Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Uh oh.....

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Percy Harvin will get a second opinion on his ailing hip early next week. Should know more about his availability then.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RapSheet via TweetDeck
What is new #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin (hip) battling? I'm told it's a slight tear in the labrum. Second opinion will be important.

Greatttt..

Barthawk

Reaction score
Carroll has been notoriously cautious at the outset of camp.. I remember Baldwin, Rice being limited last year early on.. Red Bryant too.. better to ensure their health is top notch as the season approaches.. I thought he participated in the mini-camps (edit.. saw the message below)

fresher legs is the positive I see from this.. I am sure RW will have a homework package for him since he is not on the field :)

dbmack

Reaction score
He was battling with it back in June during the OTAs.

Seahawks | Percy Harvin in good shape
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:46:51 -0700

Updating a previous report, Seattle Seahawks WR Percy Harvin (hip) sat out organized team activities (OTAs) this week due to what head coach Pete Carroll said was "a little bit of a hip flexor" issue that has been bothering the receiver. However, Carroll doesn't seem concerned, and said Harvin's fitness was good. "We're trying to get him back next week, so we rested him a couple days. He's done tons of work and looks great. We have no question what he can do and where he's fitting and he understands the offense," Carroll said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/20748/nfl/pe ... z2a5KHOQuK

Barthawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1m3h3319 said:
Well, the labrum tear would be a season-ender.

It depends on the severity of the tear... My doctor said that I prolly had my shoulder tear for 3-4 years before I displayed any symptoms.. looking back I did I have issues but they were minor and the Army didn't give me 20M guaranteed to suit up either.. The Hawks are going to be cautious with their investment because they can afford to be on 25Jul..

Status
Not open for further replies.