Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Marvin49, you're on the Seahawks board arguing for your team guy. It's clear alright that someone's in someone's head... and you're correct - it's not complicated. It's obvious.
    By the way... the Niners are on the history channel right now. The network knows their fans live in the past.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • Marvin49 wrote:There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.


    I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

    I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.


    I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

    I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.

    Well said.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • NinerLifer wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.

    Not when Alex looks like the pre-Harbaugh Alex under Reid.

    Is that a "what if" guess or a prediction? Is there a particular reason why you might think Alex Smith would regress under Reid?

    The only reason I can come up with is schadenfreude.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7444
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5720
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:There are a select few who give Kaep credit here....most give almost none...yet they talk about him so it's clear he's in their head. BTW...can we slow down on the "the very best" line on Wilson? LOL. He's a very promising young player, but you guys act like he's already Joe Montana.


    I am one of the guys who give Kaep some credit, but I don't mind anyone thinking that Wilson is miles better than KaeperStank. You are asking Seahawk fans to pipe down their love for Wilson, but you have Niner fans who make them look timid in comparison. You have read it, there are still a large population of shitheads thinking that Wilson's height is a big deal, that KaeperFreak can "outgun" Wilson or that he has more potential. Dismissive to a guy who made it look EASY against YOUR team's defense. Something most QB's don't do.

    I get it.. You don't like the hype for RW, but when you start spouting that stuff over on the Niner board and diminish the talk about how KaeperBeak is the best, you might get some takers. So far, all we know is that Wilson has beat the Niners with KaeperPick playing, where Kaepapaki hasn't even come CLOSE. Not even in the same realm. Hard to swallow any pro-Papaki argument without giving RW a little more credit. Papaki didn't take the Niners to the Super Bowl, the Niners took the Niners to the Super Bowl.


    I don't expect anyone here to think Kaep is as good as Wilson. I just find it amusing how much people need to talk about Kaep here and point out just about any negative thing they can come up with to put the guy down. It's alright...no worries...I just find it amusing. It seems there are more Kaepernick threads here than on Niner sites...and none of them are started here by Niner fans.

    I have no prob with the hype on Wilson. I liked him coming out of college and I like him now. I'm just saying lets not call the guy "the very best" just yet. Very small sample size. I'm not putting Kaep there either.

    A couple things tho....

    1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.

    2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.

    3) In the Super Bowl, he had his first NFL 300 yard game and came 5 yards short of the largest comeback in SB history...in his freakin 10th NFL start. Come on now....give the guy some credit.

    4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".


    BTW...to answer a previous poster....I post here because its far more fun in the LONG, LONG offseason to debate people who don't already agree with you.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.


    ...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
    As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

    Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.


    ...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.


    Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

    Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11429
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • CANHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.


    ...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.


    Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

    Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.


    I think thats a bit of an inferiority complex. Wilson gets tons of hype right now. Nobody is disrespecting him.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
    As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

    Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.


    I actually agree to a point about the first part, but the reason for that is that they lacked depth in the front 7.

    My initial point tho was simply that Wilson wasn't the only guy that lit them up down the stretch.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
    As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

    Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.


    I actually agree to a point about the first part, but the reason for that is that they lacked depth in the front 7.

    My initial point tho was simply that Wilson wasn't the only guy that lit them up down the stretch.

    Wilson and the Seahawks exposed them. The Ravens benefited greatly until the 2nd Halftime.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • CANHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.


    ...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.


    Oh I know exactly what he's doing and why he does it, but that don't make it any less douchy...

    Personally, I think it's GREAT that people think Kapaki, RGKnee and Bad Luck are sooo much better than Russell Wilson. it'll just make it all the more awesome when Rusty rises up and pimps the league this year.

    Marvin49 wrote:I think thats a bit of an inferiority complex. Wilson gets tons of hype right now. Nobody is disrespecting him.


    Hey... my eyes are up here pal. Stop staring at my bulge...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11429
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • I like Kaep. In terms of physical ability, he is as good as any in the league.

    However, in terms of intangibles, Russell Wilson is far ahead of Kaep. There are only 3 or 4 other QBs I would rather have holding the ball in the final 2 minutes of the game. That said, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady aren't exactly what you would call freak athletes. What sets them apart are their leadership and poise. That kind of leadership and poise isn't a product of physical tools, it's a consequence of intellectual and emotional capital that should only really come with time. Nothing get's me more excited than the thought of seeing Russell Wilson in his prime, perhaps many years from now. It only gets better and that's saying something for a team that already among the favorites to win a Super Bowl.
    User avatar
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 586
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.


    ...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.


    Oh, I am familiar with the story. I still think it's stupid. There are far less douchetastic ways to honor a deity.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5720
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Absolutely nothing about Colin Kaepernick suggests he is any kind of leader. A capable leader wouldn't go running around kissing his bicep like a buffoon.


    ...and anyone who knows what he's talking about would know its not his bicep he's kissing or might know why he does it.


    Oh, I am familiar with the story. I still think it's stupid. There are far less douchetastic ways to honor a deity.


    ...and now I know FOR SURE that you don't know why he does it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:The reason there is discussion about CK is that Niner fans are incessant. Get them out of our main forum and keep them in our NFL forum would eliminate what you're complaining about.
    As to the points... 1) The Niners were a team that didn't rotate their defensive players. They relied on their starters far too much and it bit them.

    Oh forget it... why bother. Answer with valid points and get, "Oh yeah, well you just hate our QB", "You're a homer", etc.


    I actually agree to a point about the first part, but the reason for that is that they lacked depth in the front 7.

    My initial point tho was simply that Wilson wasn't the only guy that lit them up down the stretch.

    Wilson and the Seahawks exposed them. The Ravens benefited greatly until the 2nd Halftime.


    To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

    I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • BlueTalon wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:I'm curious to see if they are going to seriously regret trading Alex Smith.

    Not when Alex looks like the pre-Harbaugh Alex under Reid.

    Is that a "what if" guess or a prediction? Is there a particular reason why you might think Alex Smith would regress under Reid?

    The only reason I can come up with is schadenfreude.


    Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

    It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:...and now I know FOR SURE that you don't know why he does it.


    Wasn't directed at me, but I'll chime in anyway.

    Do I know why he does it? Nope.

    Could I google it and read all about Kaperdink? Sure, but I don't care. :Dunno:

    Much more fun to just accept he's a douche and move on to far more interesting things.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5436
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • NinerLifer wrote:Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

    It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.


    I'm with you on this one.

    I want Alex to succeed because he's a good kid and because it would improve the Niners pick but I have a feeling he's going to regress with Harbaugh out of the picture.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:...and now I know FOR SURE that you don't know why he does it.


    Wasn't directed at me, but I'll chime in anyway.

    Do I know why he does it? Nope.

    Could I google it and read all about Kaperdink? Sure, but I don't care. :Dunno:

    Much more fun to just accept he's a douche and move on to far more interesting things.


    Yup....don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Understood. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

    Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "


    What a fricken douche-nozzle.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11429
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

    Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "


    What a fricken douche-nozzle.


    Is that....is that Razor Ramon?
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11026
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

    Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "


    What a fricken douche-nozzle.


    Is that....is that Razor Ramon?


    See! I KNOW about douche nozzels...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11429
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

    "Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 288
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.


    WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

    Marvin49 wrote:

    2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.



    GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"


    Marvin49 wrote:
    4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".



    Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)
    Last edited by loafoftatupu on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • NinerBuff wrote:bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

    "Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.



    :13:
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • NinerLifer wrote:Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

    It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.


    So what's that say about Kaepernick when Harbaugh can make garbage QBs look good? ;)
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1254
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

    Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "


    What a fricken douche-nozzle.


    If you say so.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:The tattoo kissing thing is one of the stupidest side stories in sports.

    Papaki wrote:"You don't like my tattoos because they make me look scary and quarterbacks aren't supposed to have tatoos and look scary?? Well I LOVE my tattoos cuz they give me super powers so i'll kiss them to let everyone know how much I love my tattoos and how I think they're all stupid doody heads because they don't like tattoos. I'm going to marry my tattoos because I love them SO much!! Then we're going to have little tattoo babies and they can spend all day kissing each other! Then I'm going to trademark "Kaepernicking" because it's so cool! Phhhhhht! :P "


    What a fricken douche-nozzle.


    If you say so.


    See! I knew it.

    He probably gave that interview while posing in front of his Jag with his turtle in his wife-beater. Douche.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5436
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.


    WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

    Marvin49 wrote:

    2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.



    GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"


    Marvin49 wrote:
    4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".



    Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)


    1) Justin missed 3 games, but he was hurt at the beginning of the second half in NE. When he came back he wasn't the same guy and had surgery only a few days after the season ended to repair a torn tricep. He wasn't in the game in Seattle and RJF was completely useless. Just watch the first TD by Lynch and see what happens to RJF.

    2) LOL....somehow if Wilson had put up that statline I don't think you'd be saying GB was nothing. I was never trying to sell them as the best D ever...just making teh point that Kaep had alot to do with the win. BTW...people forget this...but the score was 24-24 in the third quarter. It wasn't like the game wasn't contested. It only got out of hand late. I don't care when the comeback started, down 17 points and winning is still the largest comeback in NFC Championship history. Never happened before. Seattle SHOULD have beaten Atlanta tho...on that I'll agree.

    As for the car thing....just another example of running wild with something that isn't even a big deal. The picture was from Jaguar. It's an endorsement. It was the first new car he'd had since High school and was ASKED to "Kaepernick" for the ad. That doesn't matter to you guys tho because in 'hawkworld its any excuse to hate Colin Kaepernick. Don't let facts get in the way....hate must be justified.

    How the hell do you have any idea what kind of leader he is? His teammates seem to disagree with you. So do his coaches. I guess you just know more than they do.

    4) Hypocrite....LOL. I was responding TO YOU. WTF? lol.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • SE174 wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Since 2005 we have waited for Alex to become the QB that we thought he would be. He did have a bunch of bad luck with injuries and inconsistent coaching staff, but great QB's overcome those obstacles eventually. Alex was the starter before Harbs arrived and didn't look like he did before once Harbs took over. The only real thing that changed between the 2010-2011 season was the arrival of Harbaugh, which is why even the experts give credit to Harbaugh for the emergence of Alex Smith.

    It is just a hunch however that he won't perform as well as he did under Harbaugh though, one that I hope to be proven wrong on as he is a really good person and deserves his success after everything he put up with before Harbaugh took over.


    So what's that say about Kaepernick when Harbaugh can make garbage QBs look good? ;)


    There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that Harbaugh has had a huge hand in making Kaepernick what he is today. The same can be said for Andrew Luck.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:bleacher report is totally Niner Homer material... this is a meaningless article to fill someones quota...

    "Star Power"... that's just stupid. Both guys are good, both guys will be part of the future at QB and there isn't enough evidence to say one way or another yet.



    :13:


    Totally Agree.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

    I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.

    Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

    Go Hawks!
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    1) Actually, almost EVERY team the 49ers played lit up that D after Justin and Aldon were hurt. They had the #1 or #2 ranked pass D that completely imploded starting in the second half in NE. That continued all the way through the SB.


    WTF? You act as if Justin Smith missed a bunch of games, the first game the guy missed in my kid's entire life was the Seahawks game and screw that anyways.. If I hear another Niner go there for an excuse to lose BADLY one more time, that guy is going to be my eternal punching bag on this forum. ForEVER. Cowboy is one player, if the Niners rely on him so much, then they are deep shit this season. After the Hawks game, the Niners had the mighty Cards.. It is OBVIOUS that they lit up the Niners. And GB? Really???? COME ON MAN. They had a pick 6 and then their one trick pony offense was exposed, again. Talk about a gravy 1st playoff game for KaeperTweek.

    Marvin49 wrote:

    2) Kaep had alot more to do with that Super Bowl appearance than you give him credit for. 263 passing and 181 rushing along with 4 total TDs vs GB. In Atlanta, the D didn't show up in the first half and gave up a 17-0 lead. Kaep took them all the way back...and he did it with his arm and handing the ball to Frank Gore and LaMichael James on the read options. He didn't flinch. Matt Ryan did.



    GB doesn't even count as a team. That is a Hollywood sideshow trying to do it's best NE imitation. The Niners could have done whatever they wanted in that game. Atlanta.. Please.... When the first half ended, the Niners were already back in the game. Wilson has proven that coming back starting in the second quarter isn't really that big of a deal. Fortunately for the Niners, ATL had to score a TD and not a FG. Doesn't matter, Papaki is still great, he just isn't the leader you believe he is. Leaders don't PaPakernick themselves and post lame Jag pictures, posing with their car. "Look at me everybody! I am Papaki!!"


    Marvin49 wrote:
    4) At what point have I NOT given Wilson credit? Never. I've ALWAYS said he is a great looking young QB. Appearantly anything short of calling him Jesus Christ reborn is considered "disrespectful".



    Never said you didn't. There are guys who get a little offended for any negative light shining on Wilson, but take that crap back to the SF forums. It goes on there like a rabid plague. HYPOCRITE. :)


    1) Justin missed 3 games, but he was hurt at the beginning of the second half in NE. When he came back he wasn't the same guy and had surgery only a few days after the season ended to repair a torn tricep. He wasn't in the game in Seattle and RJF was completely useless. Just watch the first TD by Lynch and see what happens to RJF.

    2) LOL....somehow if Wilson had put up that statline I don't think you'd be saying GB was nothing. I was never trying to sell them as the best D ever...just making teh point that Kaep had alot to do with the win. BTW...people forget this...but the score was 24-24 in the third quarter. It wasn't like the game wasn't contested. It only got out of hand late. I don't care when the comeback started, down 17 points and winning is still the largest comeback in NFC Championship history. Never happened before. Seattle SHOULD have beaten Atlanta tho...on that I'll agree.

    As for the car thing....just another example of running wild with something that isn't even a big deal. The picture was from Jaguar. It's an endorsement. It was the first new car he'd had since High school and was ASKED to "Kaepernick" for the ad. That doesn't matter to you guys tho because in 'hawkworld its any excuse to hate Colin Kaepernick. Don't let facts get in the way....hate must be justified.

    How the hell do you have any idea what kind of leader he is? His teammates seem to disagree with you. So do his coaches. I guess you just know more than they do.

    4) Hypocrite....LOL. I was responding TO YOU. WTF? lol.


    Its HYPOCRITE dammit
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

    I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.

    Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

    Go Hawks!


    Wow. :shock:

    Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Papaki is the man. Best thing to happen to the wretched SF fan base in a long time, I don't really give a pump about what any writer puts together as some argument for a QB either. I do think that if the Hawks and Niners traded QBs, that SF would have won the Super Bowl and that the Hawks might be game under where they ended. That is simply because I think Wilson was the coolest customer on the field in a few games that Papaki might not have been. Maybe..

    Dude impressed the hell out of me in his first start, he looked perfect. In fact to me, it was his most efficient outing. That's just my opinion though. But I really don't care how good he is, as long as the Hawks can continue to progress or at least maintain the level of play they enjoyed on offense in the second half of the season.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:Papaki is the man. Best thing to happen to the wretched SF fan base in a long time, I don't really give a pump about what any writer puts together as some argument for a QB either. I do think that if the Hawks and Niners traded QBs, that SF would have won the Super Bowl and that the Hawks might be game under where they ended. That is simply because I think Wilson was the coolest customer on the field in a few games that Papaki might not have been. Maybe..

    Dude impressed the hell out of me in his first start, he looked perfect. In fact to me, it was his most efficient outing. That's just my opinion though. But I really don't care how good he is, as long as the Hawks can continue to progress or at least maintain the level of play they enjoyed on offense in the second half of the season.


    Thats fair.

    I dunno who will be better, but I think its certainly fair to say that Wilson is more polished as an NFL QB right now. He wasn't as raw coming out to begin with and he's gotten very good coaching.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3519
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • All said, they are both young QBs that look really good out of the starting gate. I think my original post was my gut reflex to reading the B/R "article" that was ridiculous from my Seahawk (as objective as I can be - "homer") point of view. It just didn't seem like a fair and impartial sports writer type comparison. At the least, the leadership should have been undeniable towards Russ. But seeing how the author is a 49er fan, I guess I can understand the 49 homer-ism slant. Each time I read B/R, I respect it less and in this instance I don't agree with his scoring, but I understand why it is skewed now.
    Both are QBs that are impressing lots of people...I'm not denying Kaep is a good quarterback, I'm just more impressed with Russell's complete game and his intelligence (and I don't factor in "Star-Power").
    User avatar
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 225
    Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 am


  • bobincovington wrote:All said, they are both young QBs that look really good out of the starting gate. I think my original post was my gut reflex to reading the B/R "article" that was ridiculous from my Seahawk (as objective as I can be - "homer") point of view. It just didn't seem like a fair and impartial sports writer type comparison. At the least, the leadership should have been undeniable towards Russ. But seeing how the author is a 49er fan, I guess I can understand the 49 homer-ism slant. Each time I read B/R, I respect it less and in this instance I don't agree with his scoring, but I understand why it is skewed now.
    Both are QBs that are impressing lots of people...I'm not denying Kaep is a good quarterback, I'm just more impressed with Russell's complete game and his intelligence (and I don't factor in "Star-Power").


    If you're looking for some anti-49ers articles... look no further than Pete Prisco of CBS.com. Some 49er back in the day must have peed in his cereal or something :|
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 288
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm


  • I look at it this way: the Niners barely edged us for the division, then they went to the SB. Not only did they beat two teams, but they fell behind to the team we did, by damn near as much, and came back to win that game in dominant fashion. They deserve every accolade they get.

    If I was a die hard Niners fan (well, I'd shoot myself in the head..) I'd be pissed at all the love the Seahawks are getting, and all the people picking the Hawks to win the division.

    I don't remember the last time we've gotten this much attention, but it's past time for people to be picking every article that doesn't worship our players and eviscerate it.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3733
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Here are my thoughts on the article...


    IT WAS SHIT.


    /thiscrap
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2197
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


  • Five pages on and B******r R****t still sucks.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8049
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • I expect the Niners hype, they went to the Super Bowl. Any media love they get is deserved. I just don't like the media putting distance between the Niners and Hawks. That half game division championship was everything. If the Niners are the 5 seed, they go to DC, take out the Skins, go to ATL, knock them off while the Hawks get a decimation match at home against GB with a healthy Clemons who doesn't get injured on FedEx grass. Bringing the Niners back to the scene of their last assault for the NFCCG.

    That is the difference in that half game and media perception. For what it is worth, I think both the Niners and Hawks get a little too much love. That Kaepernick and Wilson do too. Neither has a second season to back up their success, but look to be poised for seriously good seasons. Sample size is pretty small.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    To be fair, it was the Pats who exposed them in the second half....when Justin Smith got hurt.

    I'm not trying to take something away from Wilson BTW...he had a great day...I'm just sayin that D fell apart when both Justin and Aldon got hurt. The secondary was forced to cover longer and got exposed. They were able to overcome it through most of the playoffs but it was just too much to overcome in the SB.

    Nah, the 49ers got caught with their pants down with the big lead when the Patriots just started slinging it. I attribute that more to momentum shift than the Patriots exposing the SF Defense. Nothing against the Patriots because every Seahawks fan was rooting for them that night. But, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks were the team that truly exposed how to beat the 49ers from the start of the game through the finish. They were built to do so. The Patriots were not. They just played with nothing to lose because all seemed lost for them that night. I would also attribute that to Brady being Brady. Tough to stop that guy when he gets going. When SF was down big... they still couldn't do anything against the Seattle Defense, though they tried. That was the complete game recipe for how to beat the 49ers by a team that is most capable of doing so with a total team effort.

    Go Hawks!


    Wow. :shock:

    Really? OK...I guess thats ONE way to look at it. A bit self aggrandizing IMO, but whatevers clever.

    REALLY! Here, is this any more readable? I didn't realize you couldn't read the font size. No need to put on those goofy glasses that make your eyes look so big.
    Yes, Tom Brady is pretty good. Momentum is a huge thing. You must have saw that shift after the 2nd halftime of the Super Bowl. Anyway, sorry if I lost you. Wasn't trying to be clever. I'll try to remember that you've got pompous down, though.
    Too, I'll try to remember you're vision impaired.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • The funniest part of any article that has any mention of the Hawks or Niners is the number of Niner fans following up with some weak attack on how crappy the Seahawks are and the repeated "how many Super Bowls" line they throw out to any fan who makes a positive comment about their favorite team. I read some shit on NFL. Com about Kaeperstank being MVP. Niner fans come out in large numbers to even rip on Ravens fans.

    Just post about any team, say something like "Go Packers" and watch how quickly the Whiner fans attack like a group of Pihrana. I swear, a Niner fan takes more pleasure in disrespecting other fans than enjoying the success of their own favorite team.

    All I know is that they better be one kick ass team this year, because that fan base could be a flash-meltdown across the nation.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round.


    That's part of it, a small part of it.

    Kaepernick wasn't a 1st rounder either.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11199
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • kearly wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:Well, to be fair... they were talking about the next Russell Wilson because he was drafted last year and in the 3rd round.


    That's part of it, a small part of it.

    Kaepernick wasn't a 1st rounder either.

    Thanks. Yah, I know. If you go back, I didn't say that CK was a first rounder (and, in fact, I do believe I said 2nd round.) Not sure why that was brought up as a point?

    In any case, I think perhaps you didn't quite understand what I meant. Not that it matters, because we essentially agree. No issue here. But, I don't think I explained my point very clearly... I just said what you quoted.

    They're not going to provide commentary listing multiple examples to make their point about finding a draft value or draft steal at QB in later rounds (after the 1st or high 2nd). So, that's why they didn't say, "Teams are looking for the next RW or CW or ... " It gets too wordy and unnecessary. Part of it is that they chose the best example... Russell Wilson, of course + the fact that he was taken in the previous draft. That was my point. CK isn't on the same level when you consider intangibles... which is why they didn't bypass RW as the example and give the example from the previous year draft - CK in the 2nd round (#36 overall + they traded up from the #45 overall to draft him) which is in that range when teams are looking for a franchise QB. So, it wouldn't really make sense to say that teams are looking for the next CK b/c any team can use a high pick "looking" for a QB (and trading up into that early 2nd round range to get him.) It's a great feat to draft a Russell Wilson no matter what round, but when one considers he was had in the 3rd round (#75 overall, did not trade up - but almost took him in the 2nd round) - coupled with his accomplishments and forecasting his future (and the future of the team with him)... what team wouldn't want that? There are other QB's they could have used as an example... but, they used the obvious best choice example!

    Go Hawks!
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • loafoftatupu wrote:a Niner fan takes more pleasure in disrespecting other fans than enjoying the success of their own favorite team.

    Sadly, this is so very true. Excellent observation. You hit the nail on the head with this statement. I don't mind limited dialog with Niner fans (but, usually their hijacking comments turn posts into mild smack that stay just this side of the shack.) Perhaps your quote should be posted as a warning at the top of the forum selection screen - or at least the main forum. Newcomers deserve to be fair warned + too, they need to realize that even though the main forum might look like a Seahawks and Niners forum, that wasn't the original intent.

    And as a disclaimer to those who wish to immediately jump on such comments... no, I do not sweat Niner fans. There are chump fans from other teams, too. Not all fans are chumps, of course. But, as in the above quote (and loafoftatupu's further commentary on the matter in the full post) there is a chump-ness level that 49er fans seem to have attained. But, perhaps I digress. I only say this to be clear that I don't feel they are any threat. They certainly can be a nuisance, though. That's why I would be in favor of preserving (or rather reclaiming) the main forum SEAHAWKS and Seahawks FANS only. I don't go into the main forum looking to talk about CK incessantly. If I wanted to do that, I would more intuitively visit the NFL forum. I know I don't seem to have much agreement on that. Still, I wish to make the point. For example, I would much rather enjoy conversing with Seahawks fans about the upcoming season and during each glorious week without having to make a case to an incessant 49er fan that wishes to inject their team or certain player into the conversation. It's not a matter of me or anyone "fearing" 49er fans or any of that garbage... it's about not inviting a bunch of pest mosquitoes to fly around while we're sipping our ice tea in the pleasant evening. But alas, I believe it is me who misunderstands the intent of the "main" Seahawks forum.

    An example of an expected or typical chump Niner fan statement to follow: "Ah, we're in your head!" :34853_doh: Ah... no.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • You can't claim the main forum Seahawks fans only if folks keep bringing up 9ers stuff. Plus our guys said that they wanted to promote more non-Seahawks fans interaction
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9317
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Next


It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information