Little nugget from ESPN chat

Cartire

Reaction score
love it, but I have to ask, did you take a picture of your computer screen, just to upload it back to your computer? Print Screen next time. Will save you time and also improve quaility. And also not create a paradoxical worm hole.

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2mu4g30c said:
I'm a dummy and I don't know how to do things the right way.

ahh, makes more since. Then again, I was pretty excited to see that worm hole.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Cartire":1n1cg394 said:
love it, but I have to ask, did you take a picture of your computer screen, just to upload it back to your computer? Print Screen next time. Will save you time and also improve quaility. And also not create a paradoxical worm hole.

I was thinking the same thing.

Then I realized that with my phone it's actually faster to take a picture and upload it immediately to skydrive or photobucket and instantly have a link rather than having to printscreen/paste/save/upload.

Cartire

Reaction score
I read through the entire chat, and I have to admit, I love Matts format for his chats. He covers the entire league and not just one division in his chats. Really cool.

Points of Interest.

-He Takes the Hawks CB's and says having Winfield at #3 is criminal (to the rest of the league, not to Winfield.)
-Considers Wilson as an MVP candidate behind Rodgers and Manning.
-Likes the joke of Marino's and Sanders baby being Wilson
-Scoffed at the idea of a superbowl in Seattle because he hates cold weather super bowls.
-NFC has way more contenders then AFC

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire, I'd add another one to your list of points.

ESPN Chat":322lhqkt said:
Murph (Portland)
Which player new to the NFL (rookie) or to a new team (or off from major injury?) are you most interested seeing in pads when things start heating up?
Matt Williamson (12:44 PM)
As rookie classes go, I would say this is a boring one by that measure...Harvin comes to mind right away. But also a guy like J Casey in Philly. Like everyone else, I am excited to see Chip's plans

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Williamson was high on Wilson very early on. Russell is making the dude look like a genius, so yeah, I would keep riding that train, too.

From an August 2012 article:

"I think Russell Wilson is going to be great," Williamson said Thursday in explaining why he forecast Seattle as the NFC West champion in 2012.

"I very much believe Russell Wilson will have the best year of any quarterback in the division," Williamson said.

In Wilson, Williamson see the potential for Cam Newton-type production. He thought Wilson, a third-round choice, should have gone a round earlier.

"One thing about him, his college history shows he doesn’t turn the ball over," Williamson said. "He'll do more at this level, but he is not going to hurt the team the way rookie quarterbacks usually do. He's very smart, really knows where to go with the ball."

"I trust Wilson to make more plays," Williamson explained. "I think he's going to rush for 40 yards a game and he's not a runner first. That can extend drives. He scores touchdowns, where Alex Smith scores field goals. Wilson puts up a ton of points at every level -- N.C. State, Wisconsin, the preseason with Seattle. There is no down side to him, except he’s short. But he knows how to get around that."

Williamson went with Pete Carroll as his projected coach of the year.

"We'll look back in 16 games and say, 'Wow, naming Wilson the starter over Matt Flynn was a gutsy move by Coach Carroll and that is why they won the West,' " Williamson said.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would say, if we had won the West, Carroll would've had a much better chance at coach of the year.

Then again, Pagano's bout with cancer was a feel good story that would be hard to unseat with any perfomance.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawks46":39keg68q said:
I would say, if we had won the West, Carroll would've had a much better chance at coach of the year.

Then again, Pagano's bout with cancer was a feel good story that would be hard to unseat with any perfomance.

Cancer beats skill every time.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2r192olb said:
Hawks46":2r192olb said:

Cancer beats skill every time.

Feel good story of the year aside, Pagano might be the most overrated coach I've ever seen.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":1vov5vw5 said:
Feel good story of the year aside, Pagano might be the most overrated coach I've ever seen.

We're about to see that this year. Losing record for the Colts; book it. 7-9 or 6-10.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3usdby9y said:
CANHawk":3usdby9y said:

We're about to see that this year. Losing record for the Colts; book it. 7-9 or 6-10.

I dont know about that. Lucks the real deal

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":re6w2gow said:
RolandDeschain":re6w2gow said:
CANHawk":re6w2gow said:

I dont know about that. Lucks the real deal

Yeah, but the rest of his team isn't.

kearly

Reaction score
Tyrion Lanister is TV's #1 character right now. Brian Cranston surprises at times with Walter White, but I don't even think he's the best character from his own show. Mike (Ehrmantraut) is the best Breaking Bad character; Gus is a close second. Never understood the love for Jesse Pinkman. Oh, and Skylar needs to die. I think that covers it.

Regarding Pagano, to be fair, he didn't win coach of the year. Arians did. That said, Pagano did get more votes than Carroll, both Harbaugh brothers, Belichick and every other non-Arians choice... combined. How dumb is that? If I was an NFL coach and I came down with cancer and almost won coach of the year for it, I'd feel almost insulted. Nobody wants to win an award out of pity. Unless it's sex.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
kearly":iks6155s said:
Tyrion Lanister is TV's #1 character right now. Brian Cranston surprises at times with Walter White, but I don't even think he's the best character from his own show. Mike (Ehrmantraut) is the best Breaking Bad character; Gus is a close second. Never understood the love for Jesse Pinkman. Oh, and Skylar needs to die. I think that covers it.

Jesse Pinkman has one of the best (if not THE best) character developments in the entire show.

I don't think Arians earned coach of the year last year mostly based off the easy schedule. People need to focus on SOS during or after the fact, not before the fact. I think that Luck will improve over last year and they will be an improved, but not there yet, 7-9ish team, similar to our teams arch.

Sometimes it really freaks me out when I think that we could have easily lost Russell waiting until the 3rd. I don't think I could have waited if I was Schneider. It's one of those gambles, like in poker when you have pocket Aces but there's always that fluke hand out there, the percentages may be with you, but you never can know for sure. I love that our FO was aware enough to wait as long as they could, but it still freaks me out. After watching him in college, which I don't watch often, I remember seeing a few of his games and thinking, this kid is scary good. I never thought we would actually get him and that he would be this f-ing good. 66 days.

kearly

Reaction score
Pinkman sucks. He's whiny, annoying, pathetic (though he gets much more interesting/complex in seasons 3 and 4). Aaron Paul's acting was awful in seasons 1 and 2, though to his credit he got a lot better later- not award nominee worthy IMO, but good enough that his nominations weren't a complete sham.

I like Breaking Bad, but I hate how Vince Gilligan domineers his characters to take unfathomable courses of action only because they need to for him to advance the plot in a certain way. I don't care much for that at all. Pinkman and Skylar seem to be his two favorite tools for that end, which is part of why I dislike them as much as I do.

I think most of my antipathy is probably just because of Aaron Paul though. I mean, if they got Pehawk to play the part, Pinkman would be dynamite I'm sure. But not everyone can be Pehawk.

Fun story- Gilligan initially planned to kill Pinkman off at the end of season 2, but decided against it and did a re-write. In fairness, Pinkman's best moments came in seasons 3 and 4, so I'm glad he got to stick around.

It's probably the most uneven show I've watched. Occasionally brilliant, but often frustrating. It's worth the lumps, but there are rough patches. The supporting characters are what make it worth it. Saul being another one. I completely forgot about "Better call" Saul. That character was a stroke of genius and Bob Odenkirk nails it.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
The character of Jesse was planned to be killed off prior to the writers strike, that's true. I'm glad they didn't go that route as, again I think that Jesse is one of the most complex characters on the show. I think you need to rewatch from the beginning to truly see his transformation. Walter White has completely compromised his moral character and destroyed his life. I don't think it's "whiny" to be upset if your girlfriend chokes on her own vomit, unbeknownst to you because your "father figure" is too self-interested to stop her from dying. It's also not "whiny" to see a dude's head crushed by an ATM or to have to murder multiple people (Tuco, Gale - who is an "innocent" in this world). He has no real connections with anyone, throughout the series, his parents abandon him, his aunt dies of cancer, etc.... I'm going off on a major tangent on a football forum, but I think you are completely missing a layer in the series. The concept of "Mr. Chips to Scarface" and how it affects the people around him is far more fascinating to me than the actual "badass-ness" that is Heisenberg.

The show is far from uneven, sorry, but I think you're f-ing nuts to believe that. It's hardly "realistic" but it is fascinating writing, acting and cinematography.