Second favorite team

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Second favorite team
Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Chargers are my #2. First time I saw them on a color TV in like 1966 (yes, I am that old) I immediately fell in love with them because of the powder blue jerseys, gold lightening bolts, etc. Berman says those are the best unis in the history of sports and I agree. Living down there for 13 years cemented my enjoyment of them. #3 Packers and Raiders. They all go back to the 60s when there were no Seahawks of course and once the Hawks came into existence those three all took a very, very distant backseat to them.

I have never been able to get the amount of love that the "baby blanket blue" uniforms get. Baby blue on white? That's supposed to look good? They look like they're getting all snuggled up for naptime, not getting ready for a football game. That uniform just screams "push me down and take my lunch money because I'm a giant pussy" to me.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Chargers are my #2. First time I saw them on a color TV in like 1966 (yes, I am that old) I immediately fell in love with them because of the powder blue jerseys, gold lightening bolts, etc. Berman says those are the best unis in the history of sports and I agree. Living down there for 13 years cemented my enjoyment of them. #3 Packers and Raiders. They all go back to the 60s when there were no Seahawks of course and once the Hawks came into existence those three all took a very, very distant backseat to them.

I have never been able to get the amount of love that the "baby blanket blue" uniforms get. Baby blue on white? That's supposed to look good? They look like they're getting all snuggled up for naptime, not getting ready for a football game. That uniform just screams "push me down and take my lunch money because I'm a giant pussy" to me.

Hahaha, agree. And the lightning bolt on the helmet looks like a sticker that some 10-year-old kid would slap onto his bike.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:32 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I suppose its not about teams for me, I do like seeing individual players I like succeed like Cam Newton & Andre Johnson.

I pretty much agree. I always have had a soft spot for the Lions because I liked Barry Sanders and Chris Spielman. After they left, I still kinda like em, but don't follow them much. My wife is from Michigan, so now I have another reason to kinda root for them, although she doesn't root for them. Cincy is also an underdog I root for when nothing else is on the line.

I've also always liked teams with great defenses. For this reason, I respected the Steelers (until SB XL), and the Ravens, and I always dug how the Bears have a good defense and a blue collar type of team atmosphere. I never disliked the Niners until very recently, we weren't rivals and they sucked, now it's getting good and juicy. I hate the Cowboys with a passion. I also dislike the Patriots until recently (now that they're not winning everything, I respect the hell out of Brady), can't stand the Stealers, and I'm getting tired of the Colts with all the Luck Love. I really liked the Colts with Manning, as I respected the player. Now that he's in Denver, it's harder because I've grown up disliking the Donkeys as a divisional rival.

Most other teams I'm pretty much ambivalent.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Only one team for me. Go Seahawks!
    pnwhawk25
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm
  • Dad is from Wisconsin and we rooted for the Packers and Vikings when they were on. Always liked the Bears as well. Loved the Steelers from their run in the 70s when I was real young - Mean Joe Coke commercial and championships... I still feel odd hating them now based off the one game, especially after all those years.

Always "hated" the Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders and then the 49ers in the late 80s. Was the first time I ever witnessed big time bandwagoning, where everyone was suddenly walking around town with Niner hats on - in Seattle.

Today, I just love watching football. Any game will do and I'll generally just start cheering for whatever team is losing (unless on hated list.)
    Kakaww
    NET Rookie

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 pm
  • My second favorite team is every other team in the Squeelers division.

Though I have a soft spot for long-time struggling teams like the Browns and the Bills. Happy to see the Bengals doing well.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 pm
  • dunceface wrote:
    Sonichellboy wrote:Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

Living here gives me ample chance to talk/hear about them as well and I dont have anything against them except that piggy face Rivers makes when hes bitching at people...its just the uninformed apathetic fans that bug me

Oh man, the fanbase is rough. I have had conversations with people and come away wondering if we're talking about the same sport. Lots of them just want to fight Raider fans anyway...
    Sonichellboy
    NET Rookie

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:39 am
  • Cardinals. Someone wears a jersey with my same name. :)
    Termite
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 am
  • Vancouver Canucks are my second favourite team
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 am
  • Sonichellboy wrote:
    dunceface wrote:
    Sonichellboy wrote:Having lived in SD for over 30 years I've developed a soft spot for the Chargers. Especially since we're not in the same division anymore.

Living here gives me ample chance to talk/hear about them as well and I dont have anything against them except that piggy face Rivers makes when hes bitching at people...its just the uninformed apathetic fans that bug me

Oh man, the fanbase is rough. I have had conversations with people and come away wondering if we're talking about the same sport. Lots of them just want to fight Raider fans anyway...

Hahaha true...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 pm
  • I love Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Oakland with all my heart. In fact, I love them more than the Seahawks.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I love Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Oakland with all my heart. In fact, I love them more than the Seahawks.

"Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 pm
  • That moment you realize that teachers have summer break as well... That would explain the drug induced post Montana just made.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Detroit Lions for me, by default because all of my friends are and I have watched the team a lot. I live in Michigan.
    I am so glad that the Lions are not my favorite team. I feel sorry for most of my friends. lol

me too - grew up in da U.P. eh. . . .
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 pm
  • Mine this year will be the Miami dolphins, because my 10 year old daughter LIkes the colors.. .that works for me
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:51 pm
  • Cleveland Browns...

An old father figure neighbor from Cleveland

I hope they do well, but the Hawks are my only favorite team.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:39 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Non-applicable. 100% Seahawks, 0% every other team.

That's me too.

If we played in a league of our own and invited other teams to play us, I would be just fine with that.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am
  • Is this like second breakfast?
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:53 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Is this like second breakfast?

Is that the fourth meal?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 pm
  • well I gotta go with the Raiders for my #2.. Born in Oakland and its easy now that there in a different division.....

GO HAWKS
    fisholot
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:32 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Is this like second breakfast?

Is that the fourth meal?

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:46 pm
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Detroit Lions for me, by default because all of my friends are and I have watched the team a lot. I live in Michigan.
    I am so glad that the Lions are not my favorite team. I feel sorry for most of my friends. lol

me too - grew up in da U.P. eh. . . .

I've met a few people from the up that are Green Bay fans. Which is more prevalent?
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 pm
  • Anyone who plays the Stealers, yes even when they play the 49ers.
    garrylt4
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:01 am
  • Believe it or not, your humble NET creator was a Vikings fan before a Seahawks fan.

In my defense, this was before there ever was a Seahawks team. I always loved the purple and Nike-looking logo on the helmets. My first NFL jersey ever was an Ahmad Rashad jersey.

I loved that jersey. Then one day, I saw this new team with their cool looking bird on the side of their helmet...Blue, green, silver...I was hooked. When I found out they were MY home team??

Hooked ever sense.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Non-applicable. 100% Seahawks, 0% every other team.

Second that!
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:29 pm
  • grizbob wrote:The team that's playing the ninners :D :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

This would be my answer.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:43 pm
  • The Seahawks are my one and only, there never will be a #2. That said, I do at least have to show a tolerance for the Broncos, as my wife is a Broncos fan... for now...
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 pm
  • nIdahoSeahawk wrote:The Seahawks are my one and only, there never will be a #2. That said, I do at least have to show a tolerance for the Broncos, as my wife is a Broncos fan... for now...

That sounds ominous. Please don't do a Hernandez. Peyton cannot live forever he will retire I promise.:D
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:50 pm
  • Washington Huskies.

Go Dawgs!
    bobk3333
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    nIdahoSeahawk wrote:The Seahawks are my one and only, there never will be a #2. That said, I do at least have to show a tolerance for the Broncos, as my wife is a Broncos fan... for now...

That sounds ominous. Please don't do a Hernandez. Peyton cannot live forever he will retire I promise.:D

Lol, I was thinking I'll just take her to some Hawks games and watch as the 12th converts her
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:56 pm
  • nIdahoSeahawk wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    nIdahoSeahawk wrote:The Seahawks are my one and only, there never will be a #2. That said, I do at least have to show a tolerance for the Broncos, as my wife is a Broncos fan... for now...

Lol, I was thinking I'll just take her to some Hawks games and watch as the 12th converts her

EXCELLENT.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm
  • I liked the Vikings when Fran played and the Purple People Eaters were dominant, Chuck Foreman, Sammy White, Ahmad Rashad who was Seahawk Property but never played a down and we got Carl Eller I beleive in a deal for.

Also was a big fan of the Raiders when Madden was coaching, any team with that much swagger that backed it up and still won regardless of penalties was something you had to watch. Talk about intimidating. Sadly the No Fun League made them mythical beast forever talked about and never again to be seen.

These days it's hard with teams not keeping players and coaches for very long, team identity changes like underware almost every season you see revamps of almost a dozen coaches now.

It would have to be a AFC team though, can't support a team in the NFC that could interfere with the Seahawks. Probably start off with the Raiders, being a old favorite and them still trying to figure out who and what they are post Al Davis it could be interesting.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 pm
  • I liked the Bucs back in the creamsicle days to have a pennant, but never anything serious. Same deal with the Chargers. But the Seahawks were always number one. Actually I liked the Chargers more when I went to see them take down the Stealers last season. Loved the game, the Stealers really looked bad in that one, and I kept egging on some drunk guy who was loudly and repeatedly referring to Big Dumb as a sex offender.
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    osprey6
    NET Rookie

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 pm
  • Seahawks fan since 80' ...

Would have liked to see the Bills get one during their SB run (x4) ...

That had to hurt though, huh?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am
  • I'm 100% Seahawks and have been my whole life, but one team I always hope wins (as long as there not playing us), is the Bills. I guess it's the small town aspect that I like.
    dracolich81
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:56 am
  • Don't have a second team. But... my family is all huge Packer fans so I have some gear from Lambeau that people have purchased for me. I have not worn said gear and after the temper tantrum they threw this year, I'm kinda cold on the Pack.
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:02 pm
  • I kinda pull for the Texans a lil bit. Live in the Houston area. Have tix to the game 9/29. Could be a SB preview. That being said nobody above the HAWKS.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 pm
  • Only one team....Seattle Seahawks.

Although I was a serious Raven supporter this last January.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 pm
  • Normally I don't have a 2nd favorite team but for now it's the colts because I know one of their players
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Packers. Since before the Majik man days.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information