hawks move to #1 on NFL.com rankings

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Was just gonna post this. Isn't it beautiful? We were #2 before on their list. Now we're the top dawg. Ohhhhhhh yeah.

Cartire

Reaction score
Gotta love reading the comments sections though. Part of the glory of being called #1 is reading all the hate that comes along with it.

But thats how it goes, if your on top, your hated by everyone else. So we must be doing something right.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've been following Harrison on Twitter for a good while, I liked him even before he got on our junk.

That makes me better than you, Dom.

Cartire

Reaction score
Still think hes an imbecile. He states in this article that he found out he had to do this over the weekend, and therefor his whole weekend was shot. This article took him no more then 45 minutes, if that. And if it did take the whole weekend, well, thats worse.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9ofxp975 said:
I've been following Harrison on Twitter for a good while, I liked him even before he got on our junk.

Com'on man. It is common knowledge that not only are you better than me but you are also better than everyone else.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3bkygn3g said:
RolandDeschain":3bkygn3g said:

Com'on man. It is common knowledge that not only are you better than me but you are also better than everyone else.

He's a better parent for sure...

Marvin49

Reaction score
I have no problem with that. Losing Crab is a big loss for SF. I do hate the talk about Vernon at WR tho...totally invented story. Vernon practices with the WRs EVERY year. LOL.

hawker84

Reaction score
that's good news, i'd rather see him stay in a TE personally, however it would be fun as hell to watch him and Browner battle out there.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I love our team as much as anyone else, but I feel like we’re a little bit overhyped. Yes, we should be better than last year, but questions remain.

Will we be able to rush the passer? Injuries and suspensions linger.

Will we be able to stop the run? We were great during the first part of the season but got worse down the stretch. Luckily our offense gave us big leads by then; we didn’t have to worry about this as much. We could not stop the run in Atlanta, however, where they gashed us.

Will defenses figure out the read option, limiting our success with it?

Will our o-line be 100% healthy? Will Lynch be suspended? We are still a running team first and foremost.

Will we be able to overcome schedule challenges? Yes, this does factor. We started slow in those early road games, even the ones where we ended up winning.

Will all this hype get to the players heads? They play better with a chip on their shoulders.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Funny I love to read the hawks in the news, especially ranked firsf, but there is a part of me that says NO too much hype!
Well, enjoy it anyway!

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":223xhqza said:
that's good news, i'd rather see him stay in a TE personally, however it would be fun as hell to watch him and Browner battle out there.

He just doesn't have the movement ability to play WR. He's FAST in straight lines, but he doesn't run routes like a WR. Plus he's a great blocker...I'd rather he stay at TE.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The thing I like about this is it's NFL.com and you just know they hated giving us that raking over their cash cow who is selling more NFL merchandise than any other team but how could you not. We destroyed them in our last meeting to the point of making them look like an amateur team. They have gotten worse all over the field while we have gotten better in our only area of weakness while bolstering an already strong receiving core. This is all without relying on a single rookie or even putting/hoping for production from any of them. If we get it, great but the Niners are in a position where if their rookies don't step up big they are going to be in a world of hurt real fast.

I'm almost surprised we haven't seen NFL.com pimping Lockette and Jenkins to justify merchandise sales. Oh well I guess it helps sell things and keep things interesting if you can justify a real competition but come on, anyone with half a brain can see the Niners have some huge question marks with injuries, age and needing to lean on rookies to step up. Assuming that they will just cruise right along without a hickup, that Gore will not be affected by the 30 year old curse, Justin Smith turning 34 will be no big deal, that Harbaugh is suddenly going to start resting his vets and getting his backups some playing time, that Aldon Smith won't dissapear again when/if Justin misses time, that Reid will even be starting caliber let alone replacing an allpro, that Delanie Walker can just be supplanted by a rookie, that their D-line rooks will be better than the guy's they already had backing up, that Dorsey wasn't just a complete bust but will flourish under Harbaugh and the list goes on.

Harbaugh put his best players on the field and left them their because he is to competitive and that has both hurt the growth of his backups and the longevity of his veterans. That formula can only work so long. Congrats Harb's and Niner fans, you had your run now move along. Your becoming that pesky fly that had their day in the sun but much like the last time we met, the light has run out. Go lick your wounds and try and come up with your excuses for why you are falling back to mediocrity again. Yep, again.