Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Tha Monstar Will Not be Outworked
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:12 pm 
NET Starter

Another player with a great attitude.

https://twitter.com/ThaMonstar/status/3 ... 04/photo/1

Attachments:
Pf01J.St.5.jpg
Pf01J.St.5.jpg [ 25.89 KiB | Viewed 1966 times ]

Post subject: Re: Tha Monstar Will Not be Outworked
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:16 pm 
NET Veteran

I like him. Has upside to be a Red Bryant type. Won't be much of a pass rusher and I do have some concerns about those chicken legs and knees. He's very, very top heavy, but can still be a good 3 and 5 tech on run downs again a la Big Red. And much like Red, I don't like him at 1 tech. His legs aren't as long as Red's, but they're skinny and contrary to popular belief I don't really like him at 1 tech/NT.

People see 323 pounds and think it's simple. It's not, but he can still be a very good player.

Last edited by vin.couve12 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 pm 
USMC 1970-77

I sure hope he can bring it. We need the DL help.

:thumbup:

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 pm 
NET Veteran

He'll be a run-stopping machine. 1st and 2nd down to spell Red at least initially. Give him a couple years of NFL coaching and who knows? The most important part is that he wants to work hard. That's all you can ask of a guy.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:09 am 
NET Rookie

Nice "Beast Mode" tat :th2thumbs:

Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My all time favorite sports memory
"The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 am 
NET Veteran

I think, he feels ready to make an impact on the field as quickly as possible, and it's hard not to like that. He knows what people have been saying about his ability to make an impact as a pass rusher, and about the concerns people have/had about his knees. It looks like he is studying hard and doing work in the weight room...hard not to be excited about him.

Played some fullback, plays rugby, can fit any scheme, and it's easy to see what PC&JS saw in the fella.

Top 5-10 DT in college football, 2x National Champion (played on some big stages), projected to go at a high round and the 'hawks get a great steal (ala Sherm, Russ, etc) in round five.

Did Seattle just break the game??

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:11 am 
NET Starter

Vin, I agree that Jesse's legs look disproportionately slender compared to his upper body, but I used to think the same thing about Shawn Kemp, and his legs were strong enough to launch him way over the rim. I'm not a sports scientist, but I'd be surprised if muscle strength is directly related to muscle bulk.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I bet his knee is just fine.

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

SmokinHawk wrote:

Knowing how John and Pete work, I agree. They wouldn't draft a guy for a need position with significant injury concerns.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:01 am 
* NET Nobody *

That's the definition of a "Barrel Chested Man."

In the skinny legs department, Warren Sapp's legs always looked too skinny to hold him up.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

lol, he's like Bluto.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

I am assuming that the Hawk trainers will be working on his legs to bolster the muscle mass. I too am less concerned about his legs.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Can hardly wait for Training Camp to begin...then we will see who he can "push around". ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

FlyingGreg wrote:
SmokinHawk wrote:

Knowing how John and Pete work, I agree. They wouldn't draft a guy for a need position with significant injury concerns.

They are draft day pirates, to be sure. They have pillaged the fifth round, picking massively talented players seemingly every draft. I not only suspect that Williams will continue in the same tradition of fifth round excellence, I expect it. Williams will play significant time this season, and given the opportunity, will absolutely dominate the middle of the line.

Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:14 pm 
NET Starter

godawg wrote:
Vin, I agree that Jesse's legs look disproportionately slender compared to his upper body, but I used to think the same thing about Shawn Kemp, and his legs were strong enough to launch him way over the rim. I'm not a sports scientist, but I'd be surprised if muscle strength is directly related to muscle bulk.

I think it may also be a muscle density thing.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:23 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

FlyingGreg wrote:

Well, they did draft Walter Thurmond and trade a pick for a very unhealthy Leon Washington, and they were no more or less of a need than Williams.

Maybe Williams' knee holds up, but he was a 1st-2nd round talent depending on who you asked (I would have said 1st- as a NT), and guys with that kind of talent and track record don't fall to the 5th round because they have short arms. Anyone who believes that, especially for a nose tackle type, is just being silly.

Seattle could have taken Williams in the 2nd, but didn't. They could have taken him in the 3rd, but didn't. They could have taken him in the 4th, but didn't. They even passed on him to take a much lower rated player at the same position. In other words, I think it's pretty obvious that the knee concerns at least played a role in this. Without the knee concerns, Williams is probably not even making it to our #56 pick.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran

They are extremely thorough at the combine. I think it's silly to just shrug off a player's injury concerns because John and Pete drafted him.

That said, we seem to have the best strength and conditioning staff in the NFL. If anyone can strengthen his legs and support that knee, it's our guys.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 pm 
NET Starter

People have several times mentioned the specter of Marcus Tubbs, whose dominance lasted for one season. If I recall, Tubbs was not known for his work ethic, and I would guess that he was not as devoted to conditioning his legs as Williams. Time will tell, but as Kearly had mentioned in a previous post, if we get 3-4 good years from Tha Monstar, he'll be a fifth round steal.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:35 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Man I really hope that his knees don't hold him back anymore, I really want to see what he can do for our team.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawks46 wrote:
They are extremely thorough at the combine. I think it's silly to just shrug off a player's injury concerns because John and Pete drafted him.

That said, we seem to have the best strength and conditioning staff in the NFL. If anyone can strengthen his legs and support that knee, it's our guys.

...and our strength and conditioning staff can only make a difference if he uses them. Instead, he's in Australia tumbling loader tires around. DUMB!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:52 pm 
NET Starter

mr kearly,

and trade a pick for a very unhealthy Leon Washington

no disrespect, but did you think the leon Washington was a bad trade?

i'm no expert, but I was exited by what could be when we got him. and I believe he delivered. I understand why they did it but I was sad to see him go.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Blitzer88 wrote:
Man I really hope that his knees don't hold him back anymore, I really want to see what he can do for our team.

Can you explain. You seem like this has been a major issue for him in the past.

He hurt his knee in the 3rd QTR of the SEC Championship, came back in the 4th QTR of that game. Had an MRI, had a few weeks of recovery, came back was able to practice with team when post-season practices began (without non-contact) jersey, and played vs Notre Dame in the BCS.

Smartly, of course he had his knee scoped at the end of the season in which he declined invitation to the Senior Bowl and only participated in the Bench Press at the Combine. He was recovered enough by his Pro Day to post an outstanding 4.92 40 at 323 pounds.

Since joining the Seahawks, I've read nothing on the Seahawks holding him back in practice because of his knees, I've only heard positives things about both Defensive Tackles but nothing negative on Jesse Williams' knees... and the Seahawks are giving Jesse Williams first crack at Branch's spot pretty much telling him that its his job to lose. Do what you do well and its his.

Even allowing the Williams to practice on his own in Australia, tells me that the Seahawks are very confident about William's medical concerns. Sure they'll monitor the knee has a pre-caution but I don't think these issues need to continue to be overblown until Williams actually has an issue with it that's worth talking about.

So far since his injury, there hasn't been any complications other than in the draft. But this is a copy cat vs take a chance league... Majority of the teams could have a medical red flag on Williams, has more teams passed on him, the other half are thinking there must be something really wrong with this guy, so they pass as well, and this continues until one team think he is worth the chance.

Seahawks were that team.

#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:43 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:

Can you explain. You seem like this has been a major issue for him in the past.

He hurt his knee in the 3rd QTR of the SEC Championship, came back in the 4th QTR of that game. Had an MRI, had a few weeks of recovery, came back was able to practice with team when post-season practices began (without non-contact) jersey, and played vs Notre Dame in the BCS.

Smartly, of course he had his knee scoped at the end of the season in which he declined invitation to the Senior Bowl and only participated in the Bench Press at the Combine. He was recovered enough by his Pro Day to post an outstanding 4.92 40 at 323 pounds.

Since joining the Seahawks, I've read nothing on the Seahawks holding him back in practice because of his knees, I've only heard positives things about both Defensive Tackles but nothing negative on Jesse Williams' knees... and the Seahawks are giving Jesse Williams first crack at Branch's spot pretty much telling him that its his job to lose. Do what you do well and its his.

Even allowing the Williams to practice on his own in Australia, tells me that the Seahawks are very confident about William's medical concerns. Sure they'll monitor the knee has a pre-caution but I don't think these issues need to continue to be overblown until Williams actually has an issue with it that's worth talking about.

So far since his injury, there hasn't been any complications other than in the draft. But this is a copy cat vs take a chance league... Majority of the teams could have a medical red flag on Williams, has more teams passed on him, the other half are thinking there must be something really wrong with this guy, so they pass as well, and this continues until one team think he is worth the chance.

Seahawks were that team.

I'm just talking about the knee issues that occurred recently, in the championship game, and resulted in his drop in the draft, if is as big of a concern as teams deemed, I hope he can over come it and perform very well for us which I fully expect him to do. I know that is it wasn't something that has plagued him his entire career, I just hope that it isn't as bad as some teams seemed to believe and he can come out and prove the teams that passed him up that they made a mistake.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]