Limited or elite RW jersey?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hey all,

I apologize, because I know this question has been asked before. The 'search' function ignores the word 'jersey' (too common?) so I can't find the old threads. I'm looking for a jersey that I can wear not just to the game, but also around town, at bars when watching the game, etc, and was wondering what people's thoughts were on the Limited jerseys vs Elite? I'm looking to pick up a RW, but am leery of dropping $250. Any major complaints about either variety of jersey?

Thanks all,
J

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I have a limited Earl Thomas and a game (screenprinted) Wilson. I like the limited quite a bit better, get more "cool jersey" comments from the limited Thomas. Am real happy with the limited and my next one will be a limited, its worth the extra $35 IMHO. Never had an Elite so I cannot help you there.

vant

Reaction score
Elite has very stiff fabric that feels very high quality. The only issue is, it's also slightly less comfortable.

In addition, Elite doesn't come in small (size 38). It also doesn't come in women's, incase you wanted to match with the misses.

jhawk91

Reaction score
I actually got an elite despite hearing it wasn't as comfortable and its not that bad at all. I like the fabric much better than the stuff they use on the neck feathers and on the shoulder like it would on a game or limited jersey

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I have an elite (well actually two), and a game day. I honestly hate wearing my game day cus the quality just can't compare to the elite. BUT I didn't want to buy the grey jersey in anything higher than gameday because I like to wear colors that the team is wearing that Sunday and grey gets worn the least.

Anyway, for me $250 isn't a killer for an elite jersey because I am a STH, so I wear it to all the games. I wear it every blue friday. and I wear it a lot just going out. I definitely got my money's worth out of the jersey.

I do plan to buy a limited for my white jersey though. As there's nothing wrong with those. IMO the limited are definitely the best bang for your buck. It's only $40 more than the game day but you get stitching and some cool technical stuff on it. And it's a $100 cheaper than the elite which is only cut a little bit different, slightly bigger numbers, and has the technical fabric all around (but is that worth $115 more..absolutely not).

Anyway, if you can afford the Elite, and will get your money's worth out of it. I'd say it's worth it. Just make sure you get a jersey you can wear for a long time, maybe someone you think will retire with the hawks (or hope will) like Lynch, Wilson has obviously a bright future assuming his rookie year wasn't a fluke, or of course 12th man you can wear for all time until they change the jersey again, which isn't allowed for another 4 years I believe.

If you see yourself regretting the Elite by buying the limited, just pony up. If you just want a jersey with stitched names and numbers, and rather spend that $115 on something else (like a nice pair of jeans to go with your jersey)...lol nothing wrong with that either.

p.s. I love wearing my Elite, the fabric and extra quality on it although not worth the money from a manufacturing standpoint, just feels nice. The fact that Elites cost $115 more than the limited does prevent a lot of people from buying them, which in a way makes your jersey more rare...which for me is a nice feeling from a stuck up point of view ;) especially when I'm in the office and all the band wagon fans are wearing their game days jerseys. Just being honest.

Claden

Reaction score
I have a few game versions and limited. I have an elite too which I really like a lot. Everything about it feels "heavy duty". I want to get another one. But in a much smaller size this time. The 48 is a bit big.
If the money is not the issue, I'd say get the elite. But try it on first so you get one that fits. ;)