Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Really the worst call in nfl history?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:26 pm 
* NET Sports Handicapper *

I get the sense that some of the old-timers and daily readers are a bit frustrated that this came up again... This may be an old topic, but I'm all in favor of allowing people to vent their spleens again. This was a really big call for the Seahawks in general - and important to the franchise (I realize this is a debatable point - but the reality is that RW might not have been a continued lock at starter had this game been lost). Lots of reasons to earmark this as a pivotal game in franchise history. The legend of RW and the mystique of MNF continued for the Seahawks.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:13 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

It is probably one of the worst, but definitely not the worst. Some horrific calls that changed the outcomes of playoff games would be more horrific than the fail mary.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm 
* NET Sage *

It was a bad call and we were on the right side of it for a change, but the hilarious thing behind all this is it didn't change a damn thing. We were locked into the 5 seed.. the Packers had a shot at the bye and blew it.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp for so many people.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:39 am 
NET Veteran

I'll take a page from the NFL's response after SBXL, it had "elements" of a TD. Therefor it was a justified call. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:57 pm 
NET Starter

bubbrubb wrote:
Uh.....no....the replacements were pretty bad. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but real ref dont make conflicting calls at a crucial point in the game....They'll discuss first. Look at it objectively and i think its fair to say it was one of the worst calls in history.

Please got educate yourself before you make statements like this.

Read:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

http://lifexinxrewind.wordpress.com/201 ... eree-crew/

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:03 pm 
NET Starter

kobebryant wrote:
Even as a Hawks fan if I am being objective it was an awful call.
But I don't blame that on the refs - those men were in way over their heads and way under qualified. It was the NFL's fault for letting the Ref dispute get to that point and it shouldn't have a taken a catastrophe to get the regular refs back.

Plus, I was at that game and it made for a great ending and 'victory' for the good guys. Though I wish people would stop saying that game got the Hawks in the playoffs (they held the tiebreaker over both the Bears and Vikes).

Sorry guys but you're wrong here. This was textbook simultaneous possession. Don't get hung up on the PI. That has happened tons of times and if you look at the end of this article it gives you examples of other end of game instances where PI in the endzone was not called.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 pm 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:
I'll take a page from the NFL's response after SBXL, it had "elements" of a TD. Therefor it was a justified call. :)

Thanks Mike Pereira! ;)

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 pm 
NET Veteran

SeaWolv wrote:
kobebryant wrote:
Even as a Hawks fan if I am being objective it was an awful call.
But I don't blame that on the refs - those men were in way over their heads and way under qualified. It was the NFL's fault for letting the Ref dispute get to that point and it shouldn't have a taken a catastrophe to get the regular refs back.

Plus, I was at that game and it made for a great ending and 'victory' for the good guys. Though I wish people would stop saying that game got the Hawks in the playoffs (they held the tiebreaker over both the Bears and Vikes).

Sorry guys but you're wrong here. This was textbook simultaneous possession. Don't get hung up on the PI. That has happened tons of times and if you look at the end of this article it gives you examples of other end of game instances where PI in the endzone was not called.

Exactly. Folks and many in the media need to read the "rules of possession" and the simultaneous possession rule. It was the RIGHT call, the call that was missed was the offensive PI on Tate, that is what the wailing and crying should have been over!

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]