Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Do you guys honestly believe that every game from now on is going to be a near 30 point win by Seattle? Jeez.

Not even. I expect every game against the Niners to be pretty tight. Do you feel that Harbafreak "owns" Carroll because the Niners beat a Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks team in two close games?

Or that the 4 game win streak the Niners had with 3 of them at the Stick holds any water?

Me neither, but loads of Niner fans claimed it was some level of superiority over the Hawks. Carroll has split with the Niners two out of three seasons he has coached, losing a VERY close game at the Clink with TJack starting. Yet, Harbafreak "owns" Carroll.

Nah...I just said that because I was prevoked. :D

These two teams are really evenly matched. Should be fun for several years.

BTW..Harbaugh also owned Carroll in college. Has no bearing on what happens now...just sayin' it wasn't just the 3 NFL meetings.

Right. On the other hand 42-13 *does* have a bearing on what happens now. The more recent the results the more predictive of future outcomes. Nate Silver, the now-famous election forecaster from the New York Times blog 538, has a great book that goes into depth about this sort of thing.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Signal-Noise- ... 159420411X
    formido
    NET Starter

• Marvin49 wrote:
    LOL....That response is so tired. One game. One night. Its like its the end all be all for you guys. I really don't give 2 sh*ts about that game. Any given sunday.

Nope. If the Hawks play this season like the way they ended last, there will be another beat down. Now go do yourself a favor and GET OFF our board, Troll. :49ersmall:

:141847_bnono:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Niners fans act like they "own" the Hawks. Um, the all time series is tied. Suck it "Niner Faithful"
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Harbs has a chance if Colin Kraeptastik is the next Andrew Luck.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Lets take the temperature on Marvin...

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69379&start=0
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Lol - here's a B/R article that we're all bound to like:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537 ... -qb/page/9

For those who don't want to read the link - they list young QB's as follows:
    7: Tannehill
    6: Newton
    5: Stafford
    4: Kaepernick
    3: RG3
    2: Luck
    1: Russell Wilson

:)

Of course now fans of the other QB's are whining just like we were - and it's fair - all the QBs are young and other than Stafford and Newton they only have 1 year of NFL experience under their belts. Should be interesting to see how lists like this appear after next season :)
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• There must be a lot more focus or specialized camps for kids to learn the QB position. We have never seen this kind of talent at QB entering the league at one time.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Lol - here's a B/R article that we're all bound to like:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1537 ... -qb/page/9

For those who don't want to read the link - they list young QB's as follows:
    7: Tannehill
    6: Newton
    5: Stafford
    4: Kaepernick
    3: RG3
    2: Luck
    1: Russell Wilson

:)

Of course now fans of the other QB's are whining just like we were - and it's fair - all the QBs are young and other than Stafford and Newton they only have 1 year of NFL experience under their belts. Should be interesting to see how lists like this appear after next season :)

Just as i said when a Bleacher Report aticle said Kaep was better...

Ignore anything on that site.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• I was never a fan of comparing two talented QBs based on numbers and wins. Nobody on the SF or SEA side can argue that the other QB isn't amazingly talented. There is so much more that goes into an NFL team. If the two QBs swapped places they probably would have the same success on either team. Russell is younger and Kap only played half a season granted. Although both showed clutch skills as well as incredible arm talent and football IQ. At this point it isn't a matter of QB as both teams are solid at that position. It comes down to coaching defense and offensive weapons. Both teams are so similar that you have to start nit picking things like special teams and game plans/homefield advantage.
    BigBay49
    NET Bench Warmer

• So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

Here's a few things in the author's summary, to see more, click on his name:

"ABOUT
    I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area.

Favorite Sports Teams: San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers

Most Memorable Game Attended: January 12, 2013, 49ers/Packers playoff game."

etc, etc....I think that helps explain his (cough) "article."
    JDSeahawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT
    I'm a recent graduate from San Francisco State University with a degree in Journalism. I live and breathe sports, particularly any from the Bay Area.

Exactly what BR isn't worth referencing as a supporting argument to anything. Most of the time it is just some dude that decided to switch from message boards to pretending even more that his opinion mattered. Just a bunch of homers acting like analysts.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Rocket wrote:Those who ponder star power as a criteria for rating athletes are either Nike marketing dweebs or devotees of "reality" TV.
    Neither can find their asses in the dark with both hands.

(apologies to our Nike marketing brethren)

Brother Rocket makes a couple of good points there!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• NinerLifer wrote:
    JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Exactly what BR isn't worth referencing as a supporting argument to anything. Most of the time it is just some dude that decided to switch from message boards to pretending even more that his opinion mattered. Just a bunch of homers acting like analysts.

For a good time read his pregame analysis of the last Hawks /Niners game.
    Now to his credit, the Niners were fresh off the NE game, but you could read the Niner fan in him if the piece was written in Chinese.

There is nothing wrong with putting together a post that reads with favoritism, especially if you come out and show your colors, but to attempt to make it seem balanced while bleeding the Home team blood just reads stupid.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I'm in a hurry to crown unproven quarterbacks with long charts full of winning stats.

Lets see what Dennis Green has to say about that shall we?

Beeker
    NET Rookie

• kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

This is baffling. I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm no idiot. Wilson is a top-notch QB, but you're either over-selling Wilson or under-selling Kaep. Where did you even come up with such a comparison? Rodgers is light years ahead of Smith, whereas most people can't even be sure who is better between Wilson and Kaep.
    est.1985
    NET Bench Warmer

• est.1985 wrote:
    kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

This is baffling. I'm a 49ers fan, but I'm no idiot. Wilson is a top-notch QB, but you're either over-selling Wilson or under-selling Kaep. Where did you even come up with such a comparison? Rodgers is light years ahead of Smith, whereas most people can't even be sure who is better between Wilson and Kaep.

:snack:
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• BigBay49 wrote:I was never a fan of comparing two talented QBs based on numbers and wins. Nobody on the SF or SEA side can argue that the other QB isn't amazingly talented. There is so much more that goes into an NFL team. If the two QBs swapped places they probably would have the same success on either team. Russell is younger and Kap only played half a season granted. Although both showed clutch skills as well as incredible arm talent and football IQ. At this point it isn't a matter of QB as both teams are solid at that position. It comes down to coaching defense and offensive weapons. Both teams are so similar that you have to start nit picking things like special teams and game plans/homefield advantage.

Lets see well one Wilson is younger, has less league experience as Kaep came in 2011, Wilson 2012. Wilson also played on younger offense, and younger team overall.

No offense or nothing Kaepernick might be better after this season but Wilson is better now. We'll see if Wilson can expand his second half success for a full-season and whether or not Kaepernick can become a consistent pocket passer than another Michael Vick.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Every Journalist is biased. Also it's the offseason, so journalists will write things that will get eyeballs. Seattle is a good team. Ruseel Wilson is a good QB. We'll see what happens in the 2nd game of the season. That will be the real indicator of who is better.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• est.1985 wrote:
    kearly wrote:The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

Do go on..... :snack:
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:
    JDSeahawks wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Every Journalist is biased. Also it's the offseason, so journalists will write things that will get eyeballs. Seattle is a good team. Ruseel Wilson is a good QB. We'll see what happens in the 2nd game of the season. That will be the real indicator of who is better.

Actually that would be in January for our THIRD meeting if you make it there that is.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Actually knowing the background and the bio, I am once again in a state of Seahawk Zen. Knowing this author is a homer preaching to his own choir, the article loses most of it's credibility and allows me to disregard his "rank" ranking.

Now I can just relax and wait for the next article to come out about the replacement ref saying it was the right call and let the endless Packer "worst call in the world" comments send me into orbit. :)
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• bobincovington wrote:So, OP did you or anyone else take a look at that authors background and bio? That should tell you EVERYTHING about why he put Kaep ahead of Wilson. B/R is crap since it's an open source media site, so pretty much any "fan" can write for it, like this one.

"ABOUT

Actually knowing the background and the bio, I am once again in a state of Seahawk Zen. Knowing this author is a homer preaching to his own choir, the article loses most of it's credibility and allows me to disregard his "rank" ranking.

Now I can just relax and wait for the next article to come out about the replacement ref saying it was the right call and let the endless Packer "worst call in the world" comments send me into orbit. :)

Well...you should have ignored his "article" as soon as you saw that it was from Bleacher Report...and that's coming from a Niner fan.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• since we are now telling other fan bases what they should do....oh nevermind
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• bobincovington wrote:since we are now telling other fan bases what they should do....oh nevermind

LOL.

Not what I meant...just sayin' you can save yourself alot of time by not reading anything from Bleacher Report. Ever. Total waste of time.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Giedi wrote:

"ABOUT

2 things. That is BR, so it is not a journalist. It is a blogger.
    Also, good to know you are already chalking the first meeting up as a loss. Why the 2nd game will prove more than the first one IDK, but you are the expert. I kid, I kid. You are no expert.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• sorry, jumped to the wrong conclusion then. Yes I don't give much credibility to any information from B/R, but it is hard not to read something that pops up on Google about your team. I just need to remember to add a statement like this at the end of each B/R article I read...

disclaimer; Remember this independently contributed article is from Bleacher Report and may have been written by someone who doesn't know much about football, writing, or impartial, factual reporting and may actually be a 14 year old kid in his basement using an x-box controller. Please use this information for entertainment purposes only
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information