following Harvin his whole career. What AlaskanViking is saying is, "He may need surgery, but there's a good chance this is just Percy not wanting to practice".

Here's the thing: Pete and John don't put up with that crap. If he starts being a prima donna, or we don't see him in TC like, ever, then he'll be down the road. You don't treat anyone other than your QB like he's irreplaceable, especially with the talent that we mine from the mid rounds. Hell, Tate can do all of what Harvin can do, if not to the same degree, and Tate high points and fights for the ball better than Harvin does.

We paid Houshmandzadeh how much to go away and play for someone else ? As soon as it won't slaughter our cap, Harvin will be gone in a heartbeat, and forget about getting a big contract again....just ask Moss, Terrell Owens, etc. So I really don't see Percy holding anyone hostage.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:
    AlaskanViking wrote:Vikings fan here. Not looking to "talk smack", only to give my 2 cents on a WR who I have followed very closely for his entire NFL career.

Good post. Thank you.

But didn't an mri show a slight tear? How is he to pull that off?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:40 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:

Yes that is my hunch, although it may turn out this in a legitimate serious freak injury. That's the thing: With Percy you never know if he is really seriously hurt or not, because he hates practices. That's what I meant by constant drama. It's the "boy who cried wolf" effect when it comes to him and injury reports.
    AlaskanViking
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Harvin -
Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:46 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:

Good post. Thank you.

But didn't an mri show a slight tear? How is he to pull that off?

I'm not saying that he's completely faking being hurt somehow, but the fact that he's delaying practice for at least 5 days against the recommendation of the team doctors (and my experience of following him as a Vikings fan) makes me suspicious...

"Team doctors and the Seahawks recommended Harvin doesn’t get surgery, and practice while getting treatment."
    AlaskanViking
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 pm
  • Thanks for the info, AKViking,

I hope you're right.
    Vesuve
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 pm
  • Why put him on the PUP instead of simply holding him out?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:05 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Journo's here don't want Joe Kinnear calling them a c**t on live telly.

:thirishdrinkers:
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:14 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Journo's here don't want Joe Kinnear calling them a c**t on live telly.

I understand your view, but here in Merica, the only reporters who ask tough questions are Bob Costas and Jerry Grey, and they really are c**ts. (and midgets) Local reporters don't have to ask tough questions, because La Canfora and Schefter will just make up two opposite answers to all the tough questions that went unasked.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Apparently Pete said today that if Harvin has surgery, his season is over.

"If you have hip surgery, it's a lot longer than the season," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told USA TODAY Sports on Friday. "Hip surgery, he's not going to play for the season."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... e/2591055/

Call me crazy but this article is almost starting to sound like its is going to be a showdown between the Seahawks and their doctors and Harvin and his doctors. Yikes. Could Pete be using IR as a threat to make Percy think long and hard about getting a surgery for something he could play through?
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Trade Him!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:21 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:I don't want him getting hit by Browner and Chancellor anyway.

This is the good bad thing that happens in order to keep the really bad thing from happening.

Great Point.

.......Perhaps Percy has elected not to get hit by Browner and Chancellor, as well.....?

Hmmmmm....
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Why put him on the PUP instead of simply holding him out?

You can take someone off the preseason PUP list at anytime. You can't put them on PUP once training camp starts.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Apparently Pete said today that if Harvin has surgery, his season is over.

"If you have hip surgery, it's a lot longer than the season," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told USA TODAY Sports on Friday. "Hip surgery, he's not going to play for the season."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... e/2591055/

Call me crazy but this article is almost starting to sound like its is going to be a showdown between the Seahawks and their doctors and Harvin and his doctors. Yikes. Could Pete be using IR as a threat to make Percy think long and hard about getting a surgery for something he could play through?

From that same article:

"A lot of guys just take what they hear from the outside and build their own perspective," said Rice, who considers Harvin one of his best friends.

"But he's a real good guy. Everybody likes him around here. He's a guy that comes to work every day, on and off the field, does the extra work in the weight room, the film study. Everybody's going to form their own opinion, and when the light's shining on you, they're always going to find something bad to say."
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 pm
  • I would also point to Doug Baldwin's presser from today in which he said he had to learn to take a break in the offseason. He said he tried to push himself too hard to compete and that lead to him physically peaking early in the season and inviting injury.

I might have been skeptical if we were talking migraines. But a torn labrum is something that is difficult to fake and isn't an excuse that one would use to skip out on a few practices.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:13 pm
  • SDHawk wrote:I would also point to Doug Baldwin's presser from today in which he said he had to learn to take a break in the offseason. He said he tried to push himself too hard to compete and that lead to him physically peaking early in the season and inviting injury.

I might have been skeptical if we were talking migraines. But a torn labrum is something that is difficult to fake and isn't an excuse that one would use to skip out on a few practices.

Well especially when the team itself said it was torn on the mri. So you cant really fake a tear.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:22 pm
  • Day 1 and Harvin already injured. Nice start to the 2013 season. The concerning part is the injury is to his leg. For a WR that relies on his speed and quickness, that's not good. Christine Michael get ready, you're the next up for kickoff returns (that were there's a big hole now). Not too worried about the WR corps since most of them were here last year and they were ok.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:24 pm
  • Cartire wrote:
    SDHawk wrote:I would also point to Doug Baldwin's presser from today in which he said he had to learn to take a break in the offseason. He said he tried to push himself too hard to compete and that lead to him physically peaking early in the season and inviting injury.

Well especially when the team itself said it was torn on the mri. So you cant really fake a tear.

Right, my comment was directed at the Vikings fan that came over to stir the pot by suggesting that this was all ploy by Harvin to get out of practices. I don't buy that crap for a second.

I am certain the FO did their homework. They vetted Harvin with Pete, Bevell, Rice, etc etc.

To me, it's clear that this is one of those "freak" injuries and suggestions that this is somehow a consequence of Percy's attitude towards practice is just ridiculous. No one is saying anything negative about Harvin, on the contrary, there have been no shortage of reports that Harvin is a workout warrior and is excited to be with the Hawks.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:25 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Day 1 and Harvin already injured. Nice start to the 2013 season. The concerning part is the injury is to his leg. For a WR that relies on his speed and quickness, that's not good. Christine Michael get ready, you're the next up for kickoff returns (that were there's a big hole now). Not too worried about the WR corps since most of them were here last year and they were ok.

Not to mention the emergence of both Stephen Williams and Phil Bates as camp stars, per Burger's reports.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:26 pm
  • I don't even want to think of the guy who is next in line as a punt retuned. He's dynamic and can get the job done, but there would be a good chance he gets hurt as well. WTIII
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm
  • I'd like to see Golden Tate or Christine Michael in that role.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:35 pm
  • SDHawk wrote:
    Cartire wrote:
    SDHawk wrote:I would also point to Doug Baldwin's presser from today in which he said he had to learn to take a break in the offseason. He said he tried to push himself too hard to compete and that lead to him physically peaking early in the season and inviting injury.

Right, my comment was directed at the Vikings fan that came over to stir the pot by suggesting that this was all ploy by Harvin to get out of practices. I don't buy that crap for a second.

I am certain the FO did their homework. They vetted Harvin with Pete, Bevell, Rice, etc etc.

To me, it's clear that this is one of those "freak" injuries and suggestions that this is somehow a consequence of Percy's attitude towards practice is just ridiculous. No one is saying anything negative about Harvin, on the contrary, there have been no shortage of reports that Harvin is a workout warrior and is excited to be with the Hawks.

1. I didn't come to "stir the pot", but it's clear that many Seahawks fans here aren't aware of some of Percy's issues in the past. Maybe it will be a problem in Seattle, maybe not. I'm only adding my 2 cents after following his entire NFL career to this point very, very closely.

2. I never said Harvin was faking an injury (although I am skeptical if it is really that serious). I am suspicious that he chose this course of action. On day #1 of training camp. Against team doctors recommendations. After a long history in Minnesota of being a practice-skipper for every possible health issue.
    AlaskanViking
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 pm
  • Oh well....he's not the first athlete to be as fragile as glass. Can't say that we didn't see this coming...then again, some believe in a miracle change in behavior with a new team.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:48 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

I understand your view, but here in Merica, the only reporters who ask tough questions are Bob Costas and Jerry Grey, and they really are c**ts. (and midgets) Local reporters don't have to ask tough questions, because La Canfora and Schefter will just make up two opposite answers to all the tough questions that went unasked.

Every journalist should be prepared to ask tough questions.

I really couldn't give two hoots about how Tarvaris Jackson looked on day one, or how "exciting" it was to see James Carpenter back, or whether Robert Turbin's role will be (insert overly complicated X's and O's spiel to try and sound clever). I wanted to know what the hell was going on with Percy.

That press conference yesterday was a waste of time and Tom Pelissero - with as far as I'm aware zero connections to Seattle or the Seahawks - managed to get better quotes from Pete Carroll just hours later. Probably with a bit of probing.

A lot of the hand wringing of the last 24 hours would've been avoided had the answers Pelissero managed to get been drained yesterday.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:59 pm
  • 1. I didn't come to "stir the pot", but it's clear that many Seahawks fans here aren't aware of some of Percy's issues in the past. Maybe it will be a problem in Seattle, maybe not. I'm only adding my 2 cents after following his entire NFL career to this point very, very closely.

2. I never said Harvin was faking an injury (although I am skeptical if it is really that serious). I am suspicious that he chose this course of action. On day #1 of training camp. Against team doctors recommendations. After a long history in Minnesota of being a practice-skipper for every possible health issue.[/quote]

Percy Harvin's history has been well documented on this site, we are all well aware of it.

Thank you kindly for the education though.
    Hawkpower
    NET Starter

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 pm
  • I really can't understand the panic given nobody has enough information to come to an informed conclusion. If he misses a few practices big whoop as long as he gets 2-3 in and is able to play in Green Bay all this drama amounts to exactly nothing. Even then unless we are talking surgery it isn't like we don't have the exact same offensive personnel and likely better depth at our weaker spots (except backup TE) then last year without Percy. Plus a franchise quarterback going into his second year (the year NFL players make their largest jump almost always) .
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:It's been awhile since there's been a mass suicide, anyone down? Looks like Safeway has applesauce on sale.

I'll break out the Kool Aid.

I had this same joke lined up. *cold shivers*
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Oh well....he's not the first athlete to be as fragile as glass. Can't say that we didn't see this coming...then again, some believe in a miracle change in behavior with a new team.

It would hardly be a "miracle" if a veteran wr went to a new team, a team as strong as Seattle and a team that is dedicated to not only winning but also to getting this wr the ball as often as possible, and suddenly the wr's interest in practice and preparation increases as a result of the new situation. Happens all the time.
    MissoulaHawk
    NET Starter

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:59 am
  • AlaskanViking wrote:
    Cartire wrote:

1. I didn't come to "stir the pot", but it's clear that many Seahawks fans here aren't aware of some of Percy's issues in the past. Maybe it will be a problem in Seattle, maybe not. I'm only adding my 2 cents after following his entire NFL career to this point very, very closely.

2. I never said Harvin was faking an injury (although I am skeptical if it is really that serious). I am suspicious that he chose this course of action. On day #1 of training camp. Against team doctors recommendations. After a long history in Minnesota of being a practice-skipper for every possible health issue.[/quote]

Thanks for the input AKV, of course we don't want to believe it but it did cross my mind as well. It's not like there isn't a track record and part of me even hopes that's the case for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the input though, I didn't read it as if you were trolling like many Niners with comments like "defenders will be targeting his hip and he will end up on IR". A big difference between your post and wishful thinking.

By the way, it's very refreshing to see a Vikings fan who doesn't seem to just hate us for obvious reasons. Welcome to the board. Stick around, hopefully you will be able to enjoy Harvin having a great year along with the rest of us.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information