Jeremy Lane

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Not just his CB skills - dude is money on special teams as well.

He downed quite a few punts deep in enemy territory to help the field position battle.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I love Jeremy Lane!

I really can't believe people didn't like him after his starts this last season.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
His special Teams plays was a revelation last year. I'm interested to see if he can't take that next step.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lane is gonna be a good player for us. May not be a star, but will be a consistent contributor for us if he keeps improving.

zhawk

Reaction score
I believe this comment has added no value to the conversation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I really don't remember any really negative criticism on Lane. He did well for a rookie 5th round draft pick from a Div. II school. Any one who thought otherwise must expect Richard Sherman or Kam Chanchellor impact players out of the 5th round or something. And that's insane.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Lane is a quality slot defender. Playing behind Winfield will do wonders for his game.

Cartire

Reaction score
im gonna be honest, ive rewatched all the games numerous times in the last couple months and Im not as sold on Lane as others here.

Lanes biggest pro is his speed. Thus why his special team impact as a gunner has worked well for us. His play on the field shows his speed well while he was starting at CB in place of browner. But he lost receivers a few times on the all-22. Most the times, the ball wasnt thrown his way, but you could see his coverages were shaky. A lot of this can easily be attributed to lack of experience, but it can also be a telling sign. On top of that, he lacks the physical presence that we have grown accustomed to in our scheme. I know others will hate this comparison, but he reminds me a lot of Josh Wilson (but taller, thank god). Great speed, but lacks the ability to win on the line.

I wont say hes bad, or that he will be bad, but I would like to see him gain more experience and see if that helps. However, if our secondary remains healthy, special teams may be his only venture on this team for awhile. Not a bad thing by any means.

mikeak

Reaction score
zhawk":zkpubspu said:
I believe this comment has added no value to the conversation.

Funny "Lane is great" - no issue apparently
Lane sucks - apparent issue

So two statements based on opinion with nothing to back it up. They bring equal amounts of value but one apparently needs commenting on how worthless of a post it is.

Interesting

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I remember when Browner was suspended he started a home game against someone (Was it the Cardinals? Rams? and he completely whiffed on a pretty simple tackle, I mean it happens to the best of them but it was kind of one of those "Browner makes that play 99% of the time." He is feisty, but I wouldn't say feisty necessarily means he's physical enough.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Cartire":2hk1vwro said:
im gonna be honest, ive rewatched all the games numerous times in the last couple months and Im not as sold on Lane as others here.

Lanes biggest pro is his speed. Thus why his special team impact as a gunner has worked well for us. His play on the field shows his speed well while he was starting at CB in place of browner. But he lost receivers a few times on the all-22. Most the times, the ball wasnt thrown his way, but you could see his coverages were shaky. A lot of this can easily be attributed to lack of experience, but it can also be a telling sign. On top of that, he lacks the physical presence that we have grown accustomed to in our scheme. I know others will hate this comparison, but he reminds me a lot of Josh Wilson (but taller, thank god). Great speed, but lacks the ability to win on the line.

I wont say hes bad, or that he will be bad, but I would like to see him gain more experience and see if that helps. However, if our secondary remains healthy, special teams may be his only venture on this team for awhile. Not a bad thing by any means.

Good thing Seahawks without or without Lane are still easily have the best CB corps in the NFL

Sherman > Browner > Winfield > Thurmond > Lane > Maxwell > Shead > Parker > Simon

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've been on the Lane Train since camp last year when he was physically scrapping with guys like tate and stuff competing his ass off and being aggressive, you could tell he wanted it. I wasn't too worried when he had to step in and play last year.