#1 must see stadium

OP
OP
CANHawk

CANHawk

Reaction score
yeah... I got the joke wrong. i thought the list was over after the Metrodome joke post.

I actually think it's in the NFL network employee handbook that any lists about stadiums &/or fanbases needs to have the Packers at #1. Shoulda known better... :34853_doh:

Still... we're #2! We're #2!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
1a & 1b but I don't really think they are INCORRECT. Lots of things count when ranking "stadium anthropology". The Lambeau experience has much that we, in Seattle, do not. And the opposite is true, as well. I will close by saying that my Packers' friends with season tickets to Lambeau were hella (whatever happened to that word?) impressed with the Seahawks gameday experience last year. Hella impressed.

OP
OP
CANHawk

CANHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":8o2d739k said:
1a & 1b but I don't really think they are INCORRECT. Lots of things count when ranking "stadium anthropology". The Lambeau experience has much that we, in Seattle, do not. And the opposite is true, as well. I will close by saying that my Packers' friends with season tickets to Lambeau were hella (whatever happened to that word?) impressed with the Seahawks gameday experience last year. Hella impressed.

Hella good post my friend. Hella good.

Cartman":8o2d739k said:
"you guys are hella stupid, you guys are hella lame, you guys are hella dumb; hella, hella, hella..."

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CANHawk":3aadfiw9 said:
bestfightstory":3aadfiw9 said:

Hella good post my friend. Hella good.

Cartman":3aadfiw9 said:
"you guys are hella stupid, you guys are hella lame, you guys are hella dumb; hella, hella, hella..."

Thanks, man. Everything from the sightlines in the stadium to the pregame vibe in Temple Billiards and the roaming Blue Thunder to the approach to the stadium and the interesting art installations and the blue and green lit walkways exiting the stadium and all the characters in the crowd and the culture of the 12th Man. It's a lot to behold. I have brought many many first-timers to games in Seattle and its a little bit like watching someone enjoy their first acid trip. The spectacle of it all. All that glitters is hella.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
where are the good pregame parties at? (serious question here) Iv'e heard the city really cracked down on tail gating, or was that just in the north lot? We usually get to the game early because of the train.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3clr4i9y said:
where are the good pregame parties at? (serious question here) Iv'e heard the city really cracked down on tail gating, or was that just in the north lot? We usually get to the game early because of the train.

Temple billiards was the .net hangout. There is still a group that gets tohether there. J&Ms is cool, Triangle pub, Elysian. They are a decent it really comes down to getting there early enough. If you are amongst friend and enjoy alcohol they all have something for you.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
If you are looking for a traditional tailgate scene -- we don't have that. The massive parking lot, the food on an epic scale, people roving around... go to Buffalo or Green Bay if you want that.

I personally REALLY like our game day setup, but then again, I typically get down there super early, have a massive late breakfast or early lunch somewhere in the ID (dim sum, ramen), grab some snacks outside, find a few beers in a bar, you get the idea. Zero organizing, zero hassle, zero logistics... just a bit of $$ and you are good to go. Urban stadiums rule.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lambeau is so overrated. Transfer all the memorabilia into another stadium, and Lambeau is a craphole; and yes, I've been to a game there. It's "history" that makes it rank so highly.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11eapss9 said:
Lambeau is so overrated. Transfer all the memorabilia into another stadium, and Lambeau is a craphole; and yes, I've been to a game there. It's "history" that makes it rank so highly.
Don't doubt that's true, but it's exactly the history that draws me. I was a big Packer fan in the 60s, saw the Ice Bowl and all that and to visit that "sacred" ground would be awesome. It's the same reason I'd love to go to Fenway and Wrigley. From what I've read, neither are all that wonderful but man, the historical aspect!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":csxj59xy said:
RolandDeschain":csxj59xy said:
Don't doubt that's true, but it's exactly the history that draws me. I was a big Packer fan in the 60s, saw the Ice Bowl and all that and to visit that "sacred" ground would be awesome. It's the same reason I'd love to go to Fenway and Wrigley. From what I've read, neither are all that wonderful but man, the historical aspect!
Unlike Fenway, Wrigley has no history other that all the years of frustration.

I know... I grew up in Chicago in the 50s/60s... the era of Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Billy Williams, Goerge Altman... need I go on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You can transfer that history into a new stadium. Easily. It also shouldn't count on STADIUM rankings very highly. If you want to talk about team history, that's a different story; but ranking the STADIUM experience, history should be limited to a minor role.

Lambeau has crap concessions, a horrible beer selection, and people forget that Green Bay is in the middle of freaking NOWHERE. You can't fly directly to Green Bay on any major airline; you have to fly to Milwaukee, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc. then fly from there. Green Bay is 2 hours away with no traffic from Milwaukee, and there's nothing else remotely close to it. The population is 100,000 people.

Latest posts