Russell to rice vs patriots

Aristotle22

Reaction score
On espn today Ron jaworski was talking about Sam Bradford. He showed a play the Rams had against the patriots. It was literally the same play seattle had against them. The play was pretty close to the same yardage. Play action, roll out to right and hit his receiver at about the two after he split the safeties. I just thought it interesting

kearly

Reaction score
Pretty similar. The Rams version was well outside the hashes though; the Rice catch had him glide back into the middle. He basically split the middle of the field where he caught his.

Secondary play didn't appear to be a particular strength of the Pats last season.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Rice is underrated by everyone, even Seahawks fans. With Harvin commanding a lot of defensive attention next year, I think Rice will step up and have a big year. Best #2 receiver in the league!

A

Anonymous

Aristotle22":y7o98rnr said:
On espn today Ron jaworski was talking about Sam Bradford. He showed a play the Rams had against the patriots. It was literally the same play seattle had against them. The play was pretty close to the same yardage. Play action, roll out to right and hit his receiver at about the two after he split the safeties. I just thought it interesting

Don't feel bad, Barney Fife, we have to be careful around here or Kip will make us all look like we should have paid closer attention. . .

I was surprised, actually, that we didn't test that Patriots secondary early and often, instead of making it a nail biter at the end like that. It is clear that some things were seen on tape in that Rams game.

I'm going to take two things from this observation:

1.) Russell probably knew that play would work. And...
2.) The coaching staff had the wearwithall to do it at the right time.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":vi7wg0et said:
Aristotle22":vi7wg0et said:

I was surprised, actually, that we didn't test that Patriots secondary early and often, instead of making it a nail biter at the end like that. .

I think that had something to do with Wilson still being the rookie and Pete hadn't given him all the reins just yet. If Wilson goes out slinging and makes a rookie mistake, they can't get back in it. Best game plan was ball control. When they got into the second half, Wilson took control of the team and brought them back for that win, it was all on Wilson anyways at that point so Pete pretty much had to go for it. But Wilson proved he was up to the task and after that Carroll said he would be opening up the playbook more.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":1htm6yo9 said:

I noticed the same thing. I have one pressing question thought, "Why in the puck aren't we seeing more of Ron Jaworski?!" The man is a phenomenal broadcaster and judge of QB talent! I hang on his every word and there is so much to be learned from his vast experience! More Jaworski please!

Latest posts