Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: hawks move to #1 on NFL.com rankings
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:25 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Annnnnnnnd, Volsung called it.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 pm 
NET Starter

hoxrox wrote:
I love our team as much as anyone else, but I feel like we’re a little bit overhyped.

So, you don't think we're a Super Bowl contender this year? Because we're getting the exact hype expected from a Super Bowl contender, no more, no less.

hoxrox wrote:
Yes, we should be better than last year, but questions remain.

There are questions on every single team in this league. The hype queens this year are SF. They have holes you could drive a truck through.

Quote:
Will we be able to rush the passer? Injuries and suspensions linger.

This is legit. However, one thing we can say is that we have way more potential to rush the passer this year. Bennett, Avril, even Tony McDaniel has a higher sack percentage than the snaps he's replacing. When Clemons and Irvin get back, that will be FAR more firepower than we had last year. That's not even mentioning our rookies, any of which could bring the heat from an unexpected place.

Also, Quinn is aggressive. If it weren't for one half at Green Bay, Seattle had one of the statistically worst pass rushes in the NFL last year. That means improving won't be very hard. Fault tolerant systems are redundant and the front office gave us massively redundant pieces to fix the pass rush.

Keep in mind, with a bad pass rush we still led the NFL in scoring defense, so if it's a question, it's one that doesn't have to be answered for Seattle to be better this year. However, if I had to guess, I'd say the pass rush will be better this year. An elite pass rush is a serious possibility.

Quote:
Will we be able to stop the run? We were great during the first part of the season but got worse down the stretch. Luckily our offense gave us big leads by then; we didn’t have to worry about this as much. We could not stop the run in Atlanta, however, where they gashed us.

No idea. Red says Quinn is going to use him the way he did a couple years ago. Maybe Red's plantar fasciitis was a real problem. Maybe Winfield's run support has a significant effect. Maybe Jesse Williams is a run stopper. Like you said, though, we were able to dominate without stopping the run well. Stopping the run will be a bonus.

The strength of this team is the secondary and the secondary is deep and coming into its prime.

Quote:
Will defenses figure out the read option, limiting our success with it?

This makes about as much sense as asking if defenses will figure out the play action pass.

Quote:
Will our o-line be 100% healthy? Will Lynch be suspended? We are still a running team first and foremost.

There's a reason why, despite being "overhyped" we're given <20% chance of winning the Super Bowl. I don't think acknowleding that any team's season can be derailed by injuries is a justification for hype damping.

Quote:
Will we be able to overcome schedule challenges? Yes, this does factor. We started slow in those early road games, even the ones where we ended up winning.

Will all this hype get to the players heads? They play better with a chip on their shoulders.

Ultimately, the evidence strongly suggests that Seattle's offense is going to be dominating this year and there really isn't any good argument to refute that. Injuries could happen, but that's pretty much it. And Seattle's offensive dominance, by itself, answers every other question on this list.

Last edited by formido on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 pm 
NET Veteran

Marvin49 wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
that's good news, i'd rather see him stay in a TE personally, however it would be fun as hell to watch him and Browner battle out there.

He just doesn't have the movement ability to play WR. He's FAST in straight lines, but he doesn't run routes like a WR. Plus he's a great blocker...I'd rather he stay at TE.

You better hope he does because you don't cover up one weakness by creating another and that move would do just that.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 pm 
NET Veteran

volsunghawk wrote:
[RichNHansom]

Has anyone else noticed how NFL.com keeps ignoring the Seahawks or posting negative articles about the team while pumping up the 49ers? The East Coast bias is ridiculous!

[/RichNHansom]

Did I type in east coast bias? Or did you add that in? Because I don't remember putting that in there and not sure why I would.

But yes read my last post. I truly believe that NFL.com wants to inflate this rivalry as it is the best in football currently but I also think they have known for a while who the better team is and the scheduling reflects it. There is no way in a league of supposed parity you coddle one team while making their biggest challenger play an obviously much tougher schedule unless you are either trying to help one team or hold the other team back some to keep it competitive.

Maybe it's merch sales or maybe they are just trying to pump up the hype and keep it interesting but I don't see how you can make those schedules and not see the problem.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm 
NET Veteran

formido wrote:
Quote:

This makes about as much sense as asking if defenses will figure out the play action pass.

I want to thank you for mentioning this. I have been absolutly livid this offseason listening to everyone comparing the Read-Option to the Wildcat. As if because the Wildcat was a one hit wonder scheme, the Read-Option will be too.

The biggest, hugest factor against this is very simple. When the wildcat was running, YOU KNEW IT WAS THE WILDCAT. Wheres the QB? Oh thats right, NOT BEHIND THE CENTER!!

The Read-Option isnt going anywhere just like Play-Action isnt going anywhere. Why? Because the QB is still there. Which means you dont know for sure if its going to be a read-option play or a play-action, or whatever...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I always like reading good stuff about the Hawks. I will admit it though, an opinionated ranking means little to me. There are plenty of reads that put the Niners in the top spot and I take it with the same thinking as when the Hawks are one.

One thing I feel for certain though, from a league perspective, the Hawks and Niners are the teams they should be talking about. Few teams are as complete as these two.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:26 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Cartire wrote:
formido wrote:
Quote:

I want to thank you for mentioning this. I have been absolutly livid this offseason listening to everyone comparing the Read-Option to the Wildcat. As if because the Wildcat was a one hit wonder scheme, the Read-Option will be too.

The biggest, hugest factor against this is very simple. When the wildcat was running, YOU KNEW IT WAS THE WILDCAT. Wheres the QB? Oh thats right, NOT BEHIND THE CENTER!!

The Read-Option isnt going anywhere just like Play-Action isnt going anywhere. Why? Because the QB is still there. Which means you dont know for sure if its going to be a read-option play or a play-action, or whatever...

Does this really make you livid? Really?

If so I think you may need therapy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 pm 
NET Rookie

I see on the NFL's facebook post, that quite a few people are saying "packers #1"

....The troll in me wants to say "the packers need to be able beat the seahawks to be #1"

I digress... I think

If you're a PlayStation fan, check out and support my PlayStation forum: Team PlayStation

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
Does this really make you livid? Really?

If so I think you may need therapy.

Too expensive. Otherwise sure, I would take you up on that. But for now, yes, yes it does. Because its impossible to discuss anything with people when they are uninformed like that.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Thank you nfl.com for also dethroning the 49ers and making the realization that in fact the Seahawks are the better team.

#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:54 pm 
NET Veteran

formido wrote:
So, you don't think we're a Super Bowl contender this year? Because we're getting the exact hype expected from a Super Bowl contender, no more, no less.

They're not only talking about SB contention, they're talking Dynasty. That's a bit much at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... xt-dynasty

Pressure, expectations - we won't creep up on anyone this year. And are going to have to be much more disciplined.

Your other points make sense.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm 
NET Starter

hoxrox wrote:
formido wrote:

They're not only talking about SB contention, they're talking Dynasty. That's a bit much at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... xt-dynasty

Pressure, expectations - we won't creep up on anyone this year. And are going to have to be much more disciplined.

Your other points make sense.

I hadn't seen that article yet. If a Niner wants to call Seattle a burgeoning dynasty, who am I to argue? ;)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:57 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

nIdahoSeahawk wrote:
I see on the NFL's facebook post, that quite a few people are saying "packers #1"

I guess the Packers should be in the discussion, but what holds me back from taking them seriously is that they have about as much riding on Aaron Rodgers as the Colts did on Peyton Manning. You take Rodgers off that team and it freefalls to 5 win territory. The Patriots once won 11 games without Tom Brady, and I bet the Seahawks could probably post double digits with Tjack at this point.

Of course, they do have Rodgers and despite how many sacks he takes and how much he scrambles/runs, the odds say he'll play a full season this year. Rodgers can only do so much and that was plainly evident when they got their asses kicked twice by the 49ers last season.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Well the Packers did address the running game and tried to do something about their OL but I didn't see them upgrade the speed of their defense, am I wrong here? Because if they didn't the 49ers, Seahawks, and Washington (all team's with dual threat quarterbacks will probably just curbstomp them again).

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 pm 
NET Veteran

NFL preseason power rankings are about as useless as a 3rd nipple. If you don't believe me, just look at last year's preseason power rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/0

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... contenders

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1303 ... r-rankings

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
NFL preseason power rankings are about as useless as a 3rd nipple. If you don't believe me, just look at last year's preseason power rankings

I wouldn't say "useless"...

In the ESPN poll, 5 of the top 6 teams made the playoffs and two reached the Super Bowl.

In the NFL.COM poll, 3 of the 4 top shelf teams made the playoffs.

In the Bleacher Report, 4 of the top 5 teams made the playoffs...but then again, it's Bleacher Report.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Sgt. Largent wrote:

The NFL.com one seemed pretty spot on concerning Seattle, listing us as contenders which that is exactly what we were going into last year. Either way it's all a way to pass the offseason and mostly harmless entertainment.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Not to be a downer but they have picked KC and SD in recent memory.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Definitely noticed the KC pick. I don't get why the media outlets seem to like KC better than the local fanbase. Nobody around here sees them any better than 7-9ish.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:47 pm 
NET Rookie

"In other news -- sorta -- saw Golden Tate saying he would give 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh "The Sean Lee treatment." If he really wanted to make his statement forceful, Tate should have said he'd give Harbaugh the Sam Shields treatment."

What the hell is this. They can't even praise us without trying to knock us down a bit. How is that at all relevant? How is it even a joke?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm 
NET Veteran

prob for KC is that denver is going to be good and the chargers should bounce back.

However I've always thought alex smith was better than most people did and I think he will be better than most people think in KC. I could see him having a pro-bowl caliber year with some of those offensive weapons.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 pm 
NET Rookie

kearly wrote:
nIdahoSeahawk wrote:

No run game, lost one of their better receivers, and mediocre defense. Way too many holes. If anything, Packers could be the team to plummet down the rankings this year.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 pm 
NET Veteran

When we were on the top of this OFF-SEASON power poll most of you said that these things were pointless and just fluff to fill the void until pre-season started.

Now that you are on top and we are second it is suddenly a meaningful tool for judging a teams potential.

C'mon guys

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:53 pm 
NET Rookie

NinerLifer wrote:
When we were on the top of this OFF-SEASON power poll most of you said that these things were pointless and just fluff to fill the void until pre-season started.

Now that you are on top and we are second it is suddenly a meaningful tool for judging a teams potential.

C'mon guys

Well, it's always just "some guy's" opinion - and I seriously doubt many picked the Ravens to win it all last year. That said, it is interesting to see how people view the off season changes and what the expectations / reputation is of a franchise moving forward into the next year. But yeah it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 pm 
NET Veteran

NinerLifer wrote:

C'mon guys

Don't lump me into that I have made it clear that I think they're meaningless but I do think they are fun and a harmless way to pass the offseason.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:55 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

NinerLifer wrote:

C'mon guys

If you don't like the pro-Seahawks commentary from the fans on a Seahawks fan forum, we can show you the door.

In the mean time...zip it. :16:

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:58 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
kearly wrote:
nIdahoSeahawk wrote:

No run game, lost one of their better receivers, and mediocre defense. Way too many holes. If anything, Packers could be the team to plummet down the rankings this year.

Eddie Lacy would argue with you about the notion they don't have a run game. 8)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:58 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawknballs wrote:
prob for KC is that denver is going to be good and the chargers should bounce back.

However I've always thought alex smith was better than most people did and I think he will be better than most people think in KC. I could see him having a pro-bowl caliber year with some of those offensive weapons.

Not sold is all and most in KC are of my opinion. They really do need a 2nd receiver to be somewhat of a threat. But I could be wrong and most of the fanbase here is pretty downtrodden at this point so they tend to see things more negatively than positively.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:42 pm 
NET Veteran

As far as the writers are concerned it's a great story when we win, better story when we fail. Win/win for the press corps, as always. September can't get here fast enough. That, and it's 111 freaking degrees here today.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:14 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

NinerLifer wrote:

C'mon guys

Perhaps it has something to do with the superstar WR we picked up that is 25 years old, or the old veteran CB that was ranked slightly ahead of Richard Sherman as the best CB in the NFL last year by Pro Football Focus, or the moves we made to add more pass rushing power. Our weakest link on defense last year (nickel/slot coverage) is suddenly a strength, our pass rush is pretty much guaranteed to be improved at least a little, and our offense that was en fuego the last half of the season picked up the most dynamic, creative receiver in the league.

We were ranked 2nd-best team in the NFL before all of that. You honestly think we have any problem being ranked #1 now after the aforementioned? There's something to be said about fan hypocrisy, but don't pretend like you and all of your fan base doesn't do it, too. I remember you guys crying about how not everyone was picking you to go to the Super Bowl and win it when the playoffs came in Harbaugh's first year, and most of you wouldn't listen to reason about Alex Smith's lack of experience in the postseason.

Give us a break, NinerLifer. :roll:

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:36 am 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
Today this writer is a genius!

No kidding!
Let's all celebrate that we're #1 on some silly piece of paper. It does't mean squat. I'd rather we were ranked lower because: 1. Four teams made it further than us. 2. This is a new season and we haven't played a single game.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 am 
NET Veteran

HawKnPeppa wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
Today this writer is a genius!

No kidding!
Let's all celebrate that we're #1 on some silly piece of paper. It does't mean squat. I'd rather we were ranked lower because: 1. Four teams made it further than us. 2. This is a new season and we haven't played a single game.

Ranked lower or higher doesn't mean a thing except for YOUR personal comfort level. What I see is that right now in a vacuum we are better than Atlanta, San Francisco, Baltimore and New England (the teams that finished ahead of us last year). It's all meaningless and everything will sort itself out on the field soon enough.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

I can't decide if you some of you are just not ready to embrace the era of success that is upon us, or are just grumpy bastages to begin with.

Perhaps a mix of both?

;)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:42 am 
NET Veteran

Hey, we're one of the best teams in football, this is all part of it.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:45 am 
NET Veteran

I think they should put this song next to every ranking of the seahawks. The butt hurt would flow nicely.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 am 
NET Veteran

FlyingGreg wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

I wouldn't say "useless"...

In the ESPN poll, 5 of the top 6 teams made the playoffs and two reached the Super Bowl.

In the NFL.COM poll, 3 of the 4 top shelf teams made the playoffs.

In the Bleacher Report, 4 of the top 5 teams made the playoffs...but then again, it's Bleacher Report.

Harmless to us, I agree. I'm just worried about the players buying into all the hype. Pete's been great so far at preparation, but this is the 1st year where the team's expectations is Super Bowl. So I'm worried about this young team not letting the hype go to their heads.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

FlyingGreg wrote:
I can't decide if you some of you are just not ready to embrace the era of success that is upon us, or are just grumpy bastages to begin with.

Perhaps a mix of both?

;)

I think embracing the fact we now rock has to be done on a gradual basis in order to avoid any unforeseen complications. I mean, my heart stopped and re-started again four times during that game in Atlanta. That can't be good for you.

Hearing all the schmoozing we are getting from the media is kinda like we all just woke up one morning and all our girlfriends and wives magically transformed from a 6.5 into a 9. I find myself bathing and combing my hair just a little bit more lately...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

HoustonHawk82 wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:

Perhaps a mix of both?

;)

I think embracing the fact we now rock has to be done on a gradual basis in order to avoid any unforeseen complications. I mean, my heart stopped and re-started again four times during that game in Atlanta. That can't be good for you.

Hearing all the schmoozing we are getting from the media is kinda like we all just woke up one morning and all our girlfriends and wives magically transformed from a 6.5 into a 9. I find myself bathing and combing my hair just a little bit more lately...

Lol, true. Although I was strangely calm at the end of the Falcons game... honestly, I looked at my wife after Lynch scored and said, "there is too much time left and we have no pass rush". The whole house was going ape sh*t and I was just "damn, we were this close"....I just knew we couldn't stop them from getting into field goal position.

Alas, I think that game is going to be a HUGE motivator for this team that pushes them to the next level. You can tell they want to sand blast that memory.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 am 
NET Veteran

FlyingGreg wrote:

Perhaps a mix of both?

;)

No grumpy bastard here. But I am a "show me first" kind of fan. I don't buy into hype, so to say we're in an "era of success" after one year of success where we didn't even make the conference finals is premature IMO.

I measure success by division/conference trophies and Super Bowl appearances, not pre-season power rankings and Vegas odds.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 am 
* NET Philistine *

FlyingGreg wrote:

Eddie Lacy would argue with you about the notion they don't have a run game. 8)

Assuming that Eddie Lacy isn't Mark Ingram part II (by that I mean, ineffective in the NFL because Alabama had NFL talent playing against college teams on the O-line) and the Packers O-line suddenly stops being mediocre to awful in a way that would make this board go even more apoplectic about not drafting linemean.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:52 am 
NET Veteran

FlyingGreg wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:

C'mon guys

If you don't like the pro-Seahawks commentary from the fans on a Seahawks fan forum, we can show you the door.

In the mean time...zip it. :16:

Wait a minute... aren't Niner fans here, not to glorify themselves, but to purely talk football? They wouldn't intend to veil insults. Surely, their presence and interaction improves the quality of this forum. Why would they need to be shown the door?
:sarcasm_off:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:48 pm 
NET Practice Squad

kearly wrote:
nIdahoSeahawk wrote:

Well if you subscribe to the theory that draft picks can help you have to figure Lacy and/or Franklin along with DuJuan Harris who actually was looking pretty good to finish the season you can see the Packers will likely improve there.
Losing Greg Jennings isn't as bad as it might seem, it opens the door for the other receivers to get more touches. Randall Cobb can ably fill the shoes of Jennings (who was out for half of last season).
11th ranked D last season. I don't think they will be top 3 but top 10 for certain and possibly top 5 with injured players back (hopefully not much in the way of injuries this year).
Where are you seeing the holes in this team? Where are the Packers weak?
They do have one of the toughest schedules this season but they are loaded with young talent. Really, please tell me where you think the Packers holes are?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:59 pm 
NET Practice Squad

RolandDeschain wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:

C'mon guys

Perhaps it has something to do with the superstar WR we picked up that is 25 years old, or the old veteran CB that was ranked slightly ahead of Richard Sherman as the best CB in the NFL last year by Pro Football Focus, or the moves we made to add more pass rushing power. Our weakest link on defense last year (nickel/slot coverage) is suddenly a strength, our pass rush is pretty much guaranteed to be improved at least a little, and our offense that was en fuego the last half of the season picked up the most dynamic, creative receiver in the league.

We were ranked 2nd-best team in the NFL before all of that. You honestly think we have any problem being ranked #1 now after the aforementioned? There's something to be said about fan hypocrisy, but don't pretend like you and all of your fan base doesn't do it, too. I remember you guys crying about how not everyone was picking you to go to the Super Bowl and win it when the playoffs came in Harbaugh's first year, and most of you wouldn't listen to reason about Alex Smith's lack of experience in the postseason.

Give us a break, NinerLifer. :roll:

Well here's another "outsiders" take:
If you're a fan of another team and you didn't worry about playing Seattle last year, after this year's acquisitions you should be a little more nervous.
I don't believe in all the hype either. Look what happened to the Eagles with the "dream team" but still - you take one part SB potential team and add one part top flight offensive weapon, one part seasoned vet DBack, one part solid contributors and one part draft. Mix it up and you can't help but think the Hawks are every bit the contender as any other top flight team and I'm not surprised at all to see them atop any preseason rankings.
If I were a troll I'd dismiss all of these quality additions but as a football fan you can't ignore the potential.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:14 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

This is a color writer whose dart happens to have landed on the right team this week. Next week he'll go back to being wrong.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
This is a color writer whose dart happens to have landed on the right team this week. Next week he'll go back to being wrong.

Exactly. I am sure that we will see the Broncos on top eventually when some writer decides that Manning is aging and he will be extra motivated to win it all before he retires.

Heck...he might be this years Ray Lewis if the fix is really in as mentioned in that other thread LOL.

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran

He cites Crabtree's injury as the reason Seattle jumped over the niners. Although that is a huge injury, the Seahawks are poised to be the better team anyway. Without Harvin, the Seahawks averaged 34 points per game down the stretch last season. Adding Harvin just opens up the offense even more. Even if Harvin misses some games, the Seahawks are more than capable offensively.

I'm surprised there was no mention of the HUGE niner trade that brought Bolden to Frisco. Bolden is a good WR as long as he is the second or third guy. When he was asked by Baltimore to be their number one guy, he wasn't very productive. He is really good against the second or third best corners on a lot of teams, but he won't see those guys much with what the niners are going to be rolling out in their WR corps.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:24 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I'll make fun of the people that do this again, even though it pisses a lot of people off. You should join in, it's fun.

*RedAlice is right.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]