Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:54 pm
  • Why are Niner fans on here so much? Don't they have their own forum?
    L
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Seriously guys. Why do we let Niner fans troll our main board so much now? Its really offputting to have to read constantly. Makes me second guess how much time i want to spend on the site. I come to discuss Hawks. Not read Niner fans having to give their 2 cents on every subject.

Could not agree more.

BAN THEM ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:His season probably isn't over, Clayton said worst case 13 weeks, best case 9

What a guessing hack. I would love to get paid millions of bucks to be a professional guesser too!

I should've included if he needs surgery
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Maybe our forum colors match their "kicks" better? Or is it just their wangster qb that does that?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Re: Harvin -
Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:00 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Shadyhawk182 wrote:Soooo...what are the chances hid season is done before starting?

I am actually just planning on him not being on the field all season while he watches his team tear it up.

Exactly
    KEWASTEES
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:I heard Kaepernick has a torn labia.

Not true. He's also got Testicular Tortion, AKA twisted nuts.
    Last edited by Rocket on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 pm
  • Seriously guys. Why do we let Niner fans troll our main board so much now? Its really offputting to have to read constantly. Makes me second guess how much time i want to spend on the site. I come to discuss Hawks. Not read Niner fans having to give their 2 cents on every subject.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:
    I am also contemplating not posting here much anymore because of this. There is another Hawk board I check out from time to time but that one has way less whiner 'blah" "blah" "blah".
    I will probably be over there more if these niner trolls don't start disappearing.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:06 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Alkasquawlik wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Ok, either way our recieving core is strong without him, providing Harvin is going to miss some time, let's hope Harper can step into the limelight and have some success fairly quickly as our #4.

Your wide receiver core may be fine, but IF he is on the PUP list to start the season, I think this really hurts your ST/return game, especially after letting Leon Washington go.

agreed, who's next to do the return duties if Harvin is out? Lane?

Golden Tate isn't half bad in the return game.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:11 pm
  • Clayton isn't a doctor though
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:11 pm
  • Debates making another Kaepernick thread so whiners can go gang post and derail that instead...
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 pm
  • Question, when is it OK to start feeling bummed about this trade?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 pm
  • For those who are thinking about not posting because of the Whiner crew, remember that if you do, they win.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:Question, when is it OK to start feeling bummed about this trade?

When he pulls a forearm muscle holding up the Lombardi trophy.

(or at least wait to find out if he is even going to miss a game from this, which I personally doubt he will)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:19 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:Question, when is it OK to start feeling bummed about this trade?

When he pulls a forearm muscle holding up the Lombardi trophy.

And I thought I deleted that post, so fast I injured my hip
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:19 pm
  • I bet Harvin doesn't miss any regular season games... It was probably just now mentioned because they had physicals yesterday (I think), Harvin mentioned hip pain, an MRI was done and they found a small tear. Doesn't sound like a recent injury to me
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:30 pm
  • As a .Net suck up, I will take this opportunity to remind those who are dismayed with the heavy 9ers fan presence that the site owner along with the mods stated earlier this year that they were going to relax the ban hammer in an interest of having more inter-division rival exchange.

Our visitors would probably not stop by as often if our own weren't consistently drumming up everything 9ers and posting it in the main forum instead of the NFL Forum.

This isn't a new found issue for most, maybe those who haven't been around in awhile are starting to notice? Not sure what to say but until the site management decides to tighten down on visiting fans I would suggest putting them on a foe list if it bothers you.

They seem no worse than some of our more infamous agitators over the years. Many seem to hold back on what they want to say because they know it will just become a circular debate with territorial arguments ensuing. Come week 2, should be a hornets nest and a lot of chest thumping once it is over.

Hopefully that will be Seahawks fans doing the woofing. Otherwise ... shoot me!
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:33 pm
  • drdiags wrote:As a .Net suck up, I will take this opportunity to remind those who are dismayed with the heavy 9ers fan presence that the site owner along with the mods stated earlier this year that they were going to relax the ban hammer in an interest of having more inter-division rival exchange...............

I see you brought your knee pads today my friend. :mrgreen:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:47 pm
  • I'm not dismayed Doc, just trying to get some info on our boy and I'm littered with Kyle Williams stats. Not looking to ban anyone just a little pollution control. I know Darwin will eventually take out the trash anyway.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:49 pm
  • Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 57s
    Percy Harvin yet to finalize 2nd opinion on hip, with that process ongoing. If surgery required as 1st Dr. recommended likely season ending
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:50 pm
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:Am i missing something here? When has Pete had prior experience with the players bolded?

PC/JS signed Avril and Bennett with full knowledge of their lingering health problems (Bennett: shoulder; Avril: foot). In the case of Bennett, offseason surgery was an option, but they opted to have him play 2013 through pain instead.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 pm
  • From day one, I considered the Harvin thing a luxury because the Hawks didn't need him. He is a huge addition to an offense that is quite functional without him.

If he can play, great, if he needs surgery, then get on with it. It isn't like they lost their feature guy because outside of Leon, the same personel that no one could stop for 4 quarters and sometimes 1 quarter is still intact.

I think Harvin is going to be huge for Seattle, but his loss isn't going to set them back. Too many options, RW gives the ball to everyone. Tate, Rice and Baldwin are trouble for anyone. Where is Chop-Chop anyways?
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 pm
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Seriously guys. Why do we let Niner fans troll our main board so much now? Its really offputting to have to read constantly. Makes me second guess how much time i want to spend on the site. I come to discuss Hawks. Not read Niner fans having to give their 2 cents on every subject.

Could not agree more.

Ditto. Bigger ban hammer.
    "We have to focus with every challenge we get. The bigger, the better. The more hyped, the better. We keep doing what we're doing. Tough matchups on the road, high-profile games - we want that, we feed off that, we should be able to develop the discipline to deal with that." Pete Carroll
    Hawkfish
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:56 pm
  • I think many Seahawk fans here make more 49er related posts then the 49er fans do. Should we ban all them too? (personally i'd fully support banning anybody with the word Kaepernick in their thread title).

Other then Seahawk fans obsession with Kaepernick I don't have too much problem with 49er fans being here. It beats just a circle jerk of Seahawk fans, imo.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:57 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:Question, when is it OK to start feeling bummed about this trade?

Come on now have a little faith besides he's a luxury for us we still have the exact same offensive personnel as last year with Wilson going into his second year so just relax even worst case scenario means nothing.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• mretrade wrote:Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 57s
    Percy Harvin yet to finalize 2nd opinion on hip, with that process ongoing. If surgery required as 1st Dr. recommended likely season ending

Ok guys seriously, if what LaCanfora just said is true I really do apologize for the bad news.

Remembering back to when I found out Crabtree was going to miss some time his season I was destroyed and I believe I swallowed my pride and "conceded the season" to you guys, which most of you took time out from our back and forth crap talk and tried to talk me "off the ledge" LOL.

Rivalry aside, I do respect you guys for being hardcore fans of your team, and I will be hoping for the best for Harvin.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:From day one, I considered the Harvin thing a luxury because the Hawks didn't need him. He is a huge addition to an offense that is quite functional without him.

If he can play, great, if he needs surgery, then get on with it. It isn't like they lost their feature guy because outside of Leon, the same personel that no one could stop for 4 quarters and sometimes 1 quarter is still intact.

I think Harvin is going to be huge for Seattle, but his loss isn't going to set them back. Too many options, RW gives the ball to everyone. Tate, Rice and Baldwin are trouble for anyone. Where is Chop-Chop anyways?

Edit: Sorry misread your quote.

Chop-Chop is Jermaine Kearse.

Honestly though, I'm a little agitated that every so called "impact" player we signed or traded for (aside from Winfield) has some kind of injury at the moment.
    King Dog
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:03 pm
    drdiags wrote:As a .Net suck up, I will take this opportunity to remind those who are dismayed with the heavy 9ers fan presence that the site owner along with the mods stated earlier this year that they were going to relax the ban hammer in an interest of having more inter-division rival exchange...............

I see you brought your knee pads today my friend. :mrgreen:

Trying to get extra rewards by kissing up to the man. I think you get a penny every two decades if you are a good boy around here ...
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:03 pm
  • The new Deion Branch
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:04 pm
  • Rocket wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:I heard Kaepernick has a torn labia.

Not true. He's also got Testicular Tortion, AKA twisted nuts.

*Shudder*, I'd rather have the torn labrum, or several torn labrums.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:05 pm
  • HOLLYWOOD wrote:I'm not dismayed Doc, just trying to get some info on our boy and I'm littered with Kyle Williams stats. Not looking to ban anyone just a little pollution control. I know Darwin will eventually take out the trash anyway.

Agree that going off-topic (just like I did with this thread) happens a lot more than it should. I was also trying to let ST81 know why we have a larger number of rival fans visiting, since he went on haitus from here for awhile, besides hanging out on the Sonics thread. Figured he might have missed when the mods let us know what they were thinking a while back.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:06 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Ok guys seriously, if what LaCanfora just said is true I really do apologize for the bad news.

Remembering back to when I found out Crabtree was going to miss some time his season I was destroyed and I believe I swallowed my pride and "conceded the season" to you guys, which most of you took time out from our back and forth crap talk and tried to talk me "off the ledge" LOL.

Rivalry aside, I do respect you guys for being hardcore fans of your team, and I will be hoping for the best for Harvin.

Can someone teach me how to post a picture on this forum. A double facepalm pic would really be appropriate for this post

NineLifer, mods in this thread are trying to keep the topic on Harvin on track. Literally 3 posts above yours. No reason to bring up Crabtree. We're going to get banned if we keep it up.
    Last edited by SoHo9erFan on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:08 pm
  • Opps, my first post covered my thoughts on the subject (phone posting sucks).
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:08 pm
  • Whatever happens I just hope we hear some news one way or the other by tomorrow
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:13 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    mretrade wrote:Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 57s

Ok guys seriously, if what LaCanfora just said is true I really do apologize for the bad news.

I feel so much rage right now I could smash a beer bottle over your head. :49ersmall:

Please leave.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:18 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:From day one, I considered the Harvin thing a luxury because the Hawks didn't need him. He is a huge addition to an offense that is quite functional without him.

I agree, if anything, that power run game will make it a lot easier for Harper to become effective. Seattle is still a very dangerous team with or without harvin.
    Last edited by Giedi on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:19 pm
  • Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m
    Interested to hear about Percy Harvin's 2nd opinion on Tues. Seahawks doctor didn't recommend surgery on hip. It is a possible option, tho

Real interesting. I wonder how severe it is. I hope it's not a season ending injury.
    "Go Hawks"
    Geologic
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:21 pm
  • I knew I didnt like la canfora, but he confirmed it in one tweet, do your job man.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm
  • so the first doctor DID NOT recommend surgery right?
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm
  • So uh LaCanfora went back and corrected himself on the first doctor's opinion? Or is the first doctor different from the team doctor?

EDIT: I see, it's Rapaport that says the first doc did not recommend surgery.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:31 pm
  • Geologic wrote:Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m
    Interested to hear about Percy Harvin's 2nd opinion on Tues. Seahawks doctor didn't recommend surgery on hip. It is a possible option, tho

Real interesting. I wonder how severe it is. I hope it's not a season ending injury.
    Just as I thought they are playing it safe. Like we need him before September 8th anyway. Be nice to see him against Green Bay just for timing with Wilson though.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:38 pm
  • It's ok guys, we still have Doug Baldwin
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:39 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:
    I am also contemplating not posting here much anymore because of this. There is another Hawk board I check out from time to time but that one has way less whiner 'blah" "blah" "blah".
    I will probably be over there more if these niner trolls don't start disappearing.

Weak. Posts like these make me ashamed to be associated with fans with this attitude. Some fans that post here are so mentally weak or insecure....maybe both. Until I joined this board I didn't know how the majority of fans acted. I will have to say Im disapointed by the overreaction. You were all fine with it yesterday and today you choose to cry about it? Grow up.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:41 pm
  • Geologic wrote:Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m

Man........so many different opinions on this, don't know who to believe anymore lol. Just hoping that Harvin is ok.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:His season probably isn't over, Clayton said worst case 13 weeks, best case 9

What a guessing hack. I would love to get paid millions of bucks to be a professional guesser too!

Pretty sure Clayton doesn't make $400,000 let alone millions.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:44 pm
  • Next man up.....
    Pinch me, I'm dreamin right?
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm
  • Regardless, for the $ Harvin is making I'd prefer he doesn't return kicks anyways.
    Hendo66
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:52 pm
  • Hendo66 wrote:Regardless, for the $ Harvin is making I'd prefer he doesn't return kicks anyways.

I get where people are coming from when they say this, but I guess that I feel like for the $$$ Harvin is making, we'd better get our money's worth out of him. Get him as many touches as we can to recoup that investment on the field.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:10 pm
  • Just spoke to my PT wife about recovery and such.

She thinks that after some rest if the tear was very minor he could come back after a few weeks. Of course there's a very good chance he re-injures and significantly tears it more. Most likely though he will have to have surgery done and the normal recovery is 8-12 weeks.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:Bleacher Report is implying that surgery is very likely and he may not be the same Harvin after. Here is the link but remember it is Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1716 ... s-receiver

Come on BR? These Gus aren't even journalist, for all we know the guy who wrote it is one of the trolling 9er fans.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information