Question about first jersey

Veilside

Reaction score
So I've wanted a jersey for a while but never got around to getting one. I'm going to my first training camp day and I figure there will be an opportunity to get some signatures so I need something to get signed.

My question is, is $100 the cheapest you can get a quality jersey for and how do the sizes work incomparison to shirt sizes?

Also, is there anything else that people get signed other than jerseys in case I can't get one?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
$100 is pretty reasonable for a good jersey.

With regards to size, with the new style of Nike products - go bigger. If you normally wear L, go at least XL.

Signing wise...I brought a white Seahawks cap that I had Pete Carroll sign on the bill last summer. They also hand out autograph sheets when you check into VMAC....had Kam, Brandon Browner and a few others sign that.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
If you get a jersey for signatures, get a grey or white. Maybe that goes without saying, but I said it anyway. Yes, $100 is the standard for an official "game" (the most basic, with printed letters and numbers instead of stitched-on). There are plenty of ways to find cheaper knock-offs, but you take your chances. Some are virtually identical to the real deal, but some are awful. I saw a teenage kid in one that had big green triangles on the shoulders. Not the curvy, inverted chocolate chip shape of the actual unis, but a big awkward TRIANGLE. So... maybe go official for your first one.

If not a jersey, do a search for "white panel football" on Amazon ($30-$40) after using the .NET Amazon link, of course.

rsm650

Reaction score
You can probably find cheap official Flynn, Williams, or other vacant player jerseys online; although personally I wouldn't buy the Flynn one since it's more conspicuous. So, you can bet on buying a $100 minimum official jersey unless you check out eBay, the Reebok ones, or the knock offs.

Regarding the sizes, I am a pretty thin but tall guy and regularly wear large t-shirts. I found that I needed to size down to a medium Nike jersey. If you have very broad shoulders then I wouldn't size down.

You could get a rally towel at the pro shop online for cheap to get autographed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you are not dead set on a jersey, (as Hawkaroundtheclock said) something that works very well for autographs are the team footballs like this:

Medium_701131_SHAutoBrownPanelFootball.jpg

[urltargetblank]https://proshop.seahawks.com/ProductDetail.aspx?C1=2575&CategoryID=2602&ProductID=39171[/urltargetblank]

They are $30 and great for autographs.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the balls are great for multiple sigs.

personally I prefer 8x10 photos, then frame them with a nice matte.

this sherman one is an 8x10 that they were selling at his autograph signing a few weeks ago. For size comparison the RW pic is a 16x20 I bought off the team photo store. With a nice matte, the autographed pic doesn't seem too small. I think i got the cheap-o frame and matte at target for like 22 bucks for a pack of two of them.

Pics zpsd45d4335

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3dezjf2b said:
If you get a jersey for signatures, get a grey or white. Maybe that goes without saying, but I said it anyway. Y.

They do sell white sharpies...if you can get someone to use one (which can be difficult), the white ink against a dark background looks AWESOME.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I've had a white Seahawks ball cap the last couple years, it's full of signatures, works well. A lot of people bring footballs, plaques, cards, pictures, posters. It will be pretty crowded this year as the practices have essentially sold out very fast, small items will work best, Bring extra sharpies.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'd go throwback for your first jersey. A nice Largent or Tez. That way if that player gets hurt or just sucks you won't feel responsible. The first jersey I bought myself was a Walter Jones in 09. The next one I bought was an Aaron Curry. See what I'm getting at.

A

Anonymous

CALIHAWK1":rv6cmlvq said:
I'd go throwback for your first jersey. A nice Largent or Tez. That way if that player gets hurt or just sucks you won't feel responsible. The first jersey I bought myself was a Walter Jones in 09. The next one I bought was an Aaron Curry. See what I'm getting at.

So, YOU are the one to blame then?

Figured as much...

Subzero717

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2onv0wmb said:
CALIHAWK1":2onv0wmb said:

So, YOU are the one to blame then?

Figured as much...

Luckily for everyone else I have taken the HH approach and just buy them all now. :grin:

mikeak

Reaction score
THere has been coupons around at times for proper stores selling jersey's. Was a thread here a bit ago with 30% off etc so that may be the best option

OP
OP
Veilside

Veilside

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm thinking I may just get one of the footballs for signatures. I usually wear medium shirts but have pretty broad shoulders for my frame. So I guess I should go with a L size jersey.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Veilside":3rrr13dc said:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm thinking I may just get one of the footballs for signatures. I usually wear medium shirts but have pretty broad shoulders for my frame. So I guess I should go with a L size jersey.
I'd go with a large then. I was a Large in Reebok but the new Nike ones were too tight thru the upper chest and shoulders so I went with XL.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to go large either if you go to games late in the season, nice to be able to fit some extra layers underneath.

Johnny

Reaction score
Veilside":1cg8fvqn said:
So I've wanted a jersey for a while but never got around to getting one. I'm going to my first training camp day and I figure there will be an opportunity to get some signatures so I need something to get signed.

My question is, is $100 the cheapest you can get a quality jersey for and how do the sizes work incomparison to shirt sizes?

Also, is there anything else that people get signed other than jerseys in case I can't get one?

Here's my advise...

1. Don't get a very popular players jersey (Because everyone will have one), you know Earl, Sherm, Lynch, Etc.

2. Don't get a players jersey that you know wont be with the team for long, you know like Older Players, and Guys that are roll players.

I'd say (If it were me), I would get a Max Unger, Russell Okung, Bobby Wagner, something along those lines... and what ever you do don't get a Rookie jersey yet (just imagine how many people don't wear their Aaron Curry jerseys anymore) Ouchie!