Looks like Kaepernick is rated better than Wilson on B/R...

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Wow, do people even watch Russell Wilson before they sum it all up for us, or do they just base everything off of Mel Kiper and the gang...? He's too short, can only do the run option, not really a pocket passer, doesn't have the arm strength??? Maybe I need to see a lot more of Kaepernick, he has played well, but I don't see him as better than Wilson.

Arm Strength - Kaep (I actually would like to see these two guys throw in a contest)
Accuracy - Wilson (but barely)
Athleticism - Kaep - (not so sure about that, taller maybe)
Star Power - Kaep (not sure what this even means)
Leadership - Kaep??? (what planet is this guy on?)
and Kaep is the winner!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681 ... west-crown

I need actual games where they actually can show who is better. I can't wait for the season to unfold (funny but I also can't wait for the 49ers to "unfold" when we play them)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
They're both really good, exciting young qb's. People are allowed their opinions and some will think Kaep is better. I don't understand the obsession we have with him on this board.

duckypoo

Reaction score
Bleacher.

Report.

Do you/we even need to consider the method behind this? They'll never give RW the respect we feel he deserves because all that site peddles is half formed thoughts from half formed minds.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
"Star Power"

LOL

What is this...Super Mario?

I actually like Bleacher Report because of the bad articles. It's fun to see what kind of BS your amateur sports fan can churn out and then read all the hundreds of troll comments at the bottom. It's great entertainment when I'm bored at work.

bobk3333

Reaction score
duckypoo":2qmb6ged said:
Bleacher.

Report.

Do you/we even need to consider the method behind this? They'll never give RW the respect we feel he deserves because all that site peddles is half formed thoughts from half formed minds.

The ratings bleacher report or any media organization give in June are irrelevant.

The only way this team and players will get the respect they deserve is to win a Super Bowl.

If they go 19-0, which I think is a realistic probability, the Hawks will have at least five players in the top twenty in the player predictions for 2014.

It's a fact that not many people outside of Seattle know how good Seahawk players like Earl Thomas, KJ Wright and Russell wilson are. PR might help a little, but the real way to fix that is not to complain, but to win.

drdiags

Reaction score
It's all just opinion. Maybe the guy is a fan of the 9ers or he just likes their team better than the Seahawks? Folks get mad if Luck or RGIII are said to be better long term stars while folks outside the fanbase probably feel this is true. It is fun for debate as long as you don't take it too seriously. Even after both have retired, folks on either side will say their guy was the best with justifications made for any discrepancies.

I like my guy Wilson and just want to follow his growth. Right now I try not to fixate on our division rivals from the south. Maybe my guy or theirs is just a shooting star across the horizon? Maybe they become legends? For myself, I choose not to follow the careers of those Wilson is compared to, which most likely is not a fun way to follow sports. Those LBJ vs MJ debates will always have a place in the sports discussion. Heck, I would love to sit down with my bud that thinks all players pre-1999 suck and don't hold a candle to today's NFL players. I doubt we would ever come to an agreement though.

Jville

Reaction score
It's the silly season. Lots of time killing ratings and articles that mean nothing.

Training camp will kick all that nonsence to the curb shortly.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
He almost won a super bowl his first year starting. He's good, and we need to be able to accept it around here.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
First off...BLEACHER REPORT!

The site sucks guys. Just about anybody can write an article on that site, not saying that they don't get it right sometimes though. :th2thumbs:

I would say that Kaep and Wilson split the Accuracy and Leadership category's, and Kaep takes the rest.

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, I do think Kaep is a good quarterback and I am impressed by him...just bummed that Russell doesn't get as much love for how amazing he is and he deserves more respect for his talent, character and his leadership. But I guess that is what it is all about...earning respect. So hopefully this season is Mr Wilson's "you thought I was good last year, look at me now" tour. And we can all sit back and listen to the pundits back peddle and say, "I have always thought Russell Wilson was going to be great".

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson gets a lot of respect, Super Bowl losers get a whole lot of pre season hype especially since the Ravens by most people gutted their team and don't have the proven horses to get back there. Everyone will be on the 49er favorite bandwagon, we are talked about in the vein of taking it away from them with Wilson and our defense leading the charge. Give the 49ers their due, they won the division and went to the dance, until that memory is erased and we step up to the top of the heap they will get those story lines. Kaep led and played his way to the position he is in just as Wilson did. We just have a different perspective.

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
one posted response to the article...

kyle yates posted 2 minutes ago Contributor I

LEADERSHIP??!!!! LEADERSHIP??!!!! You gave leadership to Colin Kaepernick?!!! You just lost credibility on every opinion you ever type for the rest of your life!!
I was following your logic until I got to that slide and then I almost had a heart attack. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're saying this without ever having watched him play or having listened to him speak. Otherwise there is no excuse. I'm usually not this opinionated. I've been reading bleacher for years and have never left a comment but, I mean, come on man. LEADERSHIP??!!! LEADERSHIP??!!!! I digress.

kearly

Reaction score
The article was decent until it got to leadership. I would think that would be the easiest call to make, and he got it wrong. Wilson also had more interviews and TV attention during SB week than Kaepernick did, there wasn't a bigger rising star in the NFL at the end of last season, that's another easy call he missed on. During the 2013 draft, everyone was asking "who's the next Russell Wilson." Nobody was asking for the next Colin Kaepernick, even though Colin Kaepernick types are much easier to find, and the 2013 draft even had a QB who compared (Manuel), whereas you might wait decades for the next Russell Wilson.

I like Kaepernick, but saying that he's better than Wilson feels a bit like saying Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was a pretty good QB last year (his numbers were better than Kaepernick's), but you'd have to make a pretty warped argument to overlook Rodgers to that degree.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
DB Factor: Kaep
Likelihood of being a guest star on the Jersey Shore: Kaep
Looking like squidward from spongebob squarepants: Kaep
Biceps: Kaep
Ability to Kiss Own Biceps: Kaep

Kaep is clearly better, sorry guys.

Jville

Reaction score
It's Sunday. How about an archived bleacher report suitable for the funny papers?

Alex Smith's hands measure 9.375" long. Although this isn't a ridiculously tiny measurement, it has (at times) been blamed for the first overall pick from 2005's tendencies to fumble over the years, as well as his inaccuracy.
And later in the article there is this .....
Colin Kaepernick

If Urban Myer's "spread option" offense doesn't translate easily to the NFL, what do we make of Chris Ault's "pistol" offense that Colin Kaepernick ran at Nevada? Basically, nothing. It just means that he'll be a project wherever he ends up, and is a couple years away from starting for any team. Kaepernick was accurate with his throws, and may have put the most impressive zip on the ball (clocked at 59 mph) but when thinking of the sporadic fumble issues he had in college, one can't help but notice his hand length of 9.25" is actually smaller than Alex Smith's. Be warned.

:lol: Source >>>>>>[urltargetblank]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/623825-avoiding-the-next-alex-smith-play-the-hands-your-dealt[/urltargetblank]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Complaining about something written on Bleacher Report would be like complaining about something written at the 49ers fan forum or in the comments section of an ESPN.com article. The site's content is filled by people who are no more qualified to write about football than you or me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":3c7avl9y said:
DB Factor: Kaep
Likelihood of being a guest star on the Jersey Shore: Kaep
Looking like squidward from spongebob squarepants: Kaep
Biceps: Kaep
Ability to Kiss Own Biceps: Kaep

Kaep is clearly better, sorry guys.

:th2thumbs:
BINGO!