Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:...and now I know FOR SURE that you don't know why he does it.

Wasn't directed at me, but I'll chime in anyway.

Do I know why he does it? Nope.

Could I google it and read all about Kaperdink? Sure, but I don't care. :Dunno:

Much more fun to just accept he's a douche and move on to far more interesting things.

Yup....don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Understood. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "

What a fricken douche-nozzle.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "

Is that....is that Razor Ramon?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

Is that....is that Razor Ramon?

See! I KNOW about douche nozzels...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

"Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• Marvin49 wrote:
    1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

Marvin49 wrote:

2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"

Marvin49 wrote:
    4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".

Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)
    Last edited by loafoftatupu on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• NinerBuff wrote:bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

"Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.

:13:
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• NinerLifer wrote:Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.

So what's that say about Kaepernick when Harbaugh can make garbage QBs look good? ;)
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

If you say so.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

If you say so.

See! I knew it.

He probably gave that interview while posing in front of his Jag with his turtle in his wife-beater. Douche.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

Marvin49 wrote:

2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"

Marvin49 wrote:
    4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".

Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)

1) Justin missed 3 games, but he was hurt at the beginning of the second half in NE. When he came back he wasn't the same guy and had surgery only a few days after the season ended to repair a torn tricep. He wasn't in the game in Seattle and RJF was completely useless. Just watch the first TD by Lynch and see what happens to RJF.

2) LOL....somehow if Wilson had put up that statline I don't think you'd be saying GB was nothing. I was never trying to sell them as the best D ever...just making teh point that Kaep had alot to do with the win. BTW...people forget this...but the score was 24-24 in the third quarter. It wasn't like the game wasn't contested. It only got out of hand late. I don't care when the comeback started, down 17 points and winning is still the largest comeback in NFC Championship history. Never happened before. Seattle SHOULD have beaten Atlanta tho...on that I'll agree.

As for the car thing....just another example of running wild with something that isn't even a big deal. The picture was from Jaguar. It's an endorsement. It was the first new car he'd had since High school and was ASKED to "Kaepernick" for the ad. That doesn't matter to you guys tho because in 'hawkworld its any excuse to hate Colin Kaepernick. Don't let facts get in the way....hate must be justified.

How the hell do you have any idea what kind of leader he is? His teammates seem to disagree with you. So do his coaches. I guess you just know more than they do.

4) Hypocrite....LOL. I was responding TO YOU. WTF? lol.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• SE174 wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.

So what's that say about Kaepernick when Harbaugh can make garbage QBs look good? ;)

There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that Harbaugh has had a huge hand in making Kaepernick what he is today. The same can be said for Andrew Luck.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

:13:

Totally Agree.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.

Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

Go Hawks!
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Marvin49 wrote:

Marvin49 wrote:

1) Justin missed 3 games, but he was hurt at the beginning of the second half in NE. When he came back he wasn't the same guy and had surgery only a few days after the season ended to repair a torn tricep. He wasn't in the game in Seattle and RJF was completely useless. Just watch the first TD by Lynch and see what happens to RJF.

2) LOL....somehow if Wilson had put up that statline I don't think you'd be saying GB was nothing. I was never trying to sell them as the best D ever...just making teh point that Kaep had alot to do with the win. BTW...people forget this...but the score was 24-24 in the third quarter. It wasn't like the game wasn't contested. It only got out of hand late. I don't care when the comeback started, down 17 points and winning is still the largest comeback in NFC Championship history. Never happened before. Seattle SHOULD have beaten Atlanta tho...on that I'll agree.

As for the car thing....just another example of running wild with something that isn't even a big deal. The picture was from Jaguar. It's an endorsement. It was the first new car he'd had since High school and was ASKED to "Kaepernick" for the ad. That doesn't matter to you guys tho because in 'hawkworld its any excuse to hate Colin Kaepernick. Don't let facts get in the way....hate must be justified.

How the hell do you have any idea what kind of leader he is? His teammates seem to disagree with you. So do his coaches. I guess you just know more than they do.

4) Hypocrite....LOL. I was responding TO YOU. WTF? lol.

Its HYPOCRITE dammit
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.

Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

Go Hawks!

Wow. :shock:

Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Papaki is the man. Best thing to happen to the wretched SF fan base in a long time, I don't really give a pump about what any writer puts together as some argument for a QB either. I do think that if the Hawks and Niners traded QBs, that SF would have won the Super Bowl and that the Hawks might be game under where they ended. That is simply because I think Wilson was the coolest customer on the field in a few games that Papaki might not have been. Maybe..

Dude impressed the hell out of me in his first start, he looked perfect. In fact to me, it was his most efficient outing. That's just my opinion though. But I really don't care how good he is, as long as the Hawks can continue to progress or at least maintain the level of play they enjoyed on offense in the second half of the season.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:Papaki is the man. Best thing to happen to the wretched SF fan base in a long time, I don't really give a pump about what any writer puts together as some argument for a QB either. I do think that if the Hawks and Niners traded QBs, that SF would have won the Super Bowl and that the Hawks might be game under where they ended. That is simply because I think Wilson was the coolest customer on the field in a few games that Papaki might not have been. Maybe..

Dude impressed the hell out of me in his first start, he looked perfect. In fact to me, it was his most efficient outing. That's just my opinion though. But I really don't care how good he is, as long as the Hawks can continue to progress or at least maintain the level of play they enjoyed on offense in the second half of the season.

Thats fair.

I dunno who will be better, but I think its certainly fair to say that Wilson is more polished as an NFL QB right now. He wasn't as raw coming out to begin with and he's gotten very good coaching.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• All said, they are both young QBs that look really good out of the starting gate. I think my original post was my gut reflex to reading the B/R "article" that was ridiculous from my Seahawk (as objective as I can be - "homer") point of view. It just didn't seem like a fair and impartial sports writer type comparison. At the least, the leadership should have been undeniable towards Russ. But seeing how the author is a 49er fan, I guess I can understand the 49 homer-ism slant. Each time I read B/R, I respect it less and in this instance I don't agree with his scoring, but I understand why it is skewed now.
    Both are QBs that are impressing lots of people...I'm not denying Kaep is a good quarterback, I'm just more impressed with Russell's complete game and his intelligence (and I don't factor in "Star-Power").
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• bobincovington wrote:All said, they are both young QBs that look really good out of the starting gate. I think my original post was my gut reflex to reading the B/R "article" that was ridiculous from my Seahawk (as objective as I can be - "homer") point of view. It just didn't seem like a fair and impartial sports writer type comparison. At the least, the leadership should have been undeniable towards Russ. But seeing how the author is a 49er fan, I guess I can understand the 49 homer-ism slant. Each time I read B/R, I respect it less and in this instance I don't agree with his scoring, but I understand why it is skewed now.
    Both are QBs that are impressing lots of people...I'm not denying Kaep is a good quarterback, I'm just more impressed with Russell's complete game and his intelligence (and I don't factor in "Star-Power").

If you're looking for some anti-49ers articles... look no further than Pete Prisco of CBS.com. Some 49er back in the day must have peed in his cereal or something :|
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• I look at it this way: the Niners barely edged us for the division, then they went to the SB. Not only did they beat two teams, but they fell behind to the team we did, by damn near as much, and came back to win that game in dominant fashion. They deserve every accolade they get.

If I was a die hard Niners fan (well, I'd shoot myself in the head..) I'd be pissed at all the love the Seahawks are getting, and all the people picking the Hawks to win the division.

I don't remember the last time we've gotten this much attention, but it's past time for people to be picking every article that doesn't worship our players and eviscerate it.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Here are my thoughts on the article...

IT WAS SHIT.

/thiscrap

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Five pages on and B******r R****t still sucks.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• I expect the Niners hype, they went to the Super Bowl. Any media love they get is deserved. I just don't like the media putting distance between the Niners and Hawks. That half game division championship was everything. If the Niners are the 5 seed, they go to DC, take out the Skins, go to ATL, knock them off while the Hawks get a decimation match at home against GB with a healthy Clemons who doesn't get injured on FedEx grass. Bringing the Niners back to the scene of their last assault for the NFCCG.

That is the difference in that half game and media perception. For what it is worth, I think both the Niners and Hawks get a little too much love. That Kaepernick and Wilson do too. Neither has a second season to back up their success, but look to be poised for seriously good seasons. Sample size is pretty small.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Go Hawks!

Wow. :shock:

Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.

REALLY! Here, is this any more readable? I didn't realize you couldn't read the font size. No need to put on those goofy glasses that make your eyes look so big.
    Yes, Tom Brady is pretty good. Momentum is a huge thing. You must have saw that shift after the 2nd halftime of the Super Bowl. Anyway, sorry if I lost you. Wasn't trying to be clever. I'll try to remember that you've got pompous down, though.
    Too, I'll try to remember you're vision impaired.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• The funniest part of any article that has any mention of the Hawks or Niners is the number of Niner fans following up with some weak attack on how crappy the Seahawks are and the repeated "how many Super Bowls" line they throw out to any fan who makes a positive comment about their favorite team. I read some shit on NFL. Com about Kaeperstank being MVP. Niner fans come out in large numbers to even rip on Ravens fans.

Just post about any team, say something like "Go Packers" and watch how quickly the Whiner fans attack like a group of Pihrana. I swear, a Niner fan takes more pleasure in disrespecting other fans than enjoying the success of their own favorite team.

All I know is that they better be one kick ass team this year, because that fan base could be a flash-meltdown across the nation.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• TeamoftheCentury wrote:Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round.

That's part of it, a small part of it.

Kaepernick wasn't a 1st rounder either.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round.

That's part of it, a small part of it.

Kaepernick wasn't a 1st rounder either.

Thanks. Yah, I know. If you go back, I didn't say that CK was a first rounder (and, in fact, I do believe I said 2nd round.) Not sure why that was brought up as a point?

In any case, I think perhaps you didn't quite understand what I meant. Not that it matters, because we essentially agree. No issue here. But, I don't think I explained my point very clearly... I just said what you quoted.

They're not going to provide commentary listing multiple examples to make their point about finding a draft value or draft steal at QB in later rounds (after the 1st or high 2nd). So, that's why they didn't say, "Teams are looking for the next RW or CW or ... " It gets too wordy and unnecessary. Part of it is that they chose the best example... Russell Wilson, of course + the fact that he was taken in the previous draft. That was my point. CK isn't on the same level when you consider intangibles... which is why they didn't bypass RW as the example and give the example from the previous year draft - CK in the 2nd round (#36 overall + they traded up from the #45 overall to draft him) which is in that range when teams are looking for a franchise QB. So, it wouldn't really make sense to say that teams are looking for the next CK b/c any team can use a high pick "looking" for a QB (and trading up into that early 2nd round range to get him.) It's a great feat to draft a Russell Wilson no matter what round, but when one considers he was had in the 3rd round (#75 overall, did not trade up - but almost took him in the 2nd round) - coupled with his accomplishments and forecasting his future (and the future of the team with him)... what team wouldn't want that? There are other QB's they could have used as an example... but, they used the obvious best choice example!

Go Hawks!
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:a Niner fan takes more pleasure in disrespecting other fans than enjoying the success of their own favorite team.

Sadly, this is so very true. Excellent observation. You hit the nail on the head with this statement. I don't mind limited dialog with Niner fans (but, usually their hijacking comments turn posts into mild smack that stay just this side of the shack.) Perhaps your quote should be posted as a warning at the top of the forum selection screen - or at least the main forum. Newcomers deserve to be fair warned + too, they need to realize that even though the main forum might look like a Seahawks and Niners forum, that wasn't the original intent.

And as a disclaimer to those who wish to immediately jump on such comments... no, I do not sweat Niner fans. There are chump fans from other teams, too. Not all fans are chumps, of course. But, as in the above quote (and loafoftatupu's further commentary on the matter in the full post) there is a chump-ness level that 49er fans seem to have attained. But, perhaps I digress. I only say this to be clear that I don't feel they are any threat. They certainly can be a nuisance, though. That's why I would be in favor of preserving (or rather reclaiming) the main forum SEAHAWKS and Seahawks FANS only. I don't go into the main forum looking to talk about CK incessantly. If I wanted to do that, I would more intuitively visit the NFL forum. I know I don't seem to have much agreement on that. Still, I wish to make the point. For example, I would much rather enjoy conversing with Seahawks fans about the upcoming season and during each glorious week without having to make a case to an incessant 49er fan that wishes to inject their team or certain player into the conversation. It's not a matter of me or anyone "fearing" 49er fans or any of that garbage... it's about not inviting a bunch of pest mosquitoes to fly around while we're sipping our ice tea in the pleasant evening. But alas, I believe it is me who misunderstands the intent of the "main" Seahawks forum.

An example of an expected or typical chump Niner fan statement to follow: "Ah, we're in your head!" :34853_doh: Ah... no.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction

They did? :(
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• drdiags wrote:You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction

Thanks. Yah, like I said... I know it's not a popular opinion and I'm sure there's reasoning behind decisions made by those who run the site. I certainly don't intend to blow it out of proportion. I'm not on a mission or anything like that. Just an observation and a point to be made. Do you see Seahawk fans initiating posts about the Niners stuff in the main forum? When the OP is a bleacher report comparison of CK vs. RW... I think Seahawks fans are generally talking on the side of RW. But, those certainly open the door for Niner fans to come be incessant about their team and QB.

Let me ask you, though... in your estimation, do you think it limits that desired interaction if there is a designated forum for that? Is there some barrier that gets created that prevents non-Seahawks fans from doing their Seahawks talking in the NFL forum? To me, seems like that is the intent of "NFL Forum" (because even though some fans come into the main forum to genuinely discuss the Seahawks... usually there is at least a hint of their team as well (and in the case of division rivals, more so.) I'm sure that the reasoning is that for moderators purposes, anything exclusively Seahawks belongs in the main forum. Sometimes posts start that way and veer way off course. Seems that it might actually be easier to moderate the appropriateness of the content if Seahawks related topics could be brought up by non-fans in the NFL forum. My :twocents:

Though I brought it up, I'm not hung up about it. I trust those that are running it all they have a handle on everything. (Even if I didn't, who am I? It's not my site. I'm a privileged guest. So, I'm grateful to interact.) My comments are only intended to suggest what might be more pleasant for Seahawks fans. To me, that's a different perspective. I don't live in the greater Seattle area. (As you know), I live in Orlando. It's a treat for me to discuss Seahawks. So, it's somewhat disappointing when I go into the main forum and get into the types of conversations I can get here sometimes in person with others. (Though I'm looking for Seahawks fans in Central Florida. There's a start up Private High School Football program that has 3 Seahawks fans on their coaching staff. My wife and I are looking into that program for our middle son fall of 2014.) I don't know if any of those coaches post on .net (if so, PM me!) I've only met one of them in person.

Anyway, yes... I assumed what you said to be the case. Thanks again.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Marvin49 wrote:Wow. :shock:

REALLY! Here, is this any more readable? I didn't realize you couldn't read the font size. No need to put on those goofy glasses that make your eyes look so big.
    Yes, Tom Brady is pretty good. Momentum is a huge thing. You must have saw that shift after the 2nd halftime of the Super Bowl. Anyway, sorry if I lost you. Wasn't trying to be clever. I'll try to remember that you've got pompous down, though.

LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

No worries. Just lookin forward to week 2.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Who are these Niners we are talking about?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• ToC.

I have always thought non-Seahawks discussions should go into the NFL Forum and folks should be reminded not to go off-topic. People are just stubborn in their ways and tend to do what they want. Yes, our discussions about rivals and the like IMO would be better in the NFL Forum.

But as you state, one of our fans brought up this topic and surely he knew the discussion was not going to be one-sided. It was an open invitation to rival fans to stand up for their guy.

The things I see is we can start with any topic about a Seahawks player, someone will eventually pull up a comparison to our division rival and then off we go with Seahawks vs 9ers trash talk. Put up the season highlights, someone drools over the blowout of the 9ers.

I only hope the Rams don't catch folks with their pants down after all this fixating on the team that won the last 2 division crowns.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Throwdown wrote:
    drdiags wrote:You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction

Non-Seahawk sure, but NOT 9'ers fans. They're the fricken worst... They're so ignorant and obnoxious that I can't help but imagine everything they write being said in a Fran Drescher/Rosie Perez voice. They're like nails on a chalkboard. "Blabity blabity Justin Smith was hurt blabity blabity Kaepernicking isn't douchy blabity blabity I know 7 foods that start with the letter Q Billy! hehehehe....." aaaaarrrrrggghh, makes me want to claw my eyes out!

AND they keep staring at my bulge...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    drdiags wrote:You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction

Non-Seahawk sure, but NOT 9'ers fans. They're the fricken worst... They're so ignorant and obnoxious that I can't help but imagine everything they write being said in a Fran Drescher/Rosie Perez voice. They're like nails on a chalkboard. "Blabity blabity Justin Smith was hurt blabity blabity Kaepernicking isn't douchy blabity blabity I know 7 foods that start with the letter Q Billy! hehehehe....." aaaaarrrrrggghh, makes me want to claw my eyes out!

AND they keep staring at my bulge...

They also refuse to shower.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:

LOL.

Yeah....my issue wasn't that I couldn't read...it was that you seem to be attributing WAY to much credit to the Seahawks for "exposing" the 49ers. You know...the Self Aggrandizing part.

Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.
    formido
    NET Starter

• formido wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:LOL.

Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

No...but he sure has a history of beating Pete Carroll. :D

Sorry, that was too easy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:ToC.

I have always thought non-Seahawks discussions should go into the NFL Forum and folks should be reminded not to go off-topic. People are just stubborn in their ways and tend to do what they want. Yes, our discussions about rivals and the like IMO would be better in the NFL Forum.

But as you state, one of our fans brought up this topic and surely he knew the discussion was not going to be one-sided. It was an open invitation to rival fans to stand up for their guy.

The things I see is we can start with any topic about a Seahawks player, someone will eventually pull up a comparison to our division rival and then off we go with Seahawks vs 9ers trash talk. Put up the season highlights, someone drools over the blowout of the 9ers.

I only hope the Rams don't catch folks with their pants down after all this fixating on the team that won the last 2 division crowns.

Yup.
    Good thing the Seahawks are not overlooking the Rams. I doubt the Niners are either. I have thought for some time - even before the draft - that the Rams would be the more formidable challenger for the division... not the 49ers. The NFC West is going to be a battle, but... Russell Wilson is special! Percy Harvin can't stop smiling.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:

LOL.

Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
    One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    formido wrote:

That would probably sting if it weren't for 42-13.
    formido
    NET Starter

• pssst.... TotC..... stop feeding the trolls and they might go away........
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:pssst.... TotC..... stop feeding the trolls and they might go away........

Ah, I gotcha CANHawk. Don't even engage them... just ignore them and they may go away. Not sure that's gonna work. I usually do ignore. They're still here.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Gee, my mistake then, since you say so. How could I have so obviously missed that you were insulting my reasoning? How very self-aggrandizing of me to suggest that the Seahawks had a lot to do with exposing the 49ers. Good thing you Niner fans are here to "discuss" and "interact" with us Seahawks fans. That's right, Niner fans simply wish to come into a Seahawks forum with pure intent to merely talk football. Everyone should know that you guys know much more about football because the 1980s teams won championships and the Seahawks team did not. That settles it, right? Gosh, how silly of me to bother waste my time to explain what I meant - especially if I were to give reference and applaud the total game plan and team effort of the Seahawks that SNF game. That's what you experts call, weak sauce, right?
    One more thing. Are we supposed to take your week 2 reference as some prediction, oh great nostraDUMass? So you're saying we should count on you coming after us in this Seahawks - 49ers forum (.net main) and give us all an ear full? Because you're just here to talk football, not smack, etc.

um...

1) I thought it very convienient that you believe the Seahawks exposed the Niners,. That is what you WANT to believe therefore it muct be true regardless of whatever evidense put forward. IE...Self Aggrandizing. You are inserting you're team as the architect of the demise of the 49ers. If you don't see that as a bit arrogant, I dunno what to tell you.

2) I know much more about 49er football than you do. I claim nothing more. You clearly know your team better and I would never suggest otherwise. You are telling me what you're impression is of what your team did to the 49ers and I have responded by saying it actually happened the weak before Seattle and continued the rest of the Season. It is you who are saying you know more about the 49ers than I do...even though I've been watching my team for over 30 years. I never said a word about past championships. All that means is that I've had the priviledge to watch more successful teams...it has nothing to do with who has a better knowledge of the game overall. Get off the high horse.

3) I have no doubt that the Seahawks came in with a good gameplan. Good for you. You won. Have fun with it.

4) You were supposed to take my week 2 comment as me saying I can't wait till week 2. I have no idea who is going to win...but I surely want to see that game. I'm sure everyone on this site feels the same way. I've been here for awhile now and I rarely if ever engage in smack talk. If the 'hawks win I'll congratulate you guys. If the Niners win I'll be humble. Either way I think you need to have a thicker skin because I honestly thought this conversation was over like 3 responses ago. Stop reading more into what I'm saying. Typically anything I mean to say I'll say outright. No need to decode.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• formido wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    formido wrote:Because Harbaugh has a history of vindicating losses? Like the Rams? Like the Giants? Like the Ravens? Good luck with that.

That would probably sting if it weren't for 42-13.

LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.

42-13
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday
    Well I am tired of that response "Any Given Sunday" sounds to me like you are already gearing up for your inevitable week 2 beatdown in the Clink.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• KCHawkGirl wrote:
    LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday
    Well I am tired of that response "Any Given Sunday" sounds to me like you are already gearing up for your inevitable week 2 beatdown in the Clink.

No...it means I remember the 49ers losing 21-0 to the Bucs in 2010 and then beating the Bucs 48-3 one year later. DO I really think the Bucs were 21 points the better team and then a year later the Niners were 45 points the better team? No.

Any. Given. Sunday. There is a reason that saying exists.

Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information